PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    lor42x wrote: »
    A day after losing the house we wanted we've also now lost our buyer as they've worked out they can afford something a bit more expensive! Hey ho, onwards & upwards. I thought people were exaggerating when they said house selling/buying was stressful, how wrong was I lol :)

So frustrating.

It's up there in the "major stress" league with divorce and death. Good Luck for your viewing tomorrow Raven.

Hope someone else comes along soon Lor. :)
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Thank you Bonfire at this rate I'll be going through one or the other before the house sells and if it's the one I don't think I'll particularly care anyway, lol!

Fingers crossed you'll get another buyer soon Lor[/B]
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Bad news Lor. So many flakey folk about.
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    Very sorry to hear that Lor, I can completely sympathise on the stress of putting your house on the market.
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options
    Having a frustrating time myself.

We had 6 viewings booked between Thursday and Saturday last week, we've had good feedback from the EA about the viewings, the first one put an offer in for £190,000 which the EA refused on our behalf, but since then we've heard nothing apart from one of the potential buyers had an offer accepted on another property in our road for exactly the amount we would accept.

The wife is getting so de-motivated by it all, and we discussed taking it off the market and doing the Kitchen and Roof again (probably the 3rd time we've had that conversation).

Now I'm considering dropping the price to get a sale. We've had a great AiP sorted by our IFA, managing to get an extra £15,000 due to a good potential LTV, so there is no desperation to sell at £210,000. I am not keen to apply for the full amount in the AiP as I am planning to overpay based on what those repayments would be.
    However I don't want to invite even lower offers than we've already had.

We've had offers of £190000, £198000 raised to £203000, and £200000 raised to £205000 (they withdrew their offer a week after us accepting it). so I know that during the "quiet" months we've could get somewhere close to the value we want.

I'm considering dropping the asing price from £210000 to either offers in the region of £205000, or offers in excess of £202500.
    At this point in time I would consider an offer of £202500 but any lower wouldn't make it worthwhile to move for me.
    Has anyone had any experience in selling with OIRO or OIEO valuations.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I think it depends on the market. Some people report being put off by OIEO. I have sold that way before. The purchasers offered under the OIEO price, I asked the agent to explain to them what OIEO meant, they offered over and we made a deal.
    This was in a sellers market, though.
  • Dr_Gonzo_95
    Options

This was in a sellers market, though.

That's probably the key fact.
    I'm competing against at least 4 other properties within 1/4 mile of a similar spec to mine, all priced around £210,000

I've spoken with our EA this morning and explained our situation and to get their view on it as well.
    I don't want to seem desperate to sell, but I want to remain enticing to all those that are looking at the property.
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Had our viewing today, seemed to go ok but not well enough as it was a no :sad:. We haven't got any other viewings booked in now so it's just a waiting game again for someone else to come. Hope everyone else has had a more productive day xx
  • pself
    pself Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    RavenQueen, the viewings will come, I had a dry spell recently with them and was pulling my hair out.

I had calls from the EA yesterday and today and now have four viewings lined up, really hoping for at least one offer from these, please people.
  • RavenQueen
    Options
    Thing is this has been a little spurt of viewings for us, we went months without anything!!! Or we just had no shows, so I really don't know what to expect now. Hopefully yours will go better than mine xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback