Club lloyds 'Lifestyle Benefits'

Options

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    The booking fee is included when you book online with Cineworld.

Also just another thing.

Regarding the expiry date on the voucher that date is the last date for booking and not the actual date you book for.

Thanks for that. Interesting fact about the expiry date. Never knew that.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Interesting fact about the expiry date. Never knew that.

Yes I had some that expired 30th September and booked that day for the 7th October at Cineworld with no problem.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Yes I had some that expired 30th September and booked that day for the 7th October at Cineworld with no problem.

That makes sense when you think about it. The system is probably not up to interrogating the date of the performance against the expiry date of the voucher. Technically, the voucher was in date at the date it was redeemed against a performance. I would imagine this would be true for Vue as well.

This tip will be really handy in the future because my vouchers normally run out in April, just at the start of some of the big blockbusters. So if one is available to book early, that will be a better option than using the last couple of remaining vouchers on a mediocre film.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    This will not apply to everyone, but our Vue is being upgraded to all recliners. This morning I booked for Star Wars, and the price is going up from £4.99 to £7.99, (still cheaper than it used to be) and I was handed a £3 surcharge for each ticket because of this. I spoke to someone at Vue and this is it going forward - £3 surcharge for recliners. It was only a short while ago that we could bag a VIP seat upgrade free of charge, but now back to paying a surcharge for the only seats available.

My mind is made up: changing to Cineworld vouchers next year. 18 tickets x£3 = £54 compared to paying nothing for Cineworld (as things stand).
  • Nicholas
    edited 22 October 2019 at 9:23PM
    Options
    Had my fill of Vue now. I've still got 6 vouchers left to last until next April, so I booked Star Wars and payed the £6 fee for the recliner seats because they are the only ones available. Got my booking code and email.

I then booked Gemini Man for next week. Got my booking code quite quick and the email came through within the hour.

I then booked for Joker which we went to see this afternoon. Well, the booking process was stuck on the payment processing screen and the wheel was spinning around for 2 hours. In the meantime I tried ringing Vue and was put on hold. After 15 mins or so, when I was down to mid 20's in the queue I got cut off. This went on for 4 tries until I eventually got through to someone, who told me the booking was made and gave me the booking reference. He said that I would definately get the email. Just returned home from the cinema (good film by the way) and still no email through. If I hadn't finally got through to someone on the phone I would have been screwed, because the cinema can only go by booking reference and payment details. With the vouchers no payment details are required, so that would have been 2 vouchers down the drain.

On a lighter note, I noticed that the cinema was still quite busy despite it being the opening day of the new Cineworld. I mentioned this to a member of staff coming out and apparently they had some glitches down the new Cineworld and were forced to cancel some screenings.
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    I saw that people successfully sold the cinema tickets. Are any of the other things Lloyds is offering transferable?
  • Nicholas
    Options
    tryin wrote: »
    I saw that people successfully sold the cinema tickets. Are any of the other things Lloyds is offering transferable?

Don't quite understand the question, but you can pass the cinema tickets to someone else to use. Unofficially, you can sell them to someone else, but don't close your Lloyds account until after the expiry date of the tickets, or the buyer may be cross if they suddenly find vouchers they paid for are void.

What about the magazine subscription. That doesn't need to be transferrable. You can pass the magazine to whoever you want, before or after you have read it yourself.

Gourmet dining not too sure about.
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    The question was can I get the subscription etc. sent straight to a different address? Or put under someone else's name?
  • Nicholas
    Options
    tryin wrote: »
    The question was can I get the subscription etc. sent straight to a different address? Or put under someone else's name?

Club Lloyds Lifestyle Benefits Terms and Conditions
    16. Any Lifestyle Benefit will only be delivered to the address originally provided to Lloyds Bank when
    selecting to join Club Lloyds, unless amended or changed by you through Lloyds Bank.

I interpret that as a 'No'.
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    So how long does it take to get the bloody cinema tickets? i have been waiting 2 weeks now
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback