🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Grants available for individuals

Options

Comments

• Dullville
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    You have been given funding for transport, it is your choice what you do with that money. Surely you do not expect more?
    Who the fu#k do you think you are??? Do you feel important sat behind your keyboard inflicting your boring and sarcastic comments on people looking for advice.
    You really are one sad individual.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,078 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dullville wrote: »
    Who the fu#k do you think you are??? Do you feel important sat behind your keyboard inflicting your boring and sarcastic comments on people looking for advice.

DMG is trying to help you.

If you have epilepsy and can't drive, how are you going to be safe on a scooter? :huh:
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Dullville
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »

If you have epilepsy and can't drive, how are you going to be safe on a scooter? :huh:
    Its not just that isolated post my friend..believe you me.
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Shopmobility has branches in many towns - maybe that would be an option. Although I have to agree with sh1305 about the point regarding safety. The other alternative would be to ask for a wheelchair assessment and get a manual wheelchair, as this would be safer for both the poster who enquired and for those who are around him.

Dullville, your comment was unnecessary and rude. DMG is a respected poster who regularly offers realistic advice. I have to agree, why should further funding be given for a scooter, when funding for transport is already being provided? Especially in view of the fact that it may not be safe for the enquirer to drive one.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options

What she said:
    sh1305 wrote: »

Gone ... or have I?
  • Dullville
    Options
    Shopmobility has branches in many towns - maybe that would be an option. Although I have to agree with sh1305 about the point regarding safety. The other alternative would be to ask for a wheelchair assessment and get a manual wheelchair, as this would be safer for both the poster who enquired and for those who are around him.

Dullville, your comment was unnecessary and rude. DMG is a respected poster who regularly offers realistic advice. I have to agree, why should further funding be given for a scooter, when funding for transport is already being provided? Especially in view of the fact that it may not be safe for the enquirer to drive one.
    Listen, i don't give a toss if the cyber warrior who calls herself DMG is (in your opinion) a respected poster but I've seen enough comments after some of her realistic advice to know I'm not the only one who thinks the same as me.
    Does she get off on her advice i wonder???
  • dmg24
    Options
    Listen, i don't give a toss if the cyber warrior who calls herself DMG is (in your opinion) a respected poster but I've seen enough comments after some of her realistic advice to know I'm not the only one who thinks the same as me.
    Does she get off on her advice i wonder???

I don't think I'm the one who is coming across as a cyber warrior here!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be fair on DMG, how exactly do you think you're safe to control a scooter? I have blackouts and I assume that not being safe to drive =not being safe to control anything like a vehicle.
  • Joanne1976
    Options
    I am a single parent with 1 child age 11. i desperatly need to move from a 3 bed to a 2 bed but i am on a low income and i am having difficulty getting a bond to be able to move. Is their any help for me towards a bond as living in a 3 bed you only get enough help for how many occupy the property. I cant afford to stay were i am.
  • dmg24
    Options
    Joanne1976 wrote: »
    I am a single parent with 1 child age 11. i desperatly need to move from a 3 bed to a 2 bed but i am on a low income and i am having difficulty getting a bond to be able to move. Is their any help for me towards a bond as living in a 3 bed you only get enough help for how many occupy the property. I cant afford to stay were i am.

Your LA may have a bond/ deposit scheme.
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family