PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    kate, what ifs are a useless waste of time, as well as making needless stress for yourself and those around you. Try and relax, what will be will be
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    kates08 wrote: »
    No, I didn't mean it like that. They have rearranged both their viewings a couple of times and I just have a feeling that they don't have any genuine intention/ability to make an offer. I may be completely wrong. Your comment about the first person to walk through the door buying it after a quick glance round is ridiculous, obviously I've stated that I've been on for weeks and had lots of viewings.

I'm surprised you're even taking part in this thread Crashy, considering your disdain for anyone who is interested in buying and selling properties, and you certainly aren't waiting for a buyer considering all your other posts.

Just be unavailable the next time they want to view then?
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Back on the market 11 days after our buyer pulled out, and the seller of the house that had accepted our offer have said our 2-week grace period is nearly up so they are going to put the house back on the market. :(
    Our agent (who is the agent for both properties) has recommended reducing the price of ours by £5k but stating 'offers over' to generate some more interest from automated alerts and drive some viewings, then we can negotiate any offers up towards the asking price.
    No idea how successful that will be, but feel we have no choice if we don't want to lose the property we want. Gah.
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today's 2nd viewing for the couple that viewed on Sunday went really well, she hinted they were going to make an offer so I really hope they do xx

Natbag - that sucks :( similar happened to us 7 weeks ago, still trying to sell :(
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Natbag
    Options
    Yep. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst at the moment. :(
    Good luck with your 2nd viewing couple happytails, hope they make you a good offer!
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
  • Natbag
    Options
    Our ex-buyers have reminded our EA that their offer of £10k under asking price still stands (as that's what their idiot surveyor valued it at and will only lend to them based on that sale price). The seller of the house we are meant to be buying will only budge by £2k, so basically we are expected to go find an extra £8k to secure the sales. Sigh.
    We reduced our price by £5k yesterday but stated 'offers over'. Considering other properties on our street have sold so fast for full asking price I'm tempted to hold out and see if we get any more interest first. The house we wanted took a lot longer to sell than ours did, so even if they put it back on the market we could still get it if we get an acceptable offer and buyer first, although I'm nervous as it sounds like they are willing to take less for it now and they did have other previous offers of that amount. There are no other houses on the market currently that suit our criteria, but one may come up. I really don't know what to do. Sigh.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    a bird in the hand natbag
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Better than a tyre-kicker wandering about in the living room.....
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Natbag. I don't know you or your circumstances but reading your dilemma I am inclined to agree with Kittie......a bird in the hand and all that.

Sounds like the people who offered on your house are serious. Do you know why the surveyors valued it as they did. Have your would be buyers or the EA discussed the surveyors report with you.

You could accept a higher offer and then find that another surveyor gives a similar valuation.

Everyone says that a house is worth what people are prepared to pay. Which is true. But when there is a mortgage involved then realistically it's only worth what the banks are prepared to lend....... plus whatever the purchaser can or will chip in.

It will all depend on your local market, but Realistqcally in a slow market then, provided that your prospective buyer is in a position to proceed i.e. No dependent sale, then I would be inclined to accept so that you can move forward and buy the house you have set your heart on.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Kate......a third viewing is not unreasonable.

I am an ex estate agent with over 30 years experience. I would be far more concerned with a viewer who made an offer after only one viewing........

Those are the ones who usually pull out. :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure