We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hang in there Dandy and well done for being proactive and looking up other counsellors just in case. I do know what you mean about starting again with someone new. I have seen so many mental health workers and they always want you to talk about everything from scratch. It can be very stressful.

The hospital social work department just called me. The consultants have talked to them about how far away I am from the hospital. They are going to see if they can get an ambulance minibus to pick me up a couple of times a week. Usually it is for people with appointments only living in rural areas but they think they might be able to make an exception.

They asked if there is anything else I need? I don't think there is really, I can order food and make it to my doctors and pharmacist so I don't think I require anything. Do let me know if you can think of any other support I might need please.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's very promising news about the ambulance minibus WaS. Lets hope they can manage to set the arrangement up. It will certainly make you much happier and less isolated.

I'll need to think about anything else you may need. One thing that could be useful is knowing of a quiet space either in the hospital or in the grounds that can be a little retreat if you get anxious or just need a bit of quiet time . Every hospital we've been in can offer that breathing space.
    I don't know if it's too big a challenge but you will be allowed to use the staff restaurant. Prices are less than other cafes etc in the building.

Things to take with you are any meds you will need during your visits . Bottled water or other drinks to stay hydrated . Much cheaper than buying it in the hospital .

A pen and pad in case you want to jot anything down is useful if you're being given information .

Food if you can't cope with the staff restaurant . I'm assuming as well as picking you up they will also return you home.

They really are going the extra mile no pun intended .

I'll be back later ,need to eat . So do you if you haven't so far.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    WaS,

Thats good about the transport will save money and mean you can go and see WaSP more often.

At this end no surgery tomorrow. Seems they might do it over the weekend!!!!

AM is in good spirits and saying it is what it is. He showered today and I had to tape a bin liner to his arm :rotfl:

Ono, glad to hear it went ok. Not nice but now its over and done with.

Hugs and squishes and hand shakes all around.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Aw, good for AM being positive Calley!

When WaSp was admitted the form he had to fill in asked if he was carer, Polly. When he ticked yes it then asked for the details of the person he cares for. The hospital looks out for partners too if they have care needs, it is all very supportive.

Ah yes, food. I suppose I should eat something!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on here much, WaS. But I'be not been good.

Am thinking of you though.

Ono, glad you survived the procedure. Fingers crossed for the results.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear WASP in in hospital WaS BUT hes in the right place, they are looking after him and you have done amazingly to cope with this all (((hugs)))
    I've had quite a few ready meals from iceland if you have one of those if you're still needing something quick and easy to eat?
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I spent ages earlier writing a very long reply to a post by dandy this afternoon . All attempts to recover it from the mse ether have failed. In the end I had to remove the tick from the post I was quoting to post at all.
    I'm out tomorrow but will catch up. Hope things improve Pyxis, It's good to hear from you MU I hope things are ok with you.

Hoping for a restful night for you WaS.
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A
    Ah yes, food. I suppose I should eat something!

WaS,

Please do. Even if you don't feel like it. You need to keep your strength up. So that means rest, eating and fluids. its so easy to let it slip when you are stressed.

Yes AM is being really good about it all. I have made him do stuff like put his own socks on etc. As we have weeks of him being one handed. I have threatened him with boot camp at my ex's. because if he can do it anyone can :rotfl:

Everyone get some rest.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2019 at 8:08AM
    Options
    WaS - I’m so happy that they are working on transport for you, that must be such a relief for you financially :j I can’t think of anything useful for you to ask the social worker right now, it’s good that they are there though if you need them.

Polly - Sorry your post got eaten, thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Finally got a message from my therapist at nearly 11pm! She will see me on Wednesday which should be fine as I will have DH with me for the long weekend and he keeps me distracted. I really thought I would stay up in bed this evening but he got me to watch that Eddie th Eagle film on tv which was light viewing and I got a bit of knitting done too so that was good.

Hugs to all and a big one to Pyxis x
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ono, I'm glad all went okay.

WaS, that's fabulous news about the transport and I hope WaSp's improving.

Calley, best wishes to AM for a speedy recovery.

Pyxis, I hope things get better soon

Dandy, try to enjoy the long weekend and I hope all goes well with the therapist.

Sorry if there's anyone I've missed, massive hugs to all xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport