Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And I just ate a massive chocolate orange muffin. FML.
    I didn't even know that was a thing, but I really want one now! :o

Way too much email here again today. *hides*
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 March 2017 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Hallucinations and delusions are a part of certain dementias.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,907 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slow cooker adventures part 3.

The beef in red wine I have been looking forward to all day is in fact vegetables in red wine. The beef appears to still be sitting in the fridge.

On a positive note, at least it's cheered parent up about their senior moments.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh dear Elsien, still, never mind, if you've got some more red wine you can do it again tomorrow. With beef this time!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    edited 8 March 2017 at 12:11AM
    Options
    So now you have a veggie casserole elsien! You're not having much luck with the slow cooker.

I've had to unfollow one of my best friends on fb because aside from trying to peddle her makeup pyramid scheme, all she posts about is her diet and every single bit of exercise she does and how much weight she's lost and even though I'm proud of her for the effort she's putting in, if a little concerned that she's going overboard, it's triggering me. I feel rubbish about it.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Helo all sending hugs and squishes and warm handshakes

Have a situation i need to bend your ears over. Supervusir appriached me tofay because on of the girls i work with is having some possible depression/anxiety issues. He told me because he wants me to try and talk to her. I'm more than happy to do so as i've been there and got the t-shirt many times over but as stupid as it sounds i don;t know how to approach her and ask if she's ok? I want her to know i'm there if she needs to talk but i don't want to be intrusive or her get annoyed at my supervisor for involving me. Any suggesttions on how to start the conversation? I hate the thought of anyone going through !!!! alone and want to help, i just don;t know where to start?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,907 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it a friend in real life though code? Because if it is, fb doesn't matter - people just use it to show a version of their lives that's polished for show. Don't feel bad if you need to protect yourself.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    edited 8 March 2017 at 12:41AM
    Options
    Helo all sending hugs and squishes and warm handshakes

Have a situation i need to bend your ears over. Supervusir appriached me tofay because on of the girls i work with is having some possible depression/anxiety issues. He told me because he wants me to try and talk to her. I'm more than happy to do so as i've been there and got the t-shirt many times over but as stupid as it sounds i don;t know how to approach her and ask if she's ok? I want her to know i'm there if she needs to talk but i don't want to be intrusive or her get annoyed at my supervisor for involving me. Any suggesttions on how to start the conversation? I hate the thought of anyone going through !!!! alone and want to help, i just don;t know where to start?

Maybe you could start by mentioning your depression and how it made you feel in general conversation, without mentioning hers or that the supervisor asked you to speak to her? If she feels that you will understand and have common experiences, she may be more inclined to open up. I feel like if someone told me they were worried about me, or that a supervisor asked them to speak to me, I'd put my guard up, and say I was fine, but if they were to tell me about their experiences, I'd be more likely to share based on having a mutual discussion. Does that make any sense?
    elsien wrote: »
    Is it a friend in real life though code? Because if it is, fb doesn't matter - people just use it to show a version of their lives that's polished for show. Don't feel bad if you need to protect yourself.
    It's a friend in real life - we've been friends for years but only manage to see each other a couple of times a year, because, life. I get that it's like a shop window and I'm pretty sure there's a whole load of underlying stuff going on, but it's just making me feel... I don't even know how to describe it. Anxious, on edge, like a failure, angry, sad, fed up? I don't know. Whatever. Wee ED penguin (as in small, not pee). May be triggery. It makes me want to eat a whole loaf of dry bread (I don't even like bread that much) and then throw it back up immediately and I'm trying very hard to not do that again, ever. end penguin.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Maybe you could start by mentioning your depression and how it made you feel in general conversation, without mentioning hers or that the supervisor asked you to speak to her? If she feels that you will understand and have common experiences, she may be more inclined to open up. I feel like if someone told me they were worried about me, or that a supervisor asked them to speak to me, I'd put my guard up, and say I was fine, but if they were to tell me about their experiences, I'd be more likely to share based on having a mutual discussion. Does that make any sense?

That makes perfect sense and is exactly what I would've said too.

Also, don't worry about unfollowing people on Facebook. Even though I know that it's not real life there are certain things that can make you feel pretty rubbish and sometimes you just need not to have to see them. One of the best descriptions I heard of how Facebook can bring you down is that the stuff people put on there is their show reel and you end up comparing that with your own out-takes.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon my lovelies,

Hugs and handshakes and squishes all round. hope WaS and Pyxis you are doing ok.

Code you need to protect yourself so makes sense. For some FB is their life. I joined mainly to enter competitions. But have got back in contact with some people I use to work with. Another I use to chat to a long time ago on line. I also can chat to AM's dad and get messages passed on to his mum.

I went to the Dr's and not much help really. My blood test came back ok. Was suggested that I take vit d and iron for a couple of months and if no better come back.

I am just so tired. Some days I have more energy than others. its now really getting me down. I can't seem to get on top of anything as I have no energy to do it. And yesterday it was compounded by a bad back. So could hardly walk. All I managed to get done was 3 loads of washing, one dog walk and one walk to the shop to get some thing to eat.

I am totally skint, paying all the bills at the moment. Complicated as AM is still paying bills for his old place at the moment. And need to go back to work. Have no car so feeling very down at the moment.

Put a load of washing in the machine hrs ago. Its finished but sat in the machine. Washing up to be done as well.

I am such a whiner :rotfl:

Everyone take care.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport