PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• chickenmama
    Options
    Hi all,

Please can I join the waiting game (lurked on the forum for a while but now committing myself! :j:j )

Our timeline so far is:
    Fri 26/08 - Visit from EA to take photos, measure up and discuss selling our property

Sat 27/08 - House on the market, made the mistake of going to view a house we saw on RM and we really like it - it does need some work but the price reflects that and the plot and the area are perfect for us. Seller was very frank (and lovely) and said she has had someone interested as a cash buyer but would rather sell to a couple she liked (I think as it was originally her family home). We have her number so at least we can keep in touch rather than going through the EA.

Wed 31/08 two viewers scheduled, only one turned up (grr) - also for sale board went up despite us requesting not to have one with the EA! Also mortgage porting AIP received for much more money than we need (thankfully!)

Got more viewings booked for Friday, Saturday and Monday (1 each day)

I suppose I can't complain as everything's moved so quick so far! :o
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    Welcome and good luck chickemama, fingers crossed for you.
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    Our EA called this morning and suggested that we reduce our list price to £200,000 "Guide price", in the hope of getting more interest, and generating more offers, and potentially offers over the guide price.

This is exactly the same logic they used when advising to put the house on at £210,000.

I don't want to change the price now and risk getting offers for £185,000/£190,000 that will just be a waste of time for all parties concerned.

So for the moment we are keeping it at £210,000 and waiting for things to pick up again.
    If nothing happens by the end of September we'll probably take it off the market.
  • fudge7000
    Options
    It's so frustrating isn't it? We've been back on the market for a week after our sale fell through, and no viewers yet, hopefully now august is over things will pick up a bit... We'll see!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    I'm still signed up for alerts on rightmove and it has been VERY quiet recently.

However, 7 new houses popped up yesterday so things are definitely picking up.
  • sheff6107
    Options
    Noticed there was a massive increase in everybody's page views on Zoopla 2/3 weeks ago but they've all started to decline again.

The market has really been dead since the referendum was announced in the spring and there was the rush of buy to let purchases. People seem to have sat on their hands before the referendum, then were spooked afterwards and then the summer holidays kicked in.

I'm hoping the cork in the bottle will be released this month and next and things will kick off.
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    I'm hoping the cork in the bottle will be released this month and next and things will kick off.

I'm so hoping this happens as well, however saying that we've had 18 viewings since mid July, and 4 low offers, of those 18 viewings I know of 3 of them that have bought other places around us.
  • chickenmama
    Options
    Gonzo, I don't know which area of the country you are in but in my experience folk seem to see the asking price and presume that that is the higher ceiling and will always try and offer under (could just be my experience!) so I would be reluctant to reduce further if I were you.

Fingers crossed for everyone with viewings this weekend :). Am I the only one obsessed at checking my page views/statistics and hoping for more viewings? (Even though the introvert in me really hates showing people round, its a necessary evil!)
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    My EA isn't on Zoopla so I can't check that stat, and now I'm frustrated that we're not on there.

We're in North Bristol, close to Cribbs Causeway and the M4/M5 interchange, our town has seen prices rise this year by about 30-35% based on houses that sold last year compared to list prices this year.
    I think this is down to a new housing development locally, and a lot of re-development of business parks locally, a lot of big firms have offices very close by so it's an ideal commuter location.

We've confirmed with our EA that we are going to stick with the same value for September, but they are well aware of what type of offer we are likely to accept. We could accept a 96% offer, but nothing lower.
  • chickenmama
    Options
    our town has seen prices rise this year by about 30-35% .

:eek: that price jump seems absolutely bonkers! Fingers crossed you get your offer soon.

Re: Zoopla stats - I am not sure how to check that, I am with an online estate agent so I have an account page on their website where I can check page views, brochure downloads etc - although its only how many times its been clicked on on the EAs actual site and not rightmove (which apparently I can request from them).

So far since Saturday we have had 32 viewings of the EA page, 4 brochure downloads and 4 local area page views (and then the 5 viewings)

Off to see what Zoopla can tell me (if anything!) :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback