Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chippychip wrote: »
    I joined up with Iresa, a couple of months ago, the switch over took 4 weeks, and they never gave me any updates on the progress of the swap. When the meter needed changing, Iresa supplied us with a new smart meter. But they never gave us a unit to take the readings, and they never activated it!!
    After numerous emails, we finally got told that Iresa do not support smart meters and they can't provide us with a unit to take readings! here's the email I received:

"I am sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Iresa do not support SMART meter functionality at the moment so although your meter may be a 'SMART' meter it will act like a traditional meter.

You can obtain reads directly from the meter but we are unable to 'turn on' any functionality or send you an energy monitor.

I am sorry if this news disappoints you.

Regards,

Oonagh"

so, we now have a smart meter that's about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and it does'nt indicate how much electricity we use, so it's useless!

Graham

Why did your meter need changing after you switched to Iresa?

Why did Iresa provide a smart meter? (particularly when they don't support smart metering)

According to Smart Energy GB, Iresa are not yet installing smart meters. Are you sure it was an authourised Iresa employee/agent that you allowed to interfere with your meter?:eek:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    goolip wrote: »
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]My fixed term with the group collaborative deal on British Gas is due to end this month. Rather than pay an extra £300+ per year the cheapest deal is with this new company but I can only see that they don't have the greatest feedback. Does anyone have any recent feedback on their experiences with them, I do worry that they are so new and if they go out of business, or if there are problems, they may be really difficult to fix.
    Many thanks

Lizzie[/FONT]

If you don't feel confident to use select supplier at this time, use the next one on the list (or whichever is the first one) that you are confident to select as your supplier :)
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Why did your meter need changing after you switched to Iresa?

Why did Iresa provide a smart meter? (particularly when they don't support smart metering)

According to Smart Energy GB, Iresa are not yet installing smart meters. Are you sure it was an authourised Iresa employee/agent that you allowed to interfere with your meter?:eek:

The other possibility is that a faulty analogue meter was replaced with a basic digital meter which has been mistaken for a smart meter because it's 'new'.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 February 2017 at 6:10PM
    Options
    With no collective switch in the offing for my part of the country, I signed-up on Saturday 4th February. So far, I've had 3 automated emails, giving full details of tariff - IRESA Flex 4 , my order reference, and various dates for when things are expected to happen:

• Your order will be processed on Saturday, February 18, 2017.
    • Credit Customers: First advance payment will be taken around Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
    • Your estimated supply start date is Monday, March 06, 2017.

I have also seen that the Direct Debit has been set up at my bank, and a reference number allocated. So far, no immediate concerns.

I haven't tried their customer service telephone line, but I don't think there is any need for me to ring them at the moment. I will update as and when I know more.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just gt my February bill,they have changed the Calorific Value to
    11.4718 from 11.47177
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 February 2017 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    Just gt my February bill,they have changed the Calorific Value to
    11.4718 from 11.47177

That is not the calorific value. The calorific value is usually 39.x ( to one decimal point only). The multiplier is just something they are using to calculate your bill. The bill should show what calorific value has been used.

11.4718 is also 11.47177 just rounded to 4 decimal points in Iresa's favour.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    No,as you say it only shows the multiplier being, 11.4718
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 February 2017 at 7:18PM
    Options
    That would be a "composite" multiplier still using the 40.3841 CV.

1*1.02264*40.3841/3.6=11.471776

So they are now hiding their illicit practices.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    That would be a "composite" multiplier still using the 40.3841 CV.

1*1.02264*40.3841/3.6=11.471776

So they are now hiding their illicit practices.

In fairness, they have said that they will correct all bills next month.

Consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk have asked for copies of erroneous bills as Ofgem is interested in what is going on.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just started my switch from OVO to Iresa recently. When I changed to OVO, I'd never heard of them before and they're now known for offering high standards of customer service.

Sadly, I can't justify OVO's prices for phoning them up once or twice a year. I also found the email responses from OVO amateurish most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure