PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• chrissie83
    Options
    Hi, not been in here for a while. We are still on the market. Had a viewing on Saturday morning ( with 45 mins notice!!!) not easy with 3 kids but he said he liked it, he spent half an hour wandering round the area & Tuesday night hubby saw him driving past ( looking at the house) as he put the bins out but we've heard nothing about a second viewing or anything 🤷!♀️
    School is back on Tuesday so will be easier to keep on top of the house etc

Hope you're all having better luck than us

Oh meant to say- we have re painted the front room & decorated the kitchen & knocked 2k off the price so not sure what else we can do to sell it now
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    chrissie83 wrote: »
    Hi, not been in here for a while. We are still on the market. Had a viewing on Saturday morning ( with 45 mins notice!!!) not easy with 3 kids but he said he liked it, he spent half an hour wandering round the area & Tuesday night hubby saw him driving past ( looking at the house) as he put the bins out but we've heard nothing about a second viewing or anything 🤷!♀️
    School is back on Tuesday so will be easier to keep on top of the house etc

Hope you're all having better luck than us

Oh meant to say- we have re painted the front room & decorated the kitchen & knocked 2k off the price so not sure what else we can do to sell it now

Knock more off the price?
  • spendinglikemad
    Options
    Still on the market here but with some interest/viewings since we dropped the price. We had one offer but it was another 10% lower than the new price and they wouldn't/couldnt come up (they got full asking on theirs!) so onto next viewers later today!
    SLM
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    According to The Metro there are actually some very keen buyers about...

https://www.metro.news/i-cant-wait-to-pay-my-own-mortgage/734919/
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a nightmare isn't it? Trying to keep a house spotless with two full-time working adults, two kids and a dog undoing all my efforts is so hard. We sold on the first viewing back in July, but it fell through when their lender's surveyor under-valued it by about 8% and they refused to try another lender. It's ridiculous as he valued it at the price we paid for it 10 years ago, despite it having a new kitchen and bathroom recently and two identical houses next door sold within a week for what ours is listed at as demand is high in this area (and those properties didn't have new kitchens and bathrooms). Sigh.
    Things are not happening as quickly this time round sadly. Second viewing this evening, fingers crossed we get a buyer soon as I don't want to lose the house we want, it's our only reason for wanting to move :(
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • chazzab
    chazzab Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All! Joining the selling club and awaiting a buyer.
    We werent planning on moving this fast but our flat has risen in value quicker than we expected (assuming someone actually wants to buy it!) so we thought lets get the ball rolling.

Flat has been on the market for a couple days with 2 viewings scheduled already which seems like a good sign but already stressing about the outcomes of them.

And of course we already started having a sneak peek at properties for us and guess what, found one we loved. The seller won't entertain an offer until we are proceed-able so now waiting for a positive outcome from our viewings so we don't miss out on it!

Let the house buying stress commence.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 September 2017 at 9:25AM
    Options
    I am looking for a house, just started. I have decided to be a cash buyer because I am older and can get the funds together, I cannot bear the thought of the completion/move on the same day, far too stressful. So I will buy first and then sell and in the meantime will get any necessary work done, while the new house is empty.

My house is already looking good, maintenance is up to date, so its a good time for me to sell. Buying is a different ball game, just a couple of potentially suitable properties, badly described and far and away too expensive, sellers greed. I can wait, bide my time and then when I sell, my price will be realistic according to the market trend, which is down
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Our open day for our house sale was today; it went on the market about 10 days ago. 10 viewings - hopefully we'll get a couple of offers. Our offer on the new place has been accepted; haven't heard that the guy has found anything to move to yet, but once we accept an offer on ours, we can get an update from his estate agent.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • chrissie83
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    We had a viewing on Thursday ( with just 20 mins notice! ) ��She had seen ours & another & preferred ours but is seeing another this week. Let's hope she prefers mine ��
    We have another viewing tonight at 5.30 a FTB so I've been cleaning all day.

Anyone having problems with very short notice viewings? We've had a few like last week with only 20 mins notice. I know I can say no but they keep saying if I'm in just let them come. I've told them to warn short notice viewers that it's a family home with 3 children & 2 cats & its clean but not always the tidiest at short notice but the EA says it's better than no viewing & seeing the house with children playing etc is no bad thing but it's so stressful!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback