Grants available for individuals

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    missmc wrote: »
    i have severe epilepsy, so living with floor boards is a no go, they are not in the best of conditions but the council seem to think they are ok,

have a word with the NSE helpline they may have details of help avaliable
    http://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/Homepage
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Options
    ive heard of the "social fund" im not too sure if it applies to all of the uk in the same way, as england seems to have a lot more oppurtunities for those wanting grants. im not too sure if i myself should contact my local citizens advice regarding a plumbing issue as we cant afford to get it fixed etc and we would probably be classed as a lower income family
  • loubylou586
    Options
    Just read all about the tax credits stuff. It says about working tax credits, if you're over 16 etc etc. That is not the case im just 24 + for the past 5/6 yrs i have struggled as i work but on low income + have no children, all i have heard from benefits + local council is "well if you were 25 you could claim working tax credits" im sick of hearing it as obviously i still have another year to go until im 25. So the forum saying over 16 is wrong, unless im being lied to. I dont understand how someone who works on low income under the age of 25 who has no children is deemed not needing any help. really annoys me!! No doubt when i reach 25 the government would of taken it away or changed it (knowing my luck) :( in the meantime i guess i'll still have to struggle on listening to them telling me "if you were 25......" while there are so many people out there who dont need the help + are fraudulently claiming benefits!! :(
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just read all about the tax credits stuff. It says about working tax credits, if you're over 16 etc etc. That is not the case im just 24 + for the past 5/6 yrs i have struggled as i work but on low income + have no children, all i have heard from benefits + local council is "well if you were 25 you could claim working tax credits" im sick of hearing it as obviously i still have another year to go until im 25. So the forum saying over 16 is wrong, unless im being lied to. I dont understand how someone who works on low income under the age of 25 who has no children is deemed not needing any help. really annoys me!! No doubt when i reach 25 the government would of taken it away or changed it (knowing my luck) :( in the meantime i guess i'll still have to struggle on listening to them telling me "if you were 25......" while there are so many people out there who dont need the help + are fraudulently claiming benefits!! :(

It is the case for disabled and parents responsible for a child for whom they receive child benefit for.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Binn
    Options
    Hi am i entitled to a free grant if you get incapacity benefit?
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Binn wrote: »
    Hi am i entitled to a free grant if you get incapacity benefit?

For what ?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • knights001
    Options
    Hi Justwondered if there are any grants for help getting a mobility scooter am disabled and am getting DLA. am using the mobility side for a car but am unable to drive due to epilesy just wanted to be able to go the local shops without wife taking me

many thanks
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    knights001 wrote: »
    Hi Justwondered if there are any grants for help getting a mobility scooter am disabled and am getting DLA. am using the mobility side for a car but am unable to drive due to epilesy just wanted to be able to go the local shops without wife taking me

many thanks

Then get rid of the car!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • knights001
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Then get rid of the car!
    not that easy still need to get to hospital and dialysis cant use the scooter for that so need the car
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    knights001 wrote: »
    not that easy still need to get to hospital and dialysis cant use the scooter for that so need the car

You have been given funding for transport, it is your choice what you do with that money. Surely you do not expect more?
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport