PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

House Selling - Money Saving Tips

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    staffsnat wrote: »
    In the present economic climate, has anyone here looked into the possibilities of house swapping? We've had our appartment on the market since Sept and still no movement, I'm just wondering if swapping is the way to go and if so, how to go about it?
    I think it's a good idea. I reckon you would go about it in the normal way, ie appoint a conveyancer. The 'consideration' instead of being a monetary value would be the respective properties. Or, it could be property plus an amount of money, ie if the swaps were deemed to be not of equal value.
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    Just read this article, and it looks like things are slightly more encouraging now. Probably a good moment to hang onto that variable mortgage!

http://money.sky.com/mp/features/news/2009/05/12/House-price-fall-begins-to-slow.html
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Skintoff_McFlintoff
    Options
    A friend of mine sold their house that they owned in Spain straight away. They used this website they had heard of called Secret2sellingProperty dot com. Apparently the people that told them about it were really happy with it. They thought it was a con at first but it guarantees their money back if they hadn´t sold their house within 60 days so they tried it and sold their house almost instantly. I dont have a property to sell (thank god) but thought i would pass the information on.

Hope it works for you too!
  • techmax76
    techmax76 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    What a brilliant idea in saving for marketing expenses. I will surely use this tactic because currently were selling a property.
  • Leigh2505
    Leigh2505 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hello - Wonder if I could ask for some advice.

OH and I are considering selling our house. We've had 3 valuations and have decided to go with one of two. One of the estate agents has a house up for sale on our street, at approx £9K more than ours. They also have 23 properties in the area uin the price range we'd be selling for. The other estate agent has 2 properties in the price range.

Should we go with the EA who is selling the same one on the street or should we go with the 2nd EA? This is our first time selling a property so not sure which is the best way to turn.

Thank you
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    There's a general increase of confidence in the housing market, according to Sky Money (http://money.sky.com/mp/features/news/2009/06/17/Confidence-grows-in-housing-market.html), so I'd definitely go with the highest offer.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :spam: from recessionxxxxxx.com poster

Usrename and post reported

That username wont be here for long spam merchant
  • kippen_noedel
    Options
    :spam:

8 posts so far & ALL Spam
  • wishiwas
    wishiwas Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 July 2009 at 2:10PM
    Options
    How did you get on with this - i am in a similar position with wanting a quick and painless sale.

Sorry for clairification this was in response to posting by Carling
  • Maryann_2
    Options
    This is my first time using a forum but could anyone tell me if they have used one of the online HIP's pack providers? My agent has offered one for £275 but online the prices are between £135 and £175. Any advice will be gratefully received.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure