We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WW, try to keep reminding yourself that nothing bad is going to happen if you don't pass - you can retake it another time - and that it has no bearing whatsoever on your overall worth (which is a lot) so there's nothing to worry about.
    Also, if you're likely to be upset/annoyed with yourself if you don't attempt it then that's going to be worse than possibly not passing the assessment and you'll probably have to do it at some point anyway so you might as well go and get it over with.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

WW extra hugs for you.

I have been running around after people today. Took husband to library and food shopping this morning came home for a couple of hrs then off to my mums to take her to the opticians. Was bored out of my mind then had to hang around for a couple of hrs until I could pick up AM. As I had his car.

Asked husband on facebook how was feeling about his op tomorrow. And of course he is worried. And unintentionally I feel very guilty now. As I am dropping him off then settling him down on the ward and leaving. I said to him "I feel really guilty that I can't stay and bring you home afterwards" he said " I know" with a sad face. He has a friend who is going to collect him.

When he told me the date I told him it was moving long weekend. And I would not be able to be around. To collect or stay with him. I have told him if feels uncomfortable at his friends to let me know and I will pick him up and stay with him. As he can't be left alone for 24 hours after the anesthetic.

I think being so tired. it has made me so upset and guilty I want to cry now. AM's is asking me what is wrong. And I don't want to tell him.

I think I might have a shower and go to bed and sleep.

Everyone else take care. I can feel my bed calling me even now.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    calley,

you should tell AM.

I didn't go.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,108 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree you should tell AM, whats the saying, "a problem shared is a problem halved", AM knows you're friends with husband, i'm sure he'd understand your concern. He might even be able to offer a solution or help ease your worries.

WW sorry about how you've felt today, you can do the asessment at a later date so try not to worry abut that part. You;ve at least recognised you were slef sbaotaging, hats good insight, heck half the time i do it i don;t realise what i've done till its too late. Your mind is probably in overdrive right now so may be best to try and do something that helps you feel calmer and more relaxed?

*hugs and squishes*

I was having an ok day till a guy decided that unlike the rest of the population he didn't have to queue. I polietly tri9ied to explain that i'd happilt serve hi once he joined the queue but that there were people who'd waited their turn to be served and it wouldn't be fair to let him skip the queue. Bad move. He then proceeded to shout at me for a good 5 mins. :( i hate confrontastion and im embrassed to say i was shaking by the end of it. Manager told me not to worry and that i'd done the right thing but i still think he's going to complain. :(
  • System
    Options
    Negativity aside, i became an hounorary aunty again today! My best friends had their little girl this morning :j :j :D:D hopefully going to see them once they've settled in back home, told them if they need me to do owt, even washing up or anything i will do. They got their hands full with a new born and nearly 2 year old!
  • System
    Options
    One more thing

Its mine and Swain's 2 year anniversary today! :D i don;t know how he;s put up with me for 2 years, but i love him for it <3 So i had a bad day but in hindsight there were good bits too.
  • whitewing
    Options
    Two years and he is still a sweetheart. That has flown by MU.

Congratulations to you both.

Congratulations too on auntydom.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • System
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    Two years and he is still a sweetheart. That has flown by MU.

Congratulations to you both.

Congratulations too on auntydom.
    hehe

I rmemeber our first meeting. We;d gone to McDonalds (ever the romantic :rotfl: ) and i;d got the food on the tray and when i turned around i couldn;t find him :eek: i honestly thought he'd done a runner! Started feeling mildly panicked only for him to tap me on the shoulder and say he'd been behind me the whole time. :o It got to later and he was in the queue for the bus and i don;t now what cam over me but it felt the right time to give him a cheeky kiss :o I knew at that point he was the one..... :) it just felt...so right. You know when things just feel right? It felt like that.
  • whitewing
    Options
    Awww, that's so sweet...
  • whitewing
    Options
    In this article one of the graphics is in a pink box. That sums up yesterday for me.

Article is sympathetic but may be a PENGUIN for those in a bad place but it could also be a comfort of knowing that someone knows exactly how you feel

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/depression-anxiety-what-is-it-like-mental-health-illness-a7602366.html
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure