Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread - Page 71

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

edited 20 January 2016 at 10:36AM in Mobiles
1.3K replies 261.1K views

Replies

• A_Flock_Of_SheepA_Flock_Of_Sheep Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mobilejunkie, Why do you actually post on these threads? You appear to me at least to offer no source of rectification to any Vodafone matters except to continuously reiterate how rubbish they are, to tell people to read this lengthy thread, that nothing will be done by them (Vodafone) to rectify matters and that this thread and the Vodafone rep here is the only effective conduit to resolve issues.

Do you not have much to do other than this?
  • So the latest point of uselessness from Vodafone

I can see your case is with Customer Relations, as they're the highest point of escalation, we're unable to intervene at this moment.
    Please await for the team to get in touch with you.
    Thanks

So can someone from vodafone please explain the point of having a vodafone rep on this forum at all, when most of the people posting are doing so because the service from the customer relations team is the root cause of the problem?
  • edited 6 November 2016 at 6:14PM
    mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2016 at 6:14PM
    Mobilejunkie, Why do you actually post on these threads? You appear to me at least to offer no source of rectification to any Vodafone matters except to continuously reiterate how rubbish they are, to tell people to read this lengthy thread, that nothing will be done by them (Vodafone) to rectify matters and that this thread and the Vodafone rep here is the only effective conduit to resolve issues.

Do you not have much to do other than this?

Maybe I suggest people read it because many don't, preferring to waste far more time than it would have taken to read a mere part of this thread to find the only way in which they can get a resolution - which people like me and others have spent a lot of time reiterating.
  • edited 7 November 2016 at 12:17AM
    rudyxprudyxp Forumite
    3 posts
    edited 7 November 2016 at 12:17AM
    Hello people
    I have reached the point that I really feel like I am at the end of dead end road with vodafone... I will start from the beginning.
    I have had two lines with them as December 2015 and basically never had any reason to complain. Now, the problems started when I early upgraded in Dec 2015 (my contract was due in Feb 2016) and I took new iPhone6. Since then I really have been struggling with them. I was eligible to Vodafone Employee Advantage discount as I was working for one of the companies that had this perk. When I upgraded I started to get this discount and real problems started in February when my discount was taken off me. I had to resolve this issue basically monthly when every month I was given a bill to pay and it was too high. Eventually about 3 months later and 3 credits to my account later this issue was resolved. Then, end of June I took another line with smartphone. The discount I was supposed to get was applied after several phone conversations, chat conversations and two or three visits to their branches with my payslip. The discount applied was wrong (15% instead of 20%) so as you can probably guess my struggle with sorting this out started from the beginning. I had numerous conversations with them and eventually got fed up so bad that I filed official complaint letter and sent it through the post. They received it. This was the beginning of September 2016.

I had about 3-5 phone calls from their complain department or whatever they call it, the man I was speaking to couldn't really understand what I mean but he looked like he is going to resolve my problem. He didn't because the moment he realized what my issue is he switched my discount from 15% to 20% and said he will call me back with compensation offer. This was the last time I have heard from him.

At this point I am not even talking about some decent sum of money they owe me (I would say easily about £35 in due credit) because I have chosen to fight them for their outrageous customer service and overcharging me. After this I have phoned them and they escalated the conversation to some senior dispute manager or whoever that was. The lady in quite rude manner offered me £50 and she said in her opinion this is more than appropriate. I declined this offer and requested a deadlock letter. She said it will be sent to me and I will receive it in 10 working days. It was around a month ago. From that time I haven't heard from them apart from the text message that I have missed my payment and they are forced to switch off my lines if this is not sorted out asap. Apart from I have paid my bill by direct debit so it was another error from them which only boiled my blood again as I was on my way on holiday and knew I don't have a chance to speak to them and I need my phones on my holiday. I am writing this post as I have just discovered that:

- my complaint with the code from forum was not registered or more likely ignored (I have posted it but never received any confirmation email or response)
    - they just charged me for the full month on my third line even though the contract on it is ending TODAY
    - they have charged me almost £12 extra this month and only they know for what (my last month bill was cleared in full with dd)

At this point I really feel very miserable as I don't know how to resolve this. I feel like I have exhausted all the available options for me and I am more than willing to end my contract on all my 3 lines with vodafone immediately. I am considering every possible action including legal actions against them as I am so fed up and tired with this constant struggle that all I want is to stop having anything in common with them.

If you can please help me with this issue as I don't know what should I do next, they do whatever they want and I just feel hopeless.
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    rudyxp wrote: »

- my complaint with the code from forum was not registered or more likely ignored (I have posted it but never received any confirmation email or response)

I just went back to early October on this thread and couldn't find the reference number posted by you. Was it on this thread and when? Usually the WRT pick up posts on here and it is unlikely you'll get any joy any other way. I would re-post the reference number (your post is not entirely clear about the email reference so I assume it was following the steps repeated oft on here?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • So the latest point of uselessness from Vodafone

I can see your case is with Customer Relations, as they're the highest point of escalation, we're unable to intervene at this moment.
    Please await for the team to get in touch with you.
    Thanks

So can someone from vodafone please explain the point of having a vodafone rep on this forum at all, when most of the people posting are doing so because the service from the customer relations team is the root cause of the problem?
    I have exactly the same response as I have an existing complaint.

Whilst I have only just seen this thread so don't have any of the evidence suggested, I still have an ongoing issue with Vodafone.

In June I change my tariff to unlimited minutes,unlimited texts,12GB data,2GB inclusive
    roaming data,Inclusive roaming calls texts and picture messages.

This all worked fine, then suddenly around the 18 August data stopped working completely. I called Vodafone on 20 August and reported this and went through a number of troubleshooting steps which did not work. I have called numerous times since and promised it would be working in 15 mins, 24 hours, 7 days. I escalated to customer complaints and after a few weeks with them, it got escalated to customer relations and here I still am with it not working.

I asked if I could cancel my account as it is next to useless for me without data, and was told it would be over £1000. I was also told they do not guarantee data provision, only calls.

I must have spent over 10 hours on the phone to them and am getting absolutely nowhere.

I would be grateful for any advice on how I can escalate this to actually get it fixed.
  • Leon_WLeon_W Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    After almost 2 years of absolutely diabolical service, starting on the day I ordered the phones, to the incorrect billing, phantom lines added to the account (only took 5 months to correct that one), hours and hours on the phone to them, the merciful end is in site ! And this is where I have to report good Vodafone news (so far).

The cancellations team have been excellent ! In cancelling 3 contracts there have been no mistakes, PAC codes have arrived on time and it seems that English is their first language, YAY !

Now, if only they put the same effort into setting UP accounts properly, dealing with problems expediently and stopped treating customers like morons then things might finally improve.

I'm clearly not finally out of the woods yet but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm greatly looking forward to being Vodafone free !

• I just went back to early October on this thread and couldn't find the reference number posted by you. Was it on this thread and when? Usually the WRT pick up posts on here and it is unlikely you'll get any joy any other way. I would re-post the reference number (your post is not entirely clear about the email reference so I assume it was following the steps repeated oft on here?

What I meant is I have sent this complaint through their website but never received any e-mail or such.

Now, I have escalated this problem through Ombudsman for Vodafone and they really helped, I have explained the situation to them and eventually got to speak with Vodafone. They offered me 3 months free of charge services (which comes to around £230) but I have declined this offer and requested new smartphone. If they are not willing to go ahead with this then I am leaving this in the hands of Ombudsman because it is not about money anymore
  • Hello

Forgive me if I've posted to the wrong place or incorrectly as its my first post and feel free to let me know.

I'm a vodafone customer and the question I have is that I received a marketing text message from vodafone for their fibre line rental product which was unsolicited. It has the opt out option at the end so I text STOP to the relevant number only to be told I will incur an additional charge for the text message.

Are they allowed to charge people to opt out of their own marketing texts. I assume its just the cost of the text and it doesn't come out of your text allowance but I will check when I get my bill.

I don't want to block the number because there are some valid technical and usage texts that come through on the same number
  • VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K posts
    bmae11 wrote: »
    Hi all,

This is my first time posting on a forum so I apologise if I'm not doing everything correctly.

Today I received an email from CCS Collect claiming to be collecting £1335 on behalf of Vodafone that must be paid within 7 days or else further action will be taken. This is the first communication I've had from them, and the best part is, I am not a Vodafone customer.
    Upon receiving this I gathered somebody must have set up something in my name with them, and I panicked.
    I phoned Vodafone and they said there was an account in my name with all my details including DOB and my old address. I checked my bank statements and there are payments dating from late 2013 - early 2015 ranging from £13-£84. I was a student and working during this time so I didn't even notice the money which is the worst part. If I'd noticed first off I could have prevented this. So somebody has been living it up with a mobile phone contract in my name, which I have unknowingly been paying for until it was cancelled and now I'm being chased for an outstanding balance. Quite ridiculous.
    Vodafone have assured me their fraud team will investigate but I'm not sure how they can prove it was fraud as it's so old? The police don't want to know and my bank haven't been much help either because the payments are so old.
    Please help I feel like I'm stuck and over time have become over £900 out of pocket thanks to whoever did this!

Hi bmae11,

If you still need help with this, email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Sparky1971,

I can confirm that you won't be charged for opting out of marketing text messages.

Thanks,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support