Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

If we vote for Brexit what happens

Options

Comments

• TrickyTree83
    TrickyTree83 Posts: 3,930 Forumite
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    couldn't agree more
    only an idiot would think that a IRA supporter like Corbyn who also supports the economics of the lunatic in Venzeula, would be able to defend Uk workers rights.
    Indeed, Corbyn thinks that the EU is a better ruler of the UK than labour would be in the UK parliament. ... well maybe we would all agree with that.

Without mentioning that the EU's employment law is lesser than that of UK law. The irony is amazing. This Tory majority haven't yet reduced us down to EU minimums have they?

Priti Patel might want to, Boris, Gove and Johnson might too, doesn't mean it's going to happen. I'm sure there's plenty more Tories that would want to do this, but it didn't happen in the coalition and it hasn't been proposed yet by a Tory majority. Do these Labour MP's want to reduce or remove workers rights?

Ronnie Campbell - Blyth Valley
    Frank Field - Birkenhead
    Roger Godsiff - Birmingham Hall Green
    Kate Hoey - Vauxhall
    Kelvin Hopkins - Luton North
    Gisela Stuart - Birmingham Edgbaston
    Graham Stringer - Blackley and Broughton
    John Mann - Bassetlaw
    Dennis Skinner - Bolsover
    John Cryer - Leyton and Wanstead

Scare stories.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    European Bank has collapsed;

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-12/it-begins-one-european-bank-fails-another-one-needs-urgent-cash-injection

'It Begins: One European Bank Fails, Another One Needs An Urgent Cash Injection!'

Does that increase the possibility of a run on British Banks in the event of Brexit. Hopefully not.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Tromking
    Tromking Posts: 2,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    There was some dismay and a little anger.
    All acknowledge that the EU is not perfect by a long way but living in Country's where the verbal memory of fighting taking place in your Village or Town is still very vivid they feel the EU has brought Peace to Europe.

To who or what was their anger directed at?
    Curious.
    “Britain- A friend to all, beholden to none”. 🇬🇧
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Options
    Ah the next card has been dealt. The labour desperation act now talks up the 'reform' of free movement tactic.

Time for all us brexiters to have our revenge and ask 'but what does that actually look like Mr Watson? Show us your actual plan and how you'll achieve it...'

A dangerous game to play indeed, as a scraped remain victory based on empty, undeliverable promises from labour will quite possibly be the final nail in their coffin.
    Perhaps their ritual suicide will save Dave and Gideon after all....
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Does that increase the possibility of a run on British Banks in the event of Brexit. Hopefully not.

The opposite.
    Free of the EU risk and cost bear trap we will be even more of a safe haven for investors.
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mrginge wrote: »
    A

h the next card has been dealt. The labour desperation act now talks up the 'reform' of free movement tactic.

Every time I watch a debate the Labour luvvies always seek to avoid dealing with mass immigration, always change the subject to one of enriching benefits and NHS collapse without them.

All of a sudden at the 11th hour they're spooked and at long last purport to have heard the people!!

Incredible.

Don't believe a word, Cameron promised us migration of the tens of thousands.
  • TrickyTree83
    Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    Every time I watch a debate the Labour luvvies always seek to avoid dealing with mass immigration, always change the subject to one of enriching benefits and NHS collapse without them.

All of a sudden at the 11th hour they're spooked and at long last purport to have heard the people!!

Incredible.

Don't believe a word, Cameron promised us migration of the tens of thousands.

I thought that Guardian piece showed exactly how out of touch they are with their voters.

The Labour vote probably only survives now as a vote of no confidence in the Tory party.

Could they also begin to bleed further support towards UKIP as the gentleman in the video clip demonstrated?
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,068 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought that Guardian piece showed exactly how out of touch they are with their voters.

The Labour vote probably only survives now as a vote of no confidence in the Tory party.

Could they also begin to bleed further support towards UKIP as the gentleman in the video clip demonstrated?
    WE need labour - imagine a scenario where the question over the GE result was whether the Tories would need to go into a coalition with ukip or could rule on their own :(
    I think....
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,068 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If we see Brexit should we then have a GE, perhaps next spring, where each party would put forward its postion for dealing with Brexit?
    I think....
  • TrickyTree83
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    WE need labour - imagine a scenario where the question over the GE result was whether the Tories would need to go into a coalition with ukip or could rule on their own :(

They need to change their leader in my opinion. He's heading nowhere fast. I voted Conservative in the last GE but Ed Miliband was better than Jeremy for me, they're even further away from where I would like them to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure