PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House Selling - Money Saving Tips

Options

Comments

• Optimisticpair
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    Tey don't tell you that the prices are negotiable jenner, or they'd do themselves out of money. If you don't ask, you don't get.

That said, I'm a great advocate of housenetwork as long as you can take responsibilty for the pricing of your own house. It's not being valued by agents out to draw you in by overvaluing so you must watch the market for what is selling and at what price and be able to look objectively at your own property.

There's nowt selling here but then all the properties that were on the market here and were my competition back last year are all still on the market. I feel we took advantage by pricing ourselves well against them, sold, completed and are now watching their prices drop below the price that we asked and got. I think if they'd priced themselves better in the first place, they'd have seen themselves sold at better prices. Our house was of course, far better than anything they had to offer anyway :D

I think it is also a good plan if you are using an Estate Agent to do your own research before you get a valuer in. I never thought I would have a good word to say about EA's, having done this buy and sell once before, but ours gave us a realistic idea of a price to sell at.

As you found so have we. A drop from an attractive asking price to secure a cash buyer looks to be better for us than potentially waiting for months and having to reduce the price even lower than this later.
    No longer half of Optimisticpair

• katie1968
    katie1968 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can now sell you house for a fixed fee of £999, no matter what the value of your house is. If you go to Wow Property they have a calculator on their front page telling you how much you will be saving. They are a National Company who use Local Agents as opposed to branches therefore saving consumers thousands of pounds in Estate Agents Fees.

www.wowproperty.co.uk
    Cabot Finance (Barclaycard) £3391, Capital One - £3237, GE Money Loan - £710, O/D - £3000
    RBS Charging Order - £27.900, Mortgage - £163,167 (Interest Free)
    TARGET - Pay of CC's and overpay Loan, then attack O/D, then save money to make an offer on RBS and finally overpay mortgage when all other debts are cleared.
    :A:money::j
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    katie1968 wrote: »
    You can now sell you house for a fixed fee of £999, no matter what the value of your house is. If you go to Wow Property they have a calculator on their front page telling you how much you will be saving. They are a National Company who use Local Agents as opposed to branches therefore saving consumers thousands of pounds in Estate Agents Fees.

www.wowproperty.co.uk

House Network is £500 cheaper
  • MissyMAD
    MissyMAD Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone looked at new house builds that offer 100% part exchange?

I want to sell my house in Leeds and wondered which builders were offering 100% part exchange on their new builds?

Any information is kindly received.
  • eglons
    eglons Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    House Network is £500 cheaper
    and 5 years older and wiser!
  • gran_2
    Options
    Hi, has anyone had experience of those people who offer to buy your house - they state it will be below current market value. My friend can't sell his house - it's really the sort of house sold to first time buyers, and the buyers can't get mortgages. He wants to sell up, move into rented accommodation to free him up for moving abroad. Thanks
  • IHS88
    IHS88 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Katy

By any chance do you work for wowproperty?

1st post on the forum and you're recommending a business.....
  • IHS88
    IHS88 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gran

I work in property and have come across lots of companies that offer to buy your property below market value.
    The number of these "quick cash for property companies" has drastically fallen in recent months due to the slump.

The companies that are left will want a hefty discount, at least 30% below its true value. They are offering these figures as they are factoring in further price falls and of course some profit.

There are national companies buying and there are local companies buying. Tell your friend to get quotes from both. Often the local operator who knows their own patch better than the national will pay a little more.

Best of luck, I know its very frustrating.
  • DarkKnight28
    Options
    From what I have read, about 10% of US and canada homes are sold provately, either through friends' referrals or through the private property websites. When you're selling a house for 400k and therefore paying 2% fees (£8000), people should really try the private route as well. I sold mine through one cos my estate agent was USELESS, and i was doing most of my own viewings anyway - it's only like using Auto Trader.
  • prioryred
    Options
    Hi

I trying to sell my house and its bloody hard at the moment trying to find a buyer. I've been hitting the internet all day looking for some advice and anwers and reading various threads on this and other websites. Just seen an unusual website ilikeyourstreet which might be of interest to others looking for a a possible buyer looking to buy in your neck of woods. If you haven't started marketing yet you could even avoid paying for a HIP.

Does anyone have any other useful sites I can look at today?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback