Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had to re-wash mine this morning as I'd left it too long. So it is all hung up today and the kitchen was tidied before I left home. The living room is a tip though. (Not too bad really, but toys all over the place and some of my cards etc).

I almost seem to have a better routine when I am at work too as there is less time for faffing.

I tried to sell an item of furniture online and it hasn't gone. I am wondering whether to list it from my work address but that is not so many miles different so surely that wouldn't have stopped someone who wanted it?
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    Options
    I've just received an email from my builder after he sent it yesterday.

The perils of having more than one SIM card and spotty access to wifi.

The kitchen was originally thought to be ok. However, it turns out that not only does it not have a damp proof membrane, the door frame is rotten, the door is going to have to be replaced and there's still lead pipe leading from the water main.

Instead of just levelling the floor, plastering the walls and fitting a kitchen, it's a case of knock it right back and start all over again. And it will cost looooads extra on top of everything else.

I'm meeting the builder tomorrow to discuss this and the bathroom. That'll be fun.

Meanwhile, I'm limping off to the library to try my hand at Maths again.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    GN, ouch just what you did not need.

Well I managed to put the washing out on the line yes its not great out but better than nothing and did a little bit of washing up.

Showered and washed my hair. 1st time I have showered in a two days. Yes I know gross. Even worse as I am sharing a bed with someone else.

Eating/Weight penguin

I need to loose weight as other wise I can't fit in to my summer dresses.

So need to get my eating under control. And not keep eating everything in sight!!!! AM's is loosing at the moment. But then compared to what he was eating before its a lot less.

Penguin end

And I think its TOTM is about to start as well. Yay!!!!!!!

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    Options
    Weight PENGUIN. Sorry.Since the 'downtime' caused by my foot 'thing', I have completely lost my weightloss mojo. I haven't been to the gym since September and I've plateau'd and then started to gain weight again.

I'm still a size 14-16 but still qualify as overweight.

Once this leg 'thing' has eased off, I need to get organised and start up going again.

With Lent, I'll see if I can start eating less.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know I don't post here often and I know I post and run

But it helps me some

Gets me through so to speak

Right now this very minute I'm fighting the urge to get the razor blade

I've no idea why I'm he at this point. And I'm praying it's only going to be a couple of days. I'm drinking. It kinds of eases it and at the same time highlights it if anyone can even understand that

Sorry, I don't want to panic anyone, forgive me if I have. I'm just wound as tight as tight can be and I want to explode so it all goes. Only I won't and in a day or two ill be back coping

Just tonight I need to say , I'm struggling
  • Solarjunkie
    Solarjunkie Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, you reached for the keyboard instead, well done. Sounds like you have been through this before and you can do it again. It's International Womens Day, take strength from all the female positiveness floating around at the moment. Glad this thread helps a bit.
    Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Post and run is ok suki, whatever works for you.
    Just wanted to let you know you've been heard. Hang on in there.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Maybe you could start by mentioning your depression and how it made you feel in general conversation, without mentioning hers or that the supervisor asked you to speak to her? If she feels that you will understand and have common experiences, she may be more inclined to open up. I feel like if someone told me they were worried about me, or that a supervisor asked them to speak to me, I'd put my guard up, and say I was fine, but if they were to tell me about their experiences, I'd be more likely to share based on having a mutual discussion. Does that make any sense?

That makes a lot of sense actually and seems a muhc better way of approaching it. I found uni hard and struggled with it so maybe if i talk about my expereiences she might open up about hers, the balls in her court but at least she'll know she can talk to me :)
    and that way its on her terms.

You still here Suki (your lights green)? You did the right thing by posting :)
    I'm sorry its bad right now, can relate to the urges and also the drinking, in my experience they never went too well together :o The alcohol dulled the pain so to speak but it made resisiting urges harder as i had less inhabition if that makes sense? Best way i have to cope with it is to try and do something, anything to distract myself, and if it gets really bad i sometimes use ice cubes as it kind of simulates the sensation but is less harmful (though you have to be careful doing that) or flick an elastic band.

Thinking of you and sending hugs
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    Options
    Could you draw on your arm instead of using the razor blade?

(eg the butterfly Project).

I saw a newspaper article a while ago but can't remember if I linked it in.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    Could you draw on your arm instead of using the razor blade?

(eg the butterfly Project).

I saw a newspaper article a while ago but can't remember if I linked it in.
    Thats a good idea

Its what i used to to and what inspired me to get my butterfly tattoos (as a more permenent version) :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback