Options

Comments

• liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi wolvesweaver00, Rbg, Cfcnick and Karennaz,

So we can access your accounts to see what's happened, please contact us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we’ll check we've received it.

liviboy - As stated in my voicemail message yesterday, I'll call you again after 1pm.

If there's a specific time you'd like me to call between 1-3.30pm, let me know by replying to my email yesterday.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee,

As stated on my message yesterday, I appreciated the fact you called me.

However, my phone didn't actually ring. For some reason it went straight to Voicemail for you.

My gripe is the fact that your company has a one-time-try policy for calling someone. What if, for example, the customer was otherwise engaged in, say, the bathroom. Why do you not try to call again later? It would be different if there was a way to reach you back.

Surely it's easier for all involved to get our dial-backs off the system as soon as possible so why push the call to the next day?
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a fantastic chart with Lee (more like AT Lee) for half an hour.

Everything on the accounts has been sorted and it was nice to hear about the internal processes that should take place.

Hopefully I won't need to contact the team again but it was really nice to have someone just listen to what's now became a list of issues since trying to join Vodafone back in February.

Nothing can really be done about all the individual issues but I would hope that at least some of what I said is passed on to the right people.

I always think that a really good idea for improving customer service is to "follow" different complaints from the very beginning - i.e. when a complaint is first logged, somebody higher up follows every contact between the customer and the company until its resolution...it might open their eyes to the hoops customers are made to jump through at times when problems which are relatively simple should just be sorted out first time!

Fingers crossed I'll have no more issues with Vodafone and hopefully when my contract is up in February I'll have no issues in whatever I decide to do - be it stay with Vodafone or slip away to another network.

Thanks again Lee, I appreciate you taking the time to call and listen to my Victor Meldrew impression.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    liviboy wrote: »
    Hi Lee,

As stated on my message yesterday, I appreciated the fact you called me.

However, my phone didn't actually ring. For some reason it went straight to Voicemail for you.

My gripe is the fact that your company has a one-time-try policy for calling someone. What if, for example, the customer was otherwise engaged in, say, the bathroom. Why do you not try to call again later? It would be different if there was a way to reach you back.

Surely it's easier for all involved to get our dial-backs off the system as soon as possible so why push the call to the next day?

Actually you're the exception.

Apart from Lee and his team hardly anyone gets a call back from Vodafone when promised.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    jsb6574 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a large debt with Vodafone. This has accrued since the acrimonious break up of a previous relationship. I tried to deal with it back in February. When I contacted Vodafone they could not find any details. I was then contacted by a debt collection company called Fred something. They asked me to make a payment to clear the arrears. I was unable to do this and requested to set up a payment plan. They said that I could not do this at the time because they weren't collecting the debt, simply trying to take a bill payment from me. I have not heard anything since the end of April other than this company Fred something has passed the account back to Vodafone. Subsequently I have heard nothing. The last letter i had said I owed £2,500. On my credit file this morning it says my outstanding balance is £7430!
    Please could someone give me some advice.
    Thanks in desperation.
    James

Easy. Follow the repeated advice on this thread - and even this page - and contact the WRT (or get no-where).
  • Dunx76
    Dunx76 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    The link to the Vodafone contact form appears to be broken, just goes to a blank page. If the Vodafone guys are reading this please can you check and fix.
  • Dunx76
    Options
    Dunx76 wrote: »
    The link to the Vodafone contact form appears to be broken, just goes to a blank page. If the Vodafone guys are reading this please can you check and fix.

Sorry, ignore this it's working now.
  • Dunx76
    Options
    #13374435.

Apologies I sent this twice because I forgot to put the MSE Forum ref in the first one.
  • Lewn
    Lewn Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Would just like to add my tale of woe.

Renewing my contract back in December 2015 I picked a HTC M8. By March it started showing a yellow burn mark on the screen, overheating during use and on charge and sluggish performance, by June it was slowly spreading right across the screen. I decided to contact Vodafone to get it repaired. In July they sent me a replacement. The phone they sent me had completely different faults, microphone stops working during calls.

After going back and forth to Vodafone live chat customer service, being sent to the local Vodafone store where they would replace my phone (didn't happen) and generally being messed around and lied to I finally managed to get a repair pack sent out, the phone sent off and repaired. It was now October.

Roll on April 2016, six months later and the phone develops the original faults, yellow burns etc etc. I contact customer service in May 10th who tell me to take it to the store and then argue with me that is the only way to return it. So I cancel the chat and start it up again and the agent agrees to send out a repair pack. The repair pack says the phone repair is chargeable.

So I phone Vodafone, tell them all the problems and tell them basically I would like a new replacement of the same phone, not a refurbished one or I would cancel the contract (at this point I've used my previous contract phone for a little under two months). It drags on, I get transferred to another operator who proposes the following:

Vodafone would offer to buy back the phone and then they would bring the upgrade forward for me at no charge, or if I wasn't happy they would cancel the contract. I was to phone the buy back team and he would call be later that day.

I call the buy back team but the offer is pitiful. No call by the 19th so I phone them back, go through all the issues again and they agree to bring my upgrade forward and transfer me to upgrades in the UK.

Talking to the guy in Manchester I explain the problems I was having for him to tell me the customer support is rubbish, they can't actually call out and have no power to offer anything. He then tells me it will cost £150 odd to upgrade. I argue this but my notes failed to mention anything I had previously discussed, I tell him fine I will cancel he says it will be £199 to cancel. I agree to cancel and tell him I will just go to court if necessary. He sends me through to another customer service agent.

After much talking they agree to bring my upgrade forward so I can get a new phone and pass me onto upgrades again. I choose the S7, everything is fantastic.

Phone arrived today, box is dirty, seam is broken in the corner. Box seal is broken and peel void sticker has been pulled off (yet mailing bag was sealed). Inside the box the phone is missing the front protective cover, the back has evidence of being peeled off (scrunched corner). The packet was addressed unipart which is I believe their repair center.

So for my new upgrade, they sent me a refurbished or used phone. To add insult to injury they included the wrong sim, S7 is nano they included a micro which was off its card.

I've used the contact me form, will try and contact them through live chat again. Obviously the upgrade is going back and will be cancelling that.

Hopefully they will keep the early upgrade date which means an early cancellation date but knowing Vodafone probably not.

Sorry for the long post, but I think its best everything knows every problem they can face with Vodafone and so to go with a different company.
  • seb530
    seb530 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 21 May 2016 at 2:24AM
    Options
    Here is my current issue:
    I have 3 lines with Vodafone all on sim-only contracts.
    I called in Feb to upgrade my daughters number to a £20 per month 20GB plan with spotify.
    Vodafone incorrectly upgraded my sons phone so I called them back and asked them to correct that back to the original plan and upgrade my daughters plan as originally requested.

My daughters plan was upgraded correctly but my sons phone is now on a £100 per month plan (rather than his original £13 pcm plan!!) with unlimited calls, texts and 2GB data... unbelievable as there is no such plan.
    Despite hours on the call over the past few weeks I have yet to receive any real progress and currently sitting on a bill of £356 rather than £120. I will admit I have had to cancel the DD as I could not afford for Vodafone to take this money but did advise them and received confirmation that the account was marked that would not flag to collections.

I am incredibly frustrated that I have spent more than 6 hours on calls with them, the internal departments who have 10 days to respond simply do nothing and its not acceptable.

I had to push hard to get a formal complaint raised and plan to simply go straight to an executive complaint as, in my experience, its the only way to get any real traction.

I did try the form link on here but it only brings up a blank page on a mac with safari
  • LBJ45
    LBJ45 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 May 2016 at 12:14PM
    Options
    I’m having a dispute with Vodafone, and seem to have hit a dead end.

I upgraded my contract in January 2015 - It was agreed my package would cost £22 with a 50% discount, so my bill would cost me £11 a month inc VAT.

June 2015
    • The discount fell off, Vodafone told me there was a upgrade to their system and they would refund me and reapply the discount
    August 2015

• Still no refund and I was still getting charged £22, after contacting Vodafone I was told I would get a refund and the discount would be re-applied
    November 2015

• I had received a refund for 3 months, however, I was still getting overcharged, which in turn meant I was still owed a refund
    January 2016
    • After e-chat and a few more phone calls (lies and broken promises) I received my refund, however, I was still getting charged £22. I was told that he would reapply the discount and it would last for 27 months - Instead of cancelling my contract I decided to go ahead and continue using Vodafone

March/April 2016
    • Even though in January I was told unequivocally, that I would still be eligible for the 50% discount (for the next 27 months) Vodafone have continued to charge me £22
    • When I told Vodafone he said apologies, the last person I spoke to was wrong I will have to pay full price.
    • However, he would be able to give me 6GB for my trouble - I use less than 3GB which is what I receive in my contract (So basically it is like giving someone extra minutes on a unlimited minute contract - USELESS!)
    • I asked to speak to a Manager - I was told he would get back to me within 72 Hours, I’ve still had no contact from the manager nearly two months on

May 2016
    • I spoke to Vodafone again and told them I would like to upgrade my phone if it helps to settle the dispute - I was told I can’t until I pay them money
    • I then asked to cancel my contract - The reply was I can’t until I settle my account
    • I have disputed the amount I owe them, due to their agreement of 50% off
    • I have not had service for 1 month - For which they are trying to charge me
    • The manager has still not contacted me - The lady today told me the last Manager request wasn't raised! So she will raise the request again
    • Each time I talk to someone from Vodafone I get passed from pillar to post and spend approximately an hour on the phone each time
    • Each department have told me that they can’t help me

What can I do? This whole drama has took nearly 12 months to resolve!

Please can you help and bring closure to this debacle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure