PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House Selling - Money Saving Tips

Options

Comments

• davidboon
    Options
    Thanks for such a informative and resourceful tips regarding house selling and money saving tips
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure.
  • frowner
    frowner Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Just interested to know if anyone has had any success with private sales in the current market?

Thanks
  • Topaz_3
    Topaz_3 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hello. I'm selling my house myself (well having a go first anyway).

Does any one have any useful tips for me?

I have made a website (stampdutyfree.com) and got a solicitor ready once I get a buyer.

Is there anyway of getting on to RightMove with out using an agent?

Thanks.

I'm also thinking of selling my flat privately so would be grateful for any advice.
    Many thanks
  • i_like_shoes
    Options
    I'm lookin to sell this year and trying to see how much it costs to sell & buy....

1 cost which will be cheaper ... my brother does the HIP :-)
  • john234_2
    john234_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the tips much appreciated.
    :jPropertyBanker.co.uk
  • Newbie23
    Newbie23 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All, desperatly trying to sell my house quickly and had a few viewings to no avail. Had a letter through the door today from a company called move-makers Basic scenario they will buy your house at a 'reasonable' price and push things through quickly. I know the systems dodgy and under paid. Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of this company and/or experience of them. As im getting desperate!

Cheers
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apparently, if you sell your house without putting it on the open market, you don't need a HIP, but you do need an EPC.

As I am selling my house to a family member I am told I do not need to provide a full home information pack. Will I still have to provide an energy performance certificate? J.D., Oxford

Andy Knee, managing director of property services business LMS, replies:
    I can confirm that you don't need to produce a home information pack (Hip) for 'private sales' such as yours where the property is not put on the open market.
    However, since 1 October 2008 homes sold without marketing will still require an energy performance certificate (EPC) to be produced before exchange of contracts.
    This requirement is covered by sections 3 and 5 of the Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007.
    Simon Moon from This is Money adds: An EPC will rate your home's energy efficiency from A to G (high to low) and include an estimate of what the rating would be and how much money you could save each year if recommended improvements were carried out.
    You are not obliged to carry out any of the work the inspector may recommend.
    You should expect to pay about £100 to £200 for an energy performance certificate depending on the size of your home.
    Energy efficiency grants are available to homeowners on certain state benefits to help them make energy saving improvements.

Here's a link to that story:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/ask-an-expert/mortgages/article.html?in_article_id=482985&in_page_id=109
  • robberbutton
    Options
    carling wrote: »
    I am hoping to sell a house I have inherited shortly and was wondering if anybody had used one of these people who advertise to give a valuation on the property and buy your house quickly without filling in HIP or estate agent's fees and they will pay your legal fees.

Hi Carling, I looked at these companies months ago - at the time our flat was on for £185,000 and they were offering around £140,000, so I decided to stick with an Estate Agent.

Unfortunately for me, 9 months later that's exactly what our flat has just been sold for, except plus Estate Agents and legal fees etc. Need to get one of those darn crystal balls. :rolleyes:

I don't know what they would have been like if we had actually gone with them, but if you think it might take ages to sell your house, and if you think prices are going to drop loads still, then it's worth looking into.
    Go to the ant, thou sluggard
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    It's a bad market currently, my estate agent mate has been advising everyone to take the first offer within 10% of your asking price...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • staffsnat
    Options
    In the present economic climate, has anyone here looked into the possibilities of house swapping? We've had our appartment on the market since Sept and still no movement, I'm just wondering if swapping is the way to go and if so, how to go about it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback