PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• RavenQueen
    Options
    Haha Bonfire that's a bit like me, I quickly know where to stash everything, the kids playhouse comes in handy. I'm finding the people who just don't turn up the most disheartening and it makes me so angry that people can be so rude!!! I've actually even thought whether it's just the EA making it up, so it looks like their doing something!!

I had a look at the other property the other buyer viewed before he came to ours and that one is up for auction in a different part of the country at the end of September and it's 22k cheaper than ours. So I don't whether to think maybe he will put an offer in
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    RavenQueen wrote: »
    Haha Bonfire that's a bit like me, I quickly know where to stash everything, the kids playhouse comes in handy. I'm finding the people who just don't turn up the most disheartening and it makes me so angry that people can be so rude!!! I've actually even thought whether it's just the EA making it up, so it looks like their doing something!!

I had a look at the other property the other buyer viewed before he came to ours and that one is up for auction in a different part of the country at the end of September and it's 22k cheaper than ours. So I don't whether to think maybe he will put an offer in

Will keep everything crossed for you. The "no shows" are awful and very demoralising. I never stayed for the viewings so would stash the kids (2 & newborn) and the dog into the car and take them out for a walk. I remember walking around a local lake with them and it had started raining heavily. The EA called to say they hadn't shown - that was a really low point. Called my husband in work having a mini meltdown.

When our house sale fell through in May, we had 4 viewings booked for the afternoon. Even though we felt completely rubbish, we still turned up. I know the hardwork that goes into the viewings so didnt want to upset people by pulling out.
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    EA has just rung and the viewer from Sat has said the 2nd bedroom isn't big enough so it's a no :sad: oh well at least we got some feedback even if it's not what we wanted to hear.
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Will keep everything crossed for you. The "no shows" are awful and very demoralising. I never stayed for the viewings so would stash the kids (2 & newborn) and the dog into the car and take them out for a walk. I remember walking around a local lake with them and it had started raining heavily. The EA called to say they hadn't shown - that was a really low point. Called my husband in work having a mini meltdown.

When our house sale fell through in May, we had 4 viewings booked for the afternoon. Even though we felt completely rubbish, we still turned up. I know the hardwork that goes into the viewings so didnt want to upset people by pulling out.

I think it depends BB. I would MUCH rather be told a viewer is not coming, than have a viewer turn up that is no longer proceedable. Even if it's 5 mins before I'd still prefer it, no point in having someone look round your house if they aren't in a position to buy it. I check before accepting a viewer that they are proceedable.

People who just don't turn up or let EA know are just very selfish people. I've had my EA waiting for over 20 mins past appointment time trying to call the viewer, only to find out hours later they couldn't make it!!!
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Mickygg wrote: »
    I think it depends BB. I would MUCH rather be told a viewer is not coming, than have a viewer turn up that is no longer proceedable. Even if it's 5 mins before I'd still prefer it, no point in having someone look round your house if they aren't in a position to buy it. I check before accepting a viewer that they are proceedable.

People who just don't turn up or let EA know are just very selfish people. I've had my EA waiting for over 20 mins past appointment time trying to call the viewer, only to find out hours later they couldn't make it!!!

I agree. However, even though I wasn't proceedable on THAT day...we still viewed the houses. When our house sold again, we were in a good position to put an offer in straight away following a 2nd viewing. I know loads of EA's allow viewings even if they are not proccedable.

We offered below asking on a house (thank goodness they declined). They told us they would need at least x amount as they had already accepted an offer for someone who had not yet put their house on the market. Cracking!

I would rather someone come and take a look at the house even if they could not yet put an offer in...rather than spend 24 hours with 2 babies cleaning a house for no reason and walking around in the rain while this "viewing" takes place.
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    RavenQueen wrote: »
    EA has just rung and the viewer from Sat has said the 2nd bedroom isn't big enough so it's a no :sad: oh well at least we got some feedback even if it's not what we wanted to hear.

Sorry to hear that Raven.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Review the agent on the Internet. It will make you feel better.

Joe "Je ne sais quoi".
    ah that's the one thanks :D
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Thanks Bonfire, fingers crossed Wednesdays viewing will be better
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Fingers crossed for everyone. Xxx
  • lor42x
    lor42x Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    A day after losing the house we wanted we've also now lost our buyer as they've worked out they can afford something a bit more expensive! Hey ho, onwards & upwards. I thought people were exaggerating when they said house selling/buying was stressful, how wrong was I lol :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback