Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I transferred to Iresa on 11 January.
    The online account was set up quite quickly but as the meter points were never showing online, I sent an e-mail on 3rd February, with both MPRN and meter serial numbers for gas and electricity. It was not acknowledged.
    Electricity supply is shown online to commence on 8 February, but nothing is showing for gas, possibly because I have an IGT.
    On the 7th February I sent e-mails again through both the online queries section and the Iresa meter reading e-mail address, with both MPNRs and both serial numbers in conjunction with both meter readings, in order to avoid any problems. neither was acknowledged.
    Today my online account was still not showing any dates for gas and no meter reference numbers or meter readings for electricity or gas.
    I telephoned and was told my gas transfer had been applied for twice and had been rejected twice. They could not provide a reason or explanation. They said they would look into it.
    I am not impressed with the customer service. I provided meter readings on time including mprns and serial numbers, yet my Iresa online account does not show this information and is not fully functional. I was left completely in the dark in terms of whether they had received my meter readings and mprns and serial numbers. They also did not contact me regarding the gas transfer failure, and only seemed to react when prompted over the telephone, by me.
    Should I be concerned?
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    You Get What You Pay For . . .Theres a reason they are the Cheapest on the market . .
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    I transferred to Iresa on 11 January.
    The online account was set up quite quickly but as the meter points were never showing online, I sent an e-mail on 3rd February, with both MPRN and meter serial numbers for gas and electricity. It was not acknowledged.
    Electricity supply is shown online to commence on 8 February, but nothing is showing for gas, possibly because I have an IGT.
    On the 7th February I sent e-mails again through both the online queries section and the Iresa meter reading e-mail address, with both MPNRs and both serial numbers in conjunction with both meter readings, in order to avoid any problems. neither was acknowledged.
    Today my online account was still not showing any dates for gas and no meter reference numbers or meter readings for electricity or gas.
    I telephoned and was told my gas transfer had been applied for twice and had been rejected twice. They could not provide a reason or explanation. They said they would look into it.
    I am not impressed with the customer service. I provided meter readings on time including mprns and serial numbers, yet my Iresa online account does not show this information and is not fully functional. I was left completely in the dark in terms of whether they had received my meter readings and mprns and serial numbers. They also did not contact me regarding the gas transfer failure, and only seemed to react when prompted over the telephone, by me.
    Should I be concerned?

I agree with much of what you have posted. Small suppliers struggle with IGT transfers as it is still a manual transfer process. Project Nexus was targeted at addressing, inter alia, IGT transfer issues but it is now on life support having been taken over by Ofgem. In the past 18 months, I have had one failed transfer (Ovo) and one where the transfer went through in 16 days from application to Switch (over Christmas and the New Year break) (ZOG). Iresa got my transfer through in 31 days from application, but it took nearly 2 months to get the gas online account up and running. There appear to be no rules about how long this should take.
  • Cumbria_Collie
    Options
    All the small players appear to have their problems so I've just gone for the cheapest and signed up with Iresa. Dead easy so far...3 automated emails in quick succession. We shall see how things progress.
  • System
    Options
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    You Get What You Pay For . . .Theres a reason they are the Cheapest on the market . .

Not true. I have had poor service from E.oN who have quoted 'industry norms' when I queried the lack of an online account for electricity, and exceptional service from Zog - one of the smaller suppliers in the market.

One of the reasons that Iresa is one of the cheapest on the market at the moment is down to the fact that they do not pay referral fees or have any links to cashback sites. It's an energy business model that I personally support.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    My experience too, on the same day. I could only enter my gas reading, as the electricity meter point info was not there yet. I waited about 15 mins to get through and gave a manual electricity reading, then confirmed by email. Received a confirmation email back by return.
    They told me that you can submit meter readings by email as follows:
    [EMAIL="meter.readings@iresa.co.uk"]meter.readings@iresa.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Not as slick as Eon, but it does the job so far.

For anybody in the same situation I can confirm that meter reading email address works as I used it myself this morning and it was responded to by email within the hour. I was in the same situation today - gas meter point had been set up on my account but the electricity meter point hadn't.

It saves wasting all that time and money and effort sat on the phone waiting in a queue! ;)
  • markipad
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Not true. I have had poor service from E.oN who have quoted 'industry norms' when I queried the lack of an online account for electricity, and exceptional service from Zog - one of the smaller suppliers in the market.

One of the reasons that Iresa is one of the cheapest on the market at the moment is down to the fact that they do not pay referral fees or have any links to cashback sites. It's an energy business model that I personally support.

....and partly the reason why I'm giving Iresa a go this year.......if they mess up, then I'll leave - the contract I've signed has no penalties for leaving early.
  • System
    Options
    This supplier seems to be doing its own thing irrespective of any customer input. As requested, I provided Iresa with meter readings for gas and electricity on the 31st January. Both figures were used as the basis for a transaction . This morning I noticed, that an additional meter reading had been added:

Deemed (Settlement Registers) or Estimated (Non-Settlement Registers) 31 January 2017 24566.0

This has now been used to add a further £8 to my small debit balance (which is incorrect because of an incorrect calorific value).

Nearly 3 months since transfer, I have yet to receive a gas bill from Iresa so when it eventually comes it will be interesting to see whether my actual meter reading has been used, and whether the bill uses the correct volume to kWH correct calorific value.
  • markipad
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »

This has now been used to add a further £8 to my small debit balance (which is incorrect because of an incorrect calorific value).

Nearly 3 months since transfer, I have yet to receive a gas bill from Iresa so when it eventually comes it will be interesting to see whether my actual meter reading has been used, and whether the bill uses the correct volume to kWH correct calorific value.

Thanks for this update. I will be following your experience with interest. I've still got a week remaining in the "cooling off" period. I feel determined to stick with it, because we need these smaller companies to compete with the big guys.

It would be interesting to know how many people are signing up to Iresa, and at what rate.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    For anybody in the same situation I can confirm that meter reading email address works as I used it myself this morning and it was responded to by email within the hour. I was in the same situation today - gas meter point had been set up on my account but the electricity meter point hadn't.

It saves wasting all that time and money and effort sat on the phone waiting in a queue! ;)

Your experience is not the same for everyone. I too provided meter readings to the above mentioned e-mail address, and days passed without a response. I also had an e-mail that had not been responded to for 6 days (now on day 9 and counting) I thus had to resort to a phone call to get Iresa to acknowledge my e-mailed meter readings.

I initiated my transfer to iresa on the 11th January, to date my meter readings are still not showing online, neither are my respective meter point references, or indeed the dates for my gas contract. They assure me that my electricity transfer has gone through, but there is still no online data as per above. They say that they have applied twice for the gas transfer, but it has been rejected, yet they cannot explain why. I have also been told twice that they are passing this to some team to investigate, and that this team will get back to me. To date I have heard nothing. I am totally in the dark.

I had a horrendous transfer the last time, and this was via 2 of the big companies. I am obviously concerned that this is a repetition. I find that with this and other utilities there is a problem at the initial human interface. Things don't run smoothly until the data has been correctly computerised.

If Iresa applied for the transfers correctly and by the correct date, then I will not be out of pocket until after the 27th February when I would be moved to EON's standard tariff. I am keeping my fingers crossed that matters will be sorted out by then.

Due to my last negative transfer experience I would have preferred to remain with EON, but due to the substantial cost diffential and change of reward benefits etc, I felt compelled to respond by withdrawing my custom There was also an element of annoyance at EON not valuing their existing customer base. I know that movers can be classed simply as 'rate tarts' but I am still interested in service and continuity, and am prepared to make a balanced decision. Unfortunately the balance had swung too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure