Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    He is having dialysis everyday for the next 8 days JM as well as plasma exchanges for 8 days. That's a good idea, I will see if they will speak to the carer for me.

This ITU have been brilliant Melly, they call me at the slightest change and I even have a password so that they know they are talking to me. Thanks for preparing me, so far I have heard from WaSp that the oxygen is really arsenic, he was in an army camp and not a hospital and I was apparently in India! I am pretty much expecting anything on Saturday, at least he is asking for me so hopefully I am not currently part of the plot to poison him!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 April 2019 at 12:08AM
    Options
    WaS Another late post after another long day. I'm really glad you will be seeing WaSp on Saturday. Re the carer it's likely if not go for a coffee she would be willing to sit outside the room for a while.
    If the psychosis is bad it's she may need to be in the room under duty of care. Let's hope you can get time alone with him.

Good news on the money saving taxi fare . If you are worried about Saturday keeping thinking of everything you've faced and overcome since WaSp was admitted . Social phobia is tough but you are there to see him and after such a long journey I can't see you will need to engage much in chat if the care does need to be present.

I keep thinking back to the fact you were quite disappointed when the house inspection man left,no hiding in rooms waiting for it to be over.You've come a long way in a very short time. Hang on to that thought.

Did you manage to get the painkillers Calley? Are they prescription ones? We were in the nearby town today and pretty well every shop is open every day except Sunday including our Boots pharmacy. On Sunday a number of pharmacies are open for fewer hours than normal . Our local free newspaper always has the back page detailing which ones are open over BH periods and the info is also available online .

For anyone on controlled meds, Zomorph etc and ones that can't be missed Methetraxate etc, a number of pharmacies have a care back up. We became aware of that after a couple of months they didn't have the full amount or sometimes any of dds meds. Sometimes it would be a wait until they could get some in which meant travelling back into town . With between 15-17 monthly meds it was a nightmare.
    I complained to the head pharmacist , they made a phone call and from upstairs a lovely lady appeared asked if we could a seat and came with all the missing meds . They have section to ensure the local care homes have their supplies and can use it for certain others . We've needed it a few times and our GP has also built in a buffer so there is a space when the next 4 weeks prescription is done to cover any shortages.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and restful night . I'm really pleased the US scan went well ono and hope all will be well.

I'm trying to figure out why my laptop spacer bar has been playing up . I keep having to backspace and really press hard and retype as all the words are running together .
    This post has taken so long to type and retype it will probably be a candidate for the mse ether!
    Goodnight all .
    pollyx

ETA I was so busy waffling and banging the spacer bar I forgot something . First I hope the Psoriasis rash has calmed down WaS and the Arthritis flare hasn't happened .
    I'm assuming you're on a DMARD with lowered immunity . Thinking of Saturday do you wear sunglasses on sunny or bright days? My daughter does to protect her eyes from damage , oversized ones so the sides are protected too . A positive effect is over the years she's been able to "hide" behind them and can sit in waiting rooms etc and people are unable to look in her eyes and start a random conversation when she's on trying to bring down her anxiety and not up to people randomly interrupted her focusing on try to stay calm .
    As well as the safety aspect it's a positive. If you feel less exposed by wearing them in various situations it helps . Bright light without sun is harmful without them so she wears them in taxies etc and has the choice whether to join in the chat or sit back .
    So another suggestion from me is sunglasses on Saturday.
    polly.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did you manage to get the painkillers Calley? Are they prescription ones?

Yes to both, but it took from 9am until nearly 6.30pm to get them as we ordered the prescription at 9am on the phone. Got told to get there after 5pm and it was still not signed and was told it was going to be at least another hour :eek:

Never had bad service from my dr's before yesterday.

AM only got given 3 days supply of co-codemol for the pain from the hospital. And still no idea when the surgery will be. We wait for the phone call each day at mid afternoon to say yay or nay.

Everyone stay safe its hot today. So do make sure you drink plenty of fluids and stay in the shade.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Good morning all!

I just called the hospital and WaSp is beginning to eat a little which is good. He might be moved out of ITU tomorrow and placed back on a different renal ward as long as they can control him. That's me panicking because I might not know how to get to the ward he's going to. It's a huge hospital with 1000 beds, I don't want to be stuck wandering around there in crowds of people plus I have booked and paid for a taxi for 3pm and the visiting times on the renal ward are different. I suppose I have to hope they'll let me see him.

Otherwise he is ok if still psychotic, the nurse asked him if he had anything to say to me and he said bring the cherries in his toolbox. That made me giggle, I have no idea what he's on about but I'll bring some cherries anyway.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • pollyanna_26
    edited 19 April 2019 at 3:52PM
    Options
    Call the hospital again WaS . Explain about your worries if WaSP is moved . Wards etc are signposted and there is usually a desk near the entrance where you can be pointed in the right direction . There will be someone who can do that over the phone today so if he's moved you'll manage to find your way.

Glad to hear you have the meds calley . Hope the call comes asap.

Will be back later , currently have my arms crossed across the laptop keyboard pushing hard on the charger connection to get it to charge . I'm 100% left handed and typing with my right hand isn't going well . An arm blocking some keys isn't helpful :rotfl:

Anyone who remembers Triggers broom that had lasted many years only needing new handles and brush heads well that describes my beloved dell . I'm hanging on grimly to it and the family techie lives in fear of me turning up with it has replaced many parts over the years .

It's very hot here too so do all keep hydrated .

pollyx

Just thought you can ask whether you will be able to see WaSp if the ward visiting hours are different . Try to speak today to the hospital to address your fears in advance to save any panic tomorrow.

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WaS you will be fine honest
    They design them so there are landmarks and signposts

Really good news about the move to a renal unit
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I hope the laptop gets sorted soon, Polly!

Thank you both, I just called the renal unit and got directions. They also don't mind me visiting outside of visiting hours, they said call before I leave just to make sure he has been transferred to them.

I do have something that's slightly concerning me - my own psychosis. I am always a tiny bit psychotic and when WaSp was telling me on the phone that the oxygen was filled with arsenic he was so convincing that a tiny part of me almost believed it. I am a bit worried about the effect on me of spending 2 hours with him if he is going to be saying bizarre things? I know they aren't true but I do pick up on others psychosis and slightly adopt it and start questioning my own perception of reality. I am wondering if it might help to take a 5 minute break here and there to ground myself a little? I will take extra antipsychotics before I go.

• dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WaS you are prepared for him to say odd things which will help, and when you get back come on here and tell us everything he says that has you worried and we can help make head or tale of it all.

I live near one of the huge London teaching hospitals and they have volunteers who help direct you to the wards and also coloured lines on the floors. Maybe check at the desk when you get in the main entrance and see if they can guide you?

Take the cherries and maybe a magazine in case he nods off and you are waiting for the mini cab?
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    I see no reason why little breaks to ground you would be a problem . You could always say you needed the loo.

Would it help you to jot down a few bullet points to refer to if needed during your visit?

Brief sentences such as this is not real it is how WaSp is seeing things due to psychosis .

The hospital staff have kept you informed and you yourself are well aware of psychosis and thoughts and perceptions which aren't based on reality. Don't try to point that fact out if he saying those things , just nod and see if you can move the conversation on.
    pollyx

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    The other thing is that if he says anything you're a bit worried about, you can always post on here and we will give you a reality check, with lots of virtual hugs as an added extra (((((WaS)))))

(((((Pyxis))))) - it's not like you to be so quiet so here are some special hugs.

Ooo and we haven't heard from elsien for a long time (((((elsien)))))
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback