WARNING - Using Credit Card at Interflora Online

Options

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why not send the flowers by taxi, go to your local flower shop/green grocer buy the flowers and call a taxi to have them delivered?
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • Swans1912
    Swans1912 Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    Options
    As a customer who if buying flowers would use Interflora I can now say after reading this thread I would never use them again.

I'll do what I should of done in the first place and go somewhere local, bypassing the 'criminals' at Interflora.
  • UK007BullDog
    UK007BullDog Posts: 2,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used them as well a couple of weeks ago to send flowers internationally. I also got the discount voucher. Now I am worried and I will email and call them to stop taking my money from my card. Barclaycard are very good about getting ones money back. I wish I would have found this thread much earlier.

This should be reported to watchdog and trading standards. I mean this thread is over 6 months old and the cheats are still at it.
  • lunasaver
    lunasaver Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got caught out by this too when I bought a £4 ticket from Nat Express.

They were offering £10 off your next ticket. I was stung for 2 payments and asked for a refund, the guy was helpful but when he said thats fine so we'll give you a discount of £8, I said was that the only payment? He said oh would you like the other reinbursed so you'd like £16?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of course!!!!!!

but it was relatively easy I must say.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get anything out of a site that charges you £8 a month?

Thanks again for this thread

LS
    February challenge £147.82/145
    March challenge £217.78/£155:j
  • meiradeco
    Options
    i have not ordered from interflora but have had this charge added to my bank credit card.

I am usually very careful about these things and do not sign up for any services unless i am sure they are kosher. Where else could they have got my details.
  • Mike276
    Options
    Just found Shopper Discounts charges on my statement, same method, but this following payment to Easyjet for flight. Payment was authorised to Easyjet and to no-one else: as far as I am concerned this money has been taken without authority - theft - and I have asked for a refund. I am forwarding my complaint to local Trading Standards, and also to Easyjet: you're entitled to believe that a listed company will not be endorsing or associated with this type of underhand business.
    PS Credit where it may be due: SD have emailed promising to refund the charges within 3-5 days. Let's see! Only auto-response from Easyjet explaining how I might have become signbed up. Let's see if they drop SD as partner in view of underhand tactics.
  • Ashton_Bham
    Options
    Like many others it would appear I have been hit with an £8 charge on my Mastercard as a result of ticking a box on the interflora sight last March accepting the offer of a £10 discount on my next order. I did not receive any email confirmation of this offer or any information via any other route from shopdiscount or interflora. Shame upon me for never checking my card statements until this week. I have £120 of charges billed as shopdisc.co.uk. I contacted my cardholder MBNA who contacted shopdisc directly for me and then put me on the phone to them. The person I then spoke to was about usual call centre standard (poor English) and proceeded to speak to me like I was some lucky customer in receipt of the great service shopdisc provide telling me that I was eligable to discounts on many brands. I have not received any discounts anywhere. Not surprising considering I did not know I was part of this offer, or should I say scam. I asked for a refund in very direct language and was told that I had agreed to the charges. She went on to say that when on the interflora site I would have not only ticked a box but given all my details again and clearly been told what I was getting in to. I no recollection of that at all. I threatened legal auction and said that I felt the debits amounted to fraud. Asking again for a refund this time was met with agreement. I was given a reference number and told that the card would be credited with a series of £8 payments. I was also promised an email confirmation - this has not arrived yet (24hrs later). I was told to expect a refund within 7 days.
    I will post again with further news.

I will not buy flowers from interflora again. I appreciate the businesses this may hurt are local small traders, but feel I have register my disgust somehow. How a respected and long standing business can allow this activity in their name is beyond me. They deserve to go bust having lost all credibility.
  • UK007BullDog
    UK007BullDog Posts: 2,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like many others it would appear I have been hit with an £8 charge on my Mastercard as a result of ticking a box on the interflora sight last March accepting the offer of a £10 discount on my next order.

I checked my statements and no charges on there, phewwww......

At the end of the flower purchase a new window popped up stating if I enter details I will get a £10 discount on the next order. Due to pure luck my friend was here and we were planning to go out shopping and time was tight I never clicked on it and also thought that next time I would call up a local flower shop and order flowers direct there to send to my mom and I would pay less for much nicer flowers.

That is why I had no charges on my CC for this scam. So be careful what you click on especially if they promise a big discount.

The other thing I would like to mention is that my mom send me a photo of her "flowers". I spent over £40 for something I could have bought at Tescos for £15 to £20. I will from now on call a flower shop in her town and order flowers there. All one has to do is google for a local shop in the area. I will never use any of those international flower shops again. Total rip off.

In fact I have the ump with a lot of online shops lately, since the credit crunch began one is being ripped off, sending rotten food (Tesco) or charging more for the shop than was ordered by handing out larger pieces of meat and the prices are not even close to what is on the website, or always upgrading to the more expensive branded food, not honoring the discounts, items missing, items squashed up Mixing tinned stuff with delicates like apples and bananas. I will now get my backside out of bed again and go shopping directly myself again and actually save money.
  • angieb58
    angieb58 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    As a recent interflora customer,feb.08 I too,have fallen foul of this SCAM.Tried contacting by phone number given ,but it wasn't recognised first attempt and second attempt they hung up!The Intrflora order I placed was for a berevement, I was in a vunerable, and emotional state of mind in which these two companies took advantage and,"picked my pocket", as it where!The webloyalty have said, via e-mail ,that I'll be refunded?!I'm almost sure I refused this offer at the point of sale of the flowers!
  • sarah_jason_3
    Options
    I have been keeping a close eye on my credit card statement this month. (Bit lazy, don't usually bother) and discovered.... guess what? £8 to shopdisc. When I rang my card provider they informed me that this was the 3rd payment that had gone out.
    With considerable research and after reading this blog I have managed to trace my "£10 voucher" back to Easyjet.
    I have emailed shopdisc to ask for a refund as others have neen successful so here's hoping!!
    Thanks to all on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport