PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House Selling - Money Saving Tips

Options

Comments

• saxy1
    saxy1 Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    post referred to removed
  • minx2130
    Options
    Thanks for that, whish i had read it back in March when i stupidly tied myself in for 6 months with my agent! I can't get out of it until August and am now thinking about renting out my property but have been told i cant do this until i am released from the tie!
    I feel like my house isn't my own!!
    AGHHHHH
  • Financial_Savvy
    Options
    A 6 month contract with a EA?
  • puddy
    puddy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    Options
    well i just signed up with housenetwork this week and they are sending someone round next wednesday to do the photos and floor plan, ive paid up front but they reckon that they advertise on rightmove which is what i wanted, then tonight ive been looking at private sale sites, i think i'll use houseladder
    im hoping that one online estate agents and one private sale site should be ok

i was quoted 1.5% by a local estate agent as sole agency, god knows what it would be as multi agency, i didnt get the impression that it was negotiable but then i didnt ask
  • puddy
    Options
    Hi new here but been receiving Martins Email for some time.

Does anyone have any experience of hatched.co.uk for selling their house? Looking for good or bad reviews, they could potentially save me £3900!!:j

Thank you for your time

i found that site this evening, but have already signed on with an online estate agent so i cant see the point in doing 2, they look about the same as housenetwork
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tey don't tell you that the prices are negotiable jenner, or they'd do themselves out of money. If you don't ask, you don't get.

That said, I'm a great advocate of housenetwork as long as you can take responsibilty for the pricing of your own house. It's not being valued by agents out to draw you in by overvaluing so you must watch the market for what is selling and at what price and be able to look objectively at your own property.

There's nowt selling here but then all the properties that were on the market here and were my competition back last year are all still on the market. I feel we took advantage by pricing ourselves well against them, sold, completed and are now watching their prices drop below the price that we asked and got. I think if they'd priced themselves better in the first place, they'd have seen themselves sold at better prices. Our house was of course, far better than anything they had to offer anyway :D
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    minx2130 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, whish i had read it back in March when i stupidly tied myself in for 6 months with my agent! I can't get out of it until August and am now thinking about renting out my property but have been told i cant do this until i am released from the tie!
    I feel like my house isn't my own!!
    AGHHHHH

If you are not on the market, you are not on the market. If you are not selling, they can't sell your house. Take your house from the market and do what you want with it on the lettings side. The contract you have is for selling the house, not letting it!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • puddy
    Options
    thanks doozergirl, i think flats like mine are going for about 240, so my plan was to put it on for 235 to attract interest as they say. i have just spent months, and money, redecorating, putting in a new bathroom, radiators and flooring, so theres nothing to be done with it at all, fingers crossed someone is able to buy it
  • AndyC23
    AndyC23 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I want to put my property for sale and my estate agent wants £390 up front for this HIP. Is this HIP that expensive, I am sure my agent is trying to make a lot of it. Help me to get a cheaper HIP and also do I need a HIP if I market online?
  • puddy
    Options
    i went with hipsdirect if thats any help, they are cheaper than the price you're quoting, mine was 320 for leasehold, its much cheaper for freehold. couldnt tell you about the quality though, i wouldnt have a clue and to be honest, couldnt care less either, i see them as a complete waste of money
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback