PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House Selling - Money Saving Tips

Options

Comments

• EAFD.com
    Options
    In reply to Luke_Skywalker_1980:

there is another way..

comparison sites have generally only helped consumers compare and save money on financial products. But this year has seen a new entrant in the estate agency fees sector.Now in UK (as in Australia), you can search select and compare estate agents prior to instructing one or more. With our own service you can go a step further and request a no-obligation quote from a local agent. The site lists both free and paid listings from over 14,000 local offices.

This allows you really get a good idea of costs not from just a property sales service but include HIPs, conveyancing and survey quotes if you think an all-in one solution from 1 agent could be the answer.

Once you receive quotes/contact from your chosen agents both independants and national groups you can evaluate which quote suits and saving on combined fees.

A simple example could be receiving a quote from 2 high street agents both asking 1.25% but one of them will include a HIP.

This is a new concept but there are already services such as Reallymoving (Removals Quotes) and Localsurveysors which allow you to request a quote from multiple providers before committing.

Hope this helps.

About to but my house on the market even though it is the worst time possible but we need more space and have seen a house we dont want to miss out on. Anyway, have had 3 agents round, fees from 1.25% to 1.5%. I plan to haggle, but have just read about online agents such as housenetwork.co.uk does anyone have advise on these? I am really strapped for cash so this could save me serious money, but I have never heard of them before. Do you get a board? Can you ring them or is it 100% online?

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • Polly_Pod
    Options
    janey_uk - i have sent you a PM :D
    2010 - nothing as we emigrated to Australia!!! :j
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi... a quick question relating to multiagent selling...what fees are there other than the percentage sale fee? Aren't you going to be paying several times this way, or do agents ONLY charge anything once the property has sold?
  • Democrat_2
    Options
    Can somebody offer any advice please. I am looking to put a property on the market that I have inherited as a result of a deceased relative.

The only reason I am looking to put it on the market it to ascertain the market value so that I can then sell it to my daughter for the price that somebody is willing to pay for it. How can I keep estate agent fees to a minimum? I appreciate there will be some sort of fee to pay

If somebody knows a work around how I might be able to do this without paying any fees at all I would be very greatful
  • feeta
    feeta Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    If you're selling to your daughter, couldn't you get a few estate agents in to value the property and then sell it to youur daughter for the average price the EA's give?

You then wouldnt need to pay EA's fees, only the solicitors fees for documents and transfer of monies etc.
  • samsmart_2
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Was just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a home information pack from the estate agents have told me prices but i know you can get them cheaper just dont know where to start, i know some solicitors wont take the cheap versions but also don't want to end up paying the earth for no reason

Thanks
    Sam
  • ChuckleVision_2
    Options
    Hello. I'm selling my house myself (well having a go first anyway).

Does any one have any useful tips for me?

I have made a website (stampdutyfree.com) and got a solicitor ready once I get a buyer.

Is there anyway of getting on to RightMove with out using an agent?

Thanks.
  • JennaBurke15
    Options
    See what service you get over a week or so as a buyer - that way you’ll get an idea of how they will market and present your property.

This is one of the best tip I've ever learned about find an agent. Will keep this in mind, especially now that I'm about to sell my home to help add funds to a resto biz I'm planning to build. Thanks a bunch!
  • sam81_2
    Options
    With today's economy any kind of tips is helpful.... you have given a lot of info and tips thank you for that.. keep updating.
  • Tommok
    Tommok Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    A couple of silly questions - I'm a newbie to this!

What is the deal with buying a HIP online - I assume they still send an agent around to look at the property?

I've heard some stories about cheapo ones not being accepted by solicitors - is this true?

Has anyone got any sites they have used and can recommend for a HIP please?

Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure