Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Oh mudge, so sorry to hear this.

Firstly, hugs for the cat. I've put this first because I wanted you to know I understand what this might mean, especially on top of everything else.

Secondly, so sorry about your mum. Now, some advice. I don't know what your religious views are but either she's in a better place now and understands, or she is in a nowhere place and it doesn't matter. I'm certain sure she knew how much you loved her. Honestly, there's nothing to gain by beating yourself up about it.

Thirdly, you have my total sympathy about your husband. We could form a 'husband with a neuro condition' club <3

And fourthly, please do post on the debt free board about your money worries (as well as here, I mean, I'm not trying to ignore these worries.) Yes, it's a horrid lot of money but this part of the problem is not insoluble. And, unlike some people who have burned through money, you have the 'stuff' to show for it. And it's stuff which you can potentially turn back into money.

Could you set an hour aside each day to turn the crafting stuff back into money by turning it into crafts and selling it? You might find this quite therapeutic as well. (But do beware the temptation to add to your stash while you are doing it.... )

Hugs, and a listening ear for any other dark secrets xxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Ono - delighted to hear that things are moving forward, although rather appalled at the physio appointment. Hopefully this will be helpful whatever the diagnosis. xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • mudgekin
    mudgekin Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much for the lively reply JM, it means a lot. Fortunately, I didn’t take us into debt but I did leave us with nothing for our retirement. I do try and do as much crafting as I can pain permitting but I never ever sell, compared to others I’m just not good enough. It is a great way of distracting myself. Now the damn has opened who knows what might come out.

I do hate this black shroud that surrounds me. I’m sure if I could at least sleep I may have some better days but my GP just ignores me or hubby when we mention it. Just now I think if I can start to go out again other than the drs or hospital I may also feel better.

Sorry it’s so disjointed, I’m super tired and I think I’m going to go to bed and listen to an audiobook

Xxxx
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Sending you sleepy thoughts, and remember, tomorrow is another day!

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WaS, I'm so sorry that you're feeling down. As others have said, it's not surprising with all that you've had going on but that doesn't make it any less horrible to deal with. Best wishes to you and WaSp

Mudgekin, JM's advice was better than anything I would come up with but I hope you managed to get some sleep and that things look a little brighter this morning.
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mudgekin welcome, Is it possible to see another GP? no doctor should ignore what you tell him.I know the hell of depression and would not wish it on anyone. Have you tried other types of ant depression medication, sometimes you have to try a few before finding one that works. Also to help with sleep Kalms do a night time version, I think it is ok to mention them as they are available over the counter but I would check that they are ok to take with any medication you are on
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello Mudgekin, and thank you for trusting us with your post. :A :A

I can relate to a lot of what you have said.

I will have a think and post again later, as I am not in the best of places at the moment.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• jobbingmusician
    Options
    When I talk about MH, I mean how I feel. Am I happy, anxious, frustrated, disappointed.... it relates to such a lot of fields. I don't think a fixed definition is that helpful, and people are very welcome to come on here and talk about whatever they like that is upsetting (or delighting!) them. Why do you ask?

Hugs, Pyxis - hope your 'place' improves. Wishing you lovely sun and countryside, with beautiful music. xx

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all,

Never posted on this thread before, but felt the need to get it out somewhere. Brief periods of anxiety/depression in the past and I can feel myself going down that road again.

I spent most of yesterday isolating myself, spent a few hours in bed yesterday just to get away from everyone, barely slept last night so feel no better today. I don't know how to describe how I feel, mostly completely uninterested in everything and numb to everything I guess. Everything seems too loud and in my face at the moment even just normal sounds and sights walking through town.

OH is (self-confessed) terrible for being able to empathise or sympathise with anyone, so no support there. I just don't know how long this is going to last this time around.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (((((((()) Mudgekin))))))))))))
    I suppose your spending was like comfort eating, which I am prone to do.

(((((((((SSDD23)))))))))))))
    I am in a similar place at the moment.........so you're not alone. Not that that's much help, really, but you never know.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure