Club lloyds 'Lifestyle Benefits'

Options

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another thing I like about Cineword already is that the online booking is superior to Vue insofar as your bookings are available to view on the app and online, something that is missing at Vue.

Also, you have the opportunity to cancel your e-tickets as long as you have not collected from Cinema and have a refund minus the booking fee.
    However, it would be interesting if a Club Lloyds booking is cancelled. You wouldn't lose the booking fee, because one isn't paid, or get any money back because the tickets were 'free', but what would happen to the Lloyds voucher codes? Would then suddenly become usable again? I don't normally book unless I am one hundred percent sure I can go, but it is an interesting one nonetheless.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    I think I'm beginning to have second thoughts about Cineworld. I've booked my tickets and I will try it out as it is only £3 on opening week, but I've decided I don't like the layout already.
    It seems that the entrance/exit doors are at the back of the screens, and I wanted to book a couple of seats in the back row because we're had more than our fair share of people behind us kicking our seats and making too much noise with sweet papers throughout the entire film, so we always try to sit in the back row.

So I was looking at a few of the showings for the new cinema and the back row was greyed out on ALL showings. I thought either it is very popular or something else is going on. I contacted the cinema and the back row is reserved for those with mobility issues so it seems on most occasions I will never be able to sit in the back row.

With our Vue, the entrance is down on the level, so to get to the back row you have to climb all the way up to the back, so the back row is the least accessible of the seats.

Early days, but I'm edging back towards Vue again, provided they have sorted out the pricing with Lloyds cinema vouchers.

This post has nothing to do with disabilities or disabled peeps, it's to do with the seating arrangements which will curtail my choice of seats everytime if I change to Cineworld.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Well, just returned home from Cineworld.

The new staff were really friendly and gave us a mini tour of the screens that were empty.

We enjoyed the film. The screen was quite big, the picture was good and the sound was excellent.

However, the screen was too hot, we had little legroom and the recliner seats were really uncomfortable and narrow. The recliners are manual and adjust by exerting a little more force into the seat and it goes back by itself. It is springloaded so ease off and the seat will come forward again. But I like the back of a chair to take my weight so I could not sit in it comfortably without it reclining on me. Being a wearer of varifocal glasses, in this position, I would be looking out of my reading prescription, so no good.
    I've already mentioned the legroom, but if we had someone in front of us reclining it would have been even worse - just like being economy on a plane, but without the space to put your feet under the seat in front.

So I enjoyed the film, but now I have backache. :o Thanks Cineworld.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    I had someone a bit higher up the chain in Vue call me today regarding the extra I was charged on my recliner seats (and subsequently refunded by Lloyds), and I was told their policy with Club Lloyds vouchers and recliner seats etc.

The policy is as follows:
    If you use your vouchers for a Vue with a mixture of seats, VIP seats and recliners, you get the seats and VIP seats free of charge but pay a surcharge on the recliners

If you use your vouchers for a Vue that has nothing but recliner seats you get the recliner for free.

This is what I would have expected and it shows some common sense. He confirmed that I was charged because I booked so far in advance for Star Wars on the day that our Vue is raising prices from £4.99 to £7.99.
  • alacarte
    Options
    I've had two Club Lloyds accounts and have decided to close my current one. While the fee-free £100.00 overdraft is nice - the lifestyle benefits aren't really worth it. If you want a fee-paying account with better benefits I, personally, would reccomend a NatWest or RBS Rewards account.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alacarte wrote: »
    I've had two Club Lloyds accounts and have decided to close my current one. While the fee-free £100.00 overdraft is nice - the lifestyle benefits aren't really worth it. If you want a fee-paying account with better benefits I, personally, would reccomend a NatWest or RBS Rewards account.

Not for us.

We do not do digital/mobile banking.

We like the cinema tickets.

The monthly fee is always credited back on our accounts.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    I spoke to the manager at Vue and he was sympathetic but said his hands were tied. Basically they are putting their prices up from £4.99 to £7.99 on 18th December. What's so special about this date??? Oh, yes, I remember, it's when Star Wars is coming. He thought it was a bit naughty too, but he is only the manager and his hands are tied. It was a very civil conversation and I even shook his hand at the end, but also made it quite clear that I would come and see Star Wars, enjoy it, and that would be the last time they would see me and I would be taking my business to Cineworld in future. (Hope the new cinema is good now I have burnt my bridges).

Meanwhile, I spoke to the company that manages the Club Lloyds benefits to give them the 'heads up' before too many people are ripped off. I was surprised when he was logging it as a complaint and forwarded the complaint to Lloyds Bank to deal with.

Well, just had a phone call from Lloyds Bank, and they are upholding the complaint. They are refunding the £6 I paid for the tickets and a further £30 for 'distress and inconvenience'. Wouldn't say I was distressed, just *iss*d off with Vue. So result. :T

Further update on this: It appears that our Vue has done a u-turn and is going to keep its prices at £4.99 after all. I just had an email from them and I have been identified as one that has "paid" £7.99 a ticket way in advance for seats that are now selling for £4.99 each. They have given me two complimentary QR codes to exchange for two tickets in the cinema. Who would have thought that having been charged £6 for two Club Lloyds tickets that not only have I got my £6 back from Lloyds, but £30 compensation and now two further tickets from Vue worth £9.98. And to think all I really wanted back was the £6 I shouldn't have paid for the tickets in the first place..........
  • Andrea_jardin
    Options
    hi, are the rakuten tv movies any good?
  • oldagetraveller1
    Options

Have a look on Rakuten's website to see what's available for rental. https://rakuten.tv/uk  The Club Lloyds voucher is worth £5. Any films costing more require the difference to be paid.
    I opted for this "benefit" and have now used four monthly vouchers. Received October's on the first.
    Many of the films are also available on other platforms for which the monthly or annual fee includes e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime.
    I made the mistake of not checking that first! I'm at a loss now deciding which to use the voucher on because of many being available, and inclusive, elsewhere.

• pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Have a look on Rakuten's website to see what's available for rental. https://rakuten.tv/uk  The Club Lloyds voucher is worth £5. Any films costing more require the difference to be paid.
    I opted for this "benefit" and have now used four monthly vouchers. Received October's on the first.
    Many of the films are also available on other platforms for which the monthly or annual fee includes e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime.
    I made the mistake of not checking that first! I'm at a loss now deciding which to use the voucher on because of many being available, and inclusive, elsewhere.

I recommend Justwatch, it does make it easier to find films on your subscriptions.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback