Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jlfan wrote: »
    No, the lady ( who I have to say was very helpful) followed up my call with an email later with that news!

I have since written and requested that very answer.

I will update, but I suspect it will 'just' have slipped through the net.

Are you with an IGT?
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Unfortunate to hear about the other issues jlfan, you should be able to get the gas switched in the price protection window. Push them to complete it before the 15th to avoid paying E.ON's SVR for the interim period.

Yes hopefully. I think ( but maybe wrong, so please correct) provided E.on are made aware by Iresa within the switching window ( 49 days before, until 20 days after the end of the deal) they will honour until it completes, i.e. beyond 15th Feb provided they are told before the 15th Feb?
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Are you with an IGT?

I have seen you use this term Hengus, but tbh I don't know what it means. Maybe naively I thought I was going to be bog standard...but maybe..how would I know?
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Yes hopefully. I think ( but maybe wrong, so please correct) provided E.on are made aware by Iresa within the switching window ( 49 days before, until 20 days after the end of the deal) they will honour until it completes, i.e. beyond 15th Feb provided they are told before the 15th Feb?

That's how the E.ON rep on this board described it, but the rep I spoke to on the phone (while confirming they knew I was leaving) was adamant the switch had to be completed within the 20 days.

One of them is wrong, hopefully the guy on the phone, but provided things get sorted by the 15th it saves having to argue the toss with them about it afterwards.

Still, might be worth calling E.ON to confirm they already know both fuels are being transferred away, not just the electricity.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    That's how the E.ON rep on this board described it, but the rep I spoke to on the phone (while confirming they knew I was leaving) was adamant the switch had to be completed within the 20 days.

One of them is wrong, hopefully the guy on the phone, but provided things get sorted by the 15th it saves having to argue the toss with them about it afterwards.

Still, might be worth calling E.ON to confirm they already know both fuels are being transferred away, not just the electricity.

I have just checked the terms. The guy on the phone was wrong.

Where the tariff end date has passed, notification must be provided to Eon within 20 working days(so that is about a month) and the switch must then be completed withing 3 weeks of that notification being received by Eon to avoid going onto Eon's SVR.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 February 2017 at 2:02PM
    Options
    I have seen you use this term Hengus, but tbh I don't know what it means. Maybe naively I thought I was going to be bog standard...but maybe..how would I know?

If you don't know what it means, you probably don't have one :)
    (most people don't)
    IGT = Independent Gas Transporter

If your gas meter number (also known as an MPRN or 'M' number) starts with 74, 75, 76 or 77 you are supplied via an IGT.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 February 2017 at 2:31PM
    Options

Not all gas is transported by the National Grid. There are a number of Independent Gas Transporters. When a switch involves an IGT it is a manual transfer process, and I know that Iresa (and a number of other small suppliers) struggle to cope with this process.

PS I should have added the following:

You can check if your house is connected to an IGT pipeline by referring to your Gas Meter to find out whether your house is connected to the National Grid or an IGT. The numbers 74, 75, 76 and 77 upon your meter indicate that gas is transported to your house by an IGT. If your property has any other number upon your meter that indicates that your gas is transported to you through the national grid.
  • chippychip
    Options
    I joined up with Iresa, a couple of months ago, the switch over took 4 weeks, and they never gave me any updates on the progress of the swap. When the meter needed changing, Iresa supplied us with a new smart meter. But they never gave us a unit to take the readings, and they never activated it!!
    After numerous emails, we finally got told that Iresa do not support smart meters and they can't provide us with a unit to take readings! here's the email I received:

"I am sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Iresa do not support SMART meter functionality at the moment so although your meter may be a 'SMART' meter it will act like a traditional meter.

You can obtain reads directly from the meter but we are unable to 'turn on' any functionality or send you an energy monitor.

I am sorry if this news disappoints you.

Regards,

Oonagh"

so, we now have a smart meter that's about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and it does'nt indicate how much electricity we use, so it's useless!

Graham
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    chippychip wrote: »
    I joined up with Iresa, a couple of months ago, the switch over took 4 weeks, and they never gave me any updates on the progress of the swap. When the meter needed changing, Iresa supplied us with a new smart meter. But they never gave us a unit to take the readings, and they never activated it!!
    After numerous emails, we finally got told that Iresa do not support smart meters and they can't provide us with a unit to take readings! here's the email I received:

"I am sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Iresa do not support SMART meter functionality at the moment so although your meter may be a 'SMART' meter it will act like a traditional meter.

You can obtain reads directly from the meter but we are unable to 'turn on' any functionality or send you an energy monitor.

I am sorry if this news disappoints you.

Regards,

Oonagh"

so, we now have a smart meter that's about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and it does'nt indicate how much electricity we use, so it's useless!

Graham

Iresa do make it clear on their FAQ's and sign up page that they don't currently support smart meters but hope to do so in the future (when the DCC infrastructure goes live presumably).

Did you have a smart meter before? I.E. is it just a like-for-like swap?
    Does the meter have any 'property of x' marks on it?

With any supplier that doesn't support smart meters you need to take your own readings from the meter itself, not from the remote display (even if you have one). It's odd that a meter capable of smart functionality would be installed by them, but as they are a small company they don't have their own meter readers or fitters and will have engaged a third party.

Functionally it's no different than if they'd just fitted a basic digital meter.

It's your choice if you want to leave, but I have E.ON smart meters that just went dumb with my switch to Iresa, it's annoying that I have to go back to providing my own readings, but it wasn't worth paying an extra £15 a month for the functionality.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • goolip
    goolip Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]My fixed term with the group collaborative deal on British Gas is due to end this month. Rather than pay an extra £300+ per year the cheapest deal is with this new company but I can only see that they don't have the greatest feedback. Does anyone have any recent feedback on their experiences with them, I do worry that they are so new and if they go out of business, or if there are problems, they may be really difficult to fix.
    Many thanks

Lizzie[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family