PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• kates08
    Options
    I'm feeling so frustrated today! We've been on 6 weeks, had a steady amount of viewings but no offers (one couple wanted to offer but didn't have their flat on the market yet so we said we couldn't take ours off the market until they have sold).

Had a viewing on on Thursday, within an hour of the viewing they had rung to book a second viewing for Saturday. EA rang about an hour after the second viewing to say that they really loved it and were expecting them to put in an offer.

I'm sitting here at work today staring at my phone and wondering at what point I can phone the EA to see if they've rung them for feedback yet!
  • Akahotpot
    Options
    So had 4 views in 8 weeks no offers so today have decided to take the house off the market and find a reliable damp proof/plasterer to look at the dining room which has signs of damp
    Also going to pull up the carpets in there and the living room
    Lastly need to decide the most cost effective way of sprucing the kitchen
    So much for all the EA advice about leaving it and dropping the price
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We are still on th market after our sale fell through back in July/August. Had 10 viewings easy since, a few second viewings, no offers.

Yesterday we had a viewer - FTB, they rang to book a second viewing which is tomorrow night - got my fingers crossed x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing going on here. At all. We've been back on the market 10 days and had 2 viewings; one had a house to sell that wasn't even on the market yet. They said it was too small for them. The second was a FTB, who also said it was too small. Nothing else booked in. To have sold it within 2 days the first time round only 5 weeks ago to not getting a sniff of interest this time round is so frustrating, especially when buying the house we want now hangs in the balance. Was hoping we'd have some more viewings booked in by now, but nothing. :(
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • kiely27
    Options
    Wow kates08 I could have written your post. We have also been on for 6 weeks, 14 viewings, 2 2nd viewings - one of which wanted to put in an offer but hasn't put theirs on the market yet. EA told them to come back once theirs has sold. I hate waiting!!
  • kates08
    Options
    The lady that had the 2nd viewing on Saturday and gave the impression to our EA that she was going to put an offer in has...booked a 3rd viewing!

So frustrating. If you don't know after 2 viewings then I don't think a 3rd will help! Obviously we've said yes to her coming back, but there is a little niggle in my mind saying she might just be a timewaster.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    wrong Kate, buying a house is a very big deal for most people. The fact that she has booked a thrird viewing is a good omen and she may well bring a friend with her. I don`t intend to buy on two viewings, I will do three and will mentally nit pick on the last one.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    kates08 wrote: »
    The lady that had the 2nd viewing on Saturday and gave the impression to our EA that she was going to put an offer in has...booked a 3rd viewing!

So frustrating. If you don't know after 2 viewings then I don't think a 3rd will help! Obviously we've said yes to her coming back, but there is a little niggle in my mind saying she might just be a timewaster.

So someone who may pay (or borrow) a sizeable chunk of change to buy your property from you is a "timewaster"? Did you expect the first person over the door just to buy it after a quick glance round?
  • kates08
    Options
    So someone who may pay (or borrow) a sizeable chunk of change to buy your property from you is a "timewaster"? Did you expect the first person over the door just to buy it after a quick glance round?

No, I didn't mean it like that. They have rearranged both their viewings a couple of times and I just have a feeling that they don't have any genuine intention/ability to make an offer. I may be completely wrong. Your comment about the first person to walk through the door buying it after a quick glance round is ridiculous, obviously I've stated that I've been on for weeks and had lots of viewings.

I'm surprised you're even taking part in this thread Crashy, considering your disdain for anyone who is interested in buying and selling properties, and you certainly aren't waiting for a buyer considering all your other posts.
  • kates08
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    wrong Kate, buying a house is a very big deal for most people. The fact that she has booked a thrird viewing is a good omen and she may well bring a friend with her. I don`t intend to buy on two viewings, I will do three and will mentally nit pick on the last one.

Its a very big deal for me too, but I've never been to see a house three times! I must be the odd one out here, but I have always used the first viewing to get a feel for a property and then a second viewing to look in detail. I've never even considered asking for a third viewing of anywhere.

My timewaster comment was more based on them rearranging viewings several time (which I didn't explain), and the fact that they told our EA that they were going to make an offer on both viewings but still haven't. It's just a feeling that I have telling me that they aren't going to make an offer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure