🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Club lloyds 'Lifestyle Benefits'

Options

Comments

• Missus_Hyde
    Options
    So how long does it take to get the bloody cinema tickets? i have been waiting 2 weeks now

Another poster put this useful information on the Lloyds Switching thread.
    The Cinema tickets or whatever you select are sent out 30 days after your account has been opened. I just phoned them and this is what they told me.
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • finspaniard
    Options
    Been selling mine every year, for the past few years on Shpock or Facebook. I always get at least £40. Ofcourse you could use ebay, if you're ok with paying the fee's & postage.
    Thanks! Never thought about it! And now both Cineworld and Vue are not very convenient for me.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've received a letter inviting me to register my preference for my newly opened Lloyds Club Current Account but I can't login following the advice. I think the problem is with password b/c using the sort code plus a/c number combo for 'username' that's generated a new random password via an email. But when copied and pasted in the (non-visible) area I'm still not recognised and cannot progress

Thnx in advance.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    This will not apply to everyone, but our Vue is being upgraded to all recliners. This morning I booked for Star Wars, and the price is going up from £4.99 to £7.99, (still cheaper than it used to be) and I was handed a £3 surcharge for each ticket because of this. I spoke to someone at Vue and this is it going forward - £3 surcharge for recliners. It was only a short while ago that we could bag a VIP seat upgrade free of charge, but now back to paying a surcharge for the only seats available.

My mind is made up: changing to Cineworld vouchers next year. 18 tickets x£3 = £54 compared to paying nothing for Cineworld (as things stand).

I'm surprised by this - my Vue moved to all seated recliners about two years ago and there has been no sign of a surcharge and you can still get a £4.99 ticket. I tend to buy a ticket online these days using the promotion code option.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Mee
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    I've received a letter inviting me to register my preference for my newly opened Lloyds Club Current Account but I can't login following the advice. I think the problem is with password b/c using the sort code plus a/c number combo for 'username' that's generated a new random password via an email. But when copied and pasted in the (non-visible) area I'm still not recognised and cannot progress

Thnx in advance.

So you've typed in following the example: sortcodeaccountnumber - no spaces, then used the password in the email or letter previously sent to you?
    Have you tried using Forgotten Your Password?
    Have you cleared your cache and/or used another browser?
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    I'm surprised by this - my Vue moved to all seated recliners about two years ago and there has been no sign of a surcharge and you can still get a £4.99 ticket. I tend to buy a ticket online these days using the promotion code option.

I spoke to the manager at Vue and he was sympathetic but said his hands were tied. Basically they are putting their prices up from £4.99 to £7.99 on 18th December. What's so special about this date??? Oh, yes, I remember, it's when Star Wars is coming. He thought it was a bit naughty too, but he is only the manager and his hands are tied. It was a very civil conversation and I even shook his hand at the end, but also made it quite clear that I would come and see Star Wars, enjoy it, and that would be the last time they would see me and I would be taking my business to Cineworld in future. (Hope the new cinema is good now I have burnt my bridges).

Meanwhile, I spoke to the company that manages the Club Lloyds benefits to give them the 'heads up' before too many people are ripped off. I was surprised when he was logging it as a complaint and forwarded the complaint to Lloyds Bank to deal with.

Well, just had a phone call from Lloyds Bank, and they are upholding the complaint. They are refunding the £6 I paid for the tickets and a further £30 for 'distress and inconvenience'. Wouldn't say I was distressed, just *iss*d off with Vue. So result. :T
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This will not apply to everyone, but our Vue is being upgraded to all recliners. This morning I booked for Star Wars, and the price is going up from £4.99 to £7.99, (still cheaper than it used to be) and I was handed a £3 surcharge for each ticket because of this. I spoke to someone at Vue and this is it going forward - £3 surcharge for recliners. It was only a short while ago that we could bag a VIP seat upgrade free of charge, but now back to paying a surcharge for the only seats available.

My mind is made up: changing to Cineworld vouchers next year. 18 tickets x£3 = £54 compared to paying nothing for Cineworld (as things stand).
    I don't quite understand what would be going on here, hopefully just a temporary mistake by that branch?

Some people buy these six tickets on eBay for £30+ presumably because they fully cover a Vue ticket price that's more than £4.99 where they live. They're not buying them at over £5 each to take £5 off a ticket but pay the rest.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Ashen wrote: »
    I don't quite understand what would be going on here, hopefully just a temporary mistake by that branch?

Some people buy these six tickets on eBay for £30+ presumably because they fully cover a Vue ticket price that's more than £4.99 where they live. They're not buying them at over £5 each to take £5 off a ticket but pay the rest.

To be clear, when Lloyds contacted me, I was told it was a computer 'glitch'. I think what happened is that Lloyds reimburse Vue for the ticket cost of £4.99 to our cinema, but because the price is rising to £7.99 on 18th December, and I was allowed to book that far in advance, Lloyds payments have not yet caught up with the price increase, hence the £3 surcharge per ticket. Once all the systems are updated the £7.99 tickets should be free again.
  • Mee
    edited 26 October 2019 at 12:31PM
    Options
    To be clear, when Lloyds contacted me, I was told it was a computer 'glitch'. I think what happened is that Lloyds reimburse Vue for the ticket cost of £4.99 to our cinema, but because the price is rising to £7.99 on 18th December, and I was allowed to book that far in advance, Lloyds payments have not yet caught up with the price increase, hence the £3 surcharge per ticket. Once all the systems are updated the £7.99 tickets should be free again.

Thanks for the Update. I had wondered whether you had contacted LLoyds.
    Do let us know how you get on at Cineworld.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Thanks for the Update. I had wondered whether you had contacted LLoyds.
    Do let us know how you get at Cineworld.

I'm off down Cineworld on Monday. I will report back sometime after that. Of course, my comments will relate to a specific Cineworld. Both Cineworld and Vue have new purpose built buildings and also older converted buildings and also some run-down buildings, so my comments won't be that helpful.

One thing I have noticed though, when looking at online bookings at our Cineworld, is that some rows/seats are always greyed out no matter which day or time you book. It can't be the case that these are ultra popular seats. It must be something else, like the seats are not ready yet or do not even exist yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure