PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At least you're getting lots of interest HT
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    At least you're getting lots of interest HT

Yes this is true. Looks like we are at the right price - annoying we haven't found another buyer yet. The house we offered on before our buyer pulled out is going to be gone soon (they accepted a lower offer 2 weeks ago) - The only one in the area we really wanted x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget you'll need to actually write to end the contract.

Yep all done by email they emailed the date back that the contract expires
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fpotkin, please delete your post unless you have permission.

Forum rules:

TV companies, newspapers and researchers should not post on the Forum asking for case studies without permission.
    If you're a journalist looking for case studies, please follow the steps in the media enquiries section of the Site FAQs.
    If you spot a case study request posted by anyone other than an MSE Team member (see Who are the paid MSE Team?), please report it to [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    If you're a Forumite and want to post a survey on our Forum, eg a student looking for help with your studies you can post it, once only, on our Surveys board.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • GBR78
    GBR78 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We decided to put ourselves in for an Assisted Move scheme with a development that we were looking at, and valuations for quicker sales came through fairly favourable.

We went live on Friday and have, so far, had 3 viewings, with another in the diary for the end of the week too. We had a non-proceedable offer from a couple this morning (they are on the market but haven't sold yet, so are keeping fingers crossed that they manage to get something soon), which is close to asking price but not quite close enough. They have indicated that they are willing to go up, but obviously we're not looking to discuss this just yet.

We will see how the time goes now....
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another buyer now found so the selling merry go round can start again. There's a chain this time but their place is being purchased by first time buyers.
    They're doing a second viewing in just over a week so the pessimist in me says that's when our "buyer" they'll change their mind. :mad:
  • BrandNewStart
    Options
    Can I join in?

My buyer pulled out the other week. We were quite far along too. Now not sure whether to keep paying a rent and a mortgage or to put the flat back on to rent to at least balance the books. That won't move the sale forward though will it? I am also concerned about the leasehold running down so need to sell it ASAP.

Argh. It's stressful!
    Debt paid off: £19,999 Debt remaining: NONE!!:money::eek::):j:j:j:j:j:j
  • BrandNewStart
    Options
    Trouble is I am running out of savings and I need to get the place a bit smartened up, cleaned etc... best solution is to go over there myself and do but work is making it difficult. Anyone use cleaners / painters & decorators to help them out? Or is it too expensive?
    Debt paid off: £19,999 Debt remaining: NONE!!:money::eek::):j:j:j:j:j:j
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So ive been away a week, the EA showed 3 people round whilst i was away - 2 didnt like it as too much to do workwise to it apparently and the other liked it but wanted to view others.

Good news is the house we had our offer accepted on before our buyer pulled out a month ago is back on market as there buyer pulled out - so happy! We are still in with a chance of getting it again. Just need a buyer now. The kids go back to school in a week so itll be much easier to keep the house tidy.
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    westv wrote: »
    Another buyer now found so the selling merry go round can start again. There's a chain this time but their place is being purchased by first time buyers.
    They're doing a second viewing in just over a week so the pessimist in me says that's when our "buyer" they'll change their mind. :mad:
    Just to add that they originally viewed the property just before their place went on sale and decided to put an offer forward anywaý for " budgetting reasons". Once their place sold their offer was accepted and they booked the second viewing the same day (for this Saturday). If this had been the first "sale" I'd have assumed they just wanted to measure up/see what they might change (it's currently empty) but it's glass half empty for me at the moment until proven otherwise.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure