Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Deka, sorry to hear about the window. I hope you've got everything sorted now.

Calley, I know what you mean about the NHS. They obviously have their problems but they have been absolutely fantastic with my mum and I'm beyond grateful for the service they've provided.

Take care of yourself and I hope that the limbo state passes. Feeling 'meh' is always horrible but it seems so much worse when you have no idea why. Do you have anything planned for while AM is away?
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Deka I can’t remember if you are in council housing? If so I would be on to them about moving. Say about the junkies banging at the door all hours and now someone has broken the window.

I can’t switch off. DS has come to stay with us while he recovers. He had another appointment at hospital with dermatology today and they told him to go for blood tests first. He waited 2 hrs in the queue then had to leave for the dermatologist and when he went back down he said he’d just missed his number so came home. I said he should have go to the desk and explained but he said the queue was really long. When I said he should have just gone to the front and explained he got stroppy saying it’s not right to push in.

The hospital pharmacy didn’t have all his meds and said to ask gp for prescription so he went and requested a prescription from them. He said he needed it urgently rather than the standard 3 working days and they just said write urgent on it but couldn’t promise anything. He was completely cool about it - this is his skin medicated cream and bath lotion he’s meant to be using twice a day from today onwards! It irritated me no end that I actually unknown to him rang the gp to say how urgent it was and got the same response. Eventually they said ring at 5.30 but they couldn’t promise anything.

I feel like banging my head off the wall. I know DH will say later I shouldn’t have rung, I guess I’m so used to being “mummy” and organising everything for everyone that it’s hard to sit back and what it all screw up when someone else is in charge. I need to learn the art of not getting involved.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Hospital just rang with my appointment for a lumbar puncture. I've been OK about everything else, even the fact that's it's likely my life is going to change a lot once I have the confirmed diagnosis, but that particular test is stressing me quite a bit now it's real, even though it's a month away.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ono, I know that there's no point in telling you not to worry and it's completely natural to be stressed by everything that's going on but I hope that you can find some calm in the next month.

Also, a friend of mine was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and although there have been changes to his life there are so many things available now to minimise the impact that it hasn't been anywhere near as disruptive as he first feared.

Best of luck and I hope that all goes well.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hospital just rang with my appointment for a lumbar puncture. I've been OK about everything else, even the fact that's it's likely my life is going to change a lot once I have the confirmed diagnosis, but that particular test is stressing me quite a bit now it's real, even though it's a month away.

((((((((((((((((((((((((Ono)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Thank you both. Slightly more calm now. It's more the thought of the procedure itself than anything else.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you both. Slightly more calm now. It's more the thought of the procedure itself than anything else.

Do they give you a local anaesthetic?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I thought I'd posted!

It's very quickly over and my doctor was able to do it without anaesthetic, I thought I felt the anaesthetic but it was the process itself. The worst was lying flat in bedfor several hours especially when eating . Obviously this is just my thoughts and everyone is different.
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Do they give you a local anaesthetic?
    See my answer
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Work has been a up and down, everyone I am training with has been ill since we started, one was very ill Monday and said today hes not coming in, today the other trainee was violently sick at work and sent home leaving just me out of trainees left, I was ill on Tuesday violently sweating all night in a bad fever.

Not a great start but I turned up for work anyway which is a good thing.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I do see a lot of achievements here - Izzy's mum getting better, ono facing up to a lumbar puncture (when do you get the results?) and dandy helping son while facing up to letting him make his own mistakes (VERY difficult!) Oh, I do love this community! <3
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback