We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Calleyw - I hope they get AM patched up and mended quickly. Has he got some baggy jumpers and tracksuit bottoms he can get in and out of one handed? Buttons and zips will be difficult.

Dandy Candy,

Sadly not the first time I have had to deal with this sort of thing. My ex husband had a stroke 13 years ago and his left hand was no functioning. Amazing what you can do by thinking out of the box

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    After itching for a day I noticed that I now have eczema all over my face and shoulders. I think I might be a bit stressed!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    WaS, re the penguin.... Mr JM said you are such a long way from anything like that. And the ventilator isn't actually life support as he CAN breathe for himself - the ventilator is helping his lungs to heal at the moment and breathing for him while he's in the coma healing. And it does sound as if he can come out of the coma pretty well from the 'frisky' comment. I honestly think you can file that one under 'things not to worry about'.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    After itching for a day I noticed that I now have eczema all over my face and shoulders. I think I might be a bit stressed!

WaS,

Massive hugs. You need to take care of yourself as WaSP is having his needs taken care of.

Its hard as you are stressed up to the eyeballs. But take a day at a time. Maybe even set timers to remind yourself to eat and drink.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    WaS Keep in mind JMs post re the ventilator. Good point from MR JM.

Do you often have eczema flares? Dd gets those and sometimes psoriasis flares when flaring or under stress. Am I right thinking you also have Psoriatic Arthritis . I've a feeling you mentioned it in the past. Anyway if you have any lotions creams etc among your meds it's worth digging them out to calm the rash.

I've been meaning to ask you if you have any garden space with your flat. If so you could look at small apple trees online and choose a small one and plan to start planting those trees in your signature once WaSp is home again. The miniature varieties can be grown in a large pot ,many supermarkets sell them pretty cheaply.

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    My life is doing ok, drained at work though I am gradually getting more confident at it annoyed at social work though told me as I am working I don't need support,

I am very drained in evenings, I also found out that relative of mine is sending his partners family a lot of cash (hundreds a month) but not bothered to pay me back a penny he owes me.

Dekaspace I'm pleased to hear you're settling in the job. You're bound to be feeling rather drained as you adjust to being up and out , becoming familiar with new faces and routines.

You sound much more positive too. I'm not sure what support you feel you need from the social worker so can't advise . Perhaps they have noticed a change too and are seeing how you manage.

Did you manage to sort out a more suitable sleep apnea mask when you went to your clinic appointment? I did reply to your post on the OS forum but don't know if you saw it. Gaffer tape is not the answer so I hope they've provided a different kit.

I think something that would help you is to accept your relative will not be paying you back the money he owes you. He's besotted by a financial abuser which meant he was treating you as a cash machine to help meet the very dubious requests from her.
    Some years ago I was lending money to someone waiting for a legacy of over 300k. I must have loaned over 3k . They got the legacy,bought a house and a new 4x4 although they already owned a 2 year old car. They never repaid the money I'd lent.. As they were very close it had an awful effect on me. I would toss and turn . It was so upsetting it was making me ill. After a few months I had to let it go,cut any contact and start to heal.

My advice is if he contacts you don't respond. Tell family or others who may feed back information to you to stop . Don't look him up to see what he's doing. That's the way to stop him impacting on you and to begin to heal yourself.
    You are on a new path and making progress . Keep going and don't look back.
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WaS can you take an antihistamine so you don't itch yourself and make it worse? Try not to get too sweaty with the house work as that won't help. I hope you have had something nourishing for dinner too.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Just popping in to say the lumbar puncture went OK yesterday, only thing I felt was the local anasthetic going in. My friend got very excited about seeing the ultrasound of my spine, which I couldn't see :rotfl:

Aside from thirstiness and a mild backache I'm fine today.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Glad it went ok, ono. You were so brave, I would have been sobbing the minute I walked into the room!

The inspection has been and gone and it went fine, that's that for 6 months. The man was so nice I didn't want him to leave, I think I'm a bit lonely!

I popped to the doctors this morning. It isn't eczema, it's psoriasis. I have just never had it on my back and face before. It is definitely a stress reaction and he said expect the Psoriastic Arthritis to follow. I have creams and we are going to check it again in a week, if it is worse it is my turn to have some steroids.

WaSp has just begun his first plasma exchange of the day. When it is done in 5 hours they are going to briefly wake him up again for a few minutes. Then back to sleep and dialysis.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ono - glad it went well, and I hope you get plenty of rest today.

WaS - glad the inspector was nice. I totally get the lonely thing, once my car broke down and the tow truck driver got it to the garage and then drove me home. We sat outside my house for half an hour having a chat, I ended up giving him a £10 tip more for listening to me than the lift!
    I’m glad they are starting WaSp plasma exchange, I really hope he improves quickly. I’m sure all the sleep will be doing him good.

A wobbly day for me today, very nervy and trying to rein it in. I’ve been drafting an important email but have decided not to send it today as I’m in a funny mood and need to think carefully rather that just rush it off.

I’ve messaged my counsellor for an appointment and not heard back yet which is unlike her. I’ve been googling online for other ones. My current one was recommended by my GP, so I don’t know if I should go through them for a different one if I don’t hear back. I was actually thinking of all the emotional stuff I will have to get out with a new one and it set me off crying as I hate talking about past stuff. Yes I know it’s not a great approach to therapy!

Hugs to those in need x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport