Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Our electric transfer date today as well. Meter not set up online so I have emailed and asked for an email to confirm. No date yet for gas.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I've now had emails for both electricity and gas, both stating the 6th of Feb for the switch and asking for a meter read on the same date. The online account has the electric meter listed under 'meter points' but still no sign of the gas.

E.ON account is still accessible, so based on Malc's comments it doesn't look like they've been informed yet (although E.ON's site can't give me a tariff quote for some reason).

Still the best part of a week to go so I shouldn't start fretting now, but it's hard to not get nervous when you browse this forum and read all about peoples switching issues.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned and waited over one hour for customer services. They said that the gas transfer could take longer, but they asked for my gas MPRN, which is slightly concerning. I followed up the telephone conversation with an e-mail of the MPRN just in case. I had a significant problem with my last switch, so don't want to take any chances. It is during the switch that things go wrong, in my experience.

Customer services were helpful and pleasant and said they would investigate the gas switch. They also said to provide both meter readings a day earlier than the actual switch date in order to avoid an estimated bill.

My direct debit has been credited, but no meter reference numbers are online yet. The contract dates are showing for electricity only.

There is no change to my EON account as yet.
  • Aggress
    Options
    So I just signed up given they had the best tariff. The process was smooth as, well designed website, no issues and got through it start to finish in about 5 minutes.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trying to time transfer to max out on last year EON tariff which ends 9/3/17. How long does the full transfer take to IRESA from app to completion in days?
    I know the EON tariff is honoured for up to 20 days after 9/3 providing they are advised of transfer prior to 9/3.
  • Raxiel
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Trying to time transfer to max out on last year EON tariff which ends 9/3/17. How long does the full transfer take to IRESA from app to completion in days?
    I know the EON tariff is honoured for up to 20 days after 9/3 providing they are advised of transfer prior to 9/3.

It should be within 30 days from the application to completion of the switch, including the 14 day cooling off period (as mandated by their licence).

I'm not aware of any instances of them exceeding that time limit, although it sounds like they usually work right up to it (if all goes as planned, my own switch will have taken from 09-01-17 to 06-02-17, so 28 days).
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    I've just signed up too. Applying via their website seemed easy enough.
  • MakeitgoRIGHT
    Options
    My monthly came out at £74 against 78/79 from the rest of the pack.

Looked best and off I go.... Last window: Vat yet to be added.
    Wow, add 5% Vat and they are not so super - just like the rest. Feel a bit conned by the comparison.

eg, my usage was based on Vat inclusive prices

So the TIP is to choose the supplier, fill out the quotation windows, and be watchful for a Vat-add at the end. If the one you have chosen does it, check the other nearby two in case they are straight (not VAT) you might change your choice and save £2-£4 per month.
  • Raxiel
    Options
    My monthly came out at £74 against 78/79 from the rest of the pack.

Looked best and off I go.... Last window: Vat yet to be added.
    Wow, add 5% Vat and they are not so super - just like the rest. Feel a bit conned by the comparison.

eg, my usage was based on Vat inclusive prices

So the TIP is to choose the supplier, fill out the quotation windows, and be watchful for a Vat-add at the end. If the one you have chosen does it, check the other nearby two in case they are straight (not VAT) you might change your choice and save £2-£4 per month.

Depends on your usage and region I suppose. Even adding 5% to the rates they still came out cheapest for me.

Bear in mind though, It's just the unit and standing charges that are ex. VAT though. The projected annual and monthly costs, and TCR include VAT at 5%
  • MakeitgoRIGHT
    Options
    Thanks Rexiel.
    Not very clear though, is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business