Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Thank you all so much. They have given me a lot of warning that he will say some odd things but he is completely convincing because he believes it? After the poison phone call I was thinking ok, hes psychotic but a tiny little voice was saying or is he? Suppose the oxygen has been tampered with? I think I can handle it, it's just that I have my own spells throughout the day of weird thoughts and I don't need encouragement!

I will post anything I might have doubts about when I get back. If it's cherries in a toolbox I can easily work out that isn't real so hopefully it stays with things like that.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WaS some of OHs
    Someone jumped out of window and and they brought the body up in carrier bags and shared the families Christmas decorations.

The family paid the doctors in a brown envelope to get him fixed fastet

The doctors were harvesting limbs

The note to yourself is a really good idea
    And even without the psy you will need a break xxx
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Eeeep! Hope that wasn't scary for you Mel. I am trying to keep an open mind about what to expect tomorrow!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Common ones are
    Bing held on board a ship (the beeps)
    Being held in an aircraft hanger

I don't want to scare you but I also want you to be fully prepared.
    Hopefully he will move to a renal ward. I just remembered that bladder infections cn cause delusions I wonder if kidney function can as well.
    A lovely man was opposite OH on the ward and he believed he was a curate/JP and the hospital had kidnapped him, he kept getting OH to call his family.

It will be fine honest, you are a hell of a lot stronger than you think xxxx
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Dandy - very good luck with your new counsellor!

It’s actually my old one I’m seeing again, fingers crossed she is helpful this time. She can be a bit hit or miss.

WaS - thinking of you, hope the visit goes well x

Hugs to all in need x
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Hope everyone is keep hydrated and out the sun.

News this end is still no op. It more frustrating than anything else as we can't begin to work stuff out like how long off of work, before AM can drive again etc

WaS hope your visit went well today.

Everyone take care

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Calleyw - it might be that the hospital is running on a skeleton staff over the holiday weekend. Hopefully they will do it next week, he’s not having any pain is he?
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I am back from visiting WaSp. He was very odd and very depressed for the first hour and then cheered up in the last two. When I walked onto the ward he hugged me and burst into tears which is very unlike him and not normal for our relationship, we tend to tease and joke our way through things. We don't do the honest emotion thing!

Much to my surprise he remembers nothing about going to hospital? He was terrified because he doesn't remember asking me to call an ambulance or being in A&E with me at all. As far as he knows he was at home then in ITU on a ventilator, he didn't even know where the hospital was located. No wonder he was scared! He was also too paranoid to ask the staff any questions so he has been totally confused for 48 hours. He kept saying I trust no one but you, I'm scared. It was heartbreaking.

I also asked if I could see a consultant privately while I was there and luckily the one who called me at 5am was working. They have WaSp on an antipsychotic now to try to help with the steroid psychosis and will be reducing the steroids from next Wednesday so everything crossed the psychosis goes away. They are giving him medication to support his lungs but he no longer needs oxygen thankfully. He starts an immunosuppressent next week which will help stop the vasculitis.

I said I will go back Tuesday because I just can't leave him alone in that state.

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    It's probably worth contacting the hospital and seeing if they can organise a minibus ambulance type thing for Tuesday. Sorry, this must have been really upsetting for you, but on balance I think it sounds like good news and it does sound as if WaSP is getting better. I hope you feel that too! xxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I will have a chat with them although everyone seems to have taken easter weekend off other than the consultant. Physically he's getting better, he has lost a lot of weight in a very short time. But his lungs are functioning better, now to get his kidneys to start working.

On an amusing note I am so used to dealing with medical professionals for myself that I am automatically way too open with them. When the consultant told me WaSp was on antipsychotics without thinking I said "Oh, I take Chlorpromazine, what one is he on?" The consultant just stared at me for a moment so I quickly followed up with "But I'm quite safe!" :rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback