WARNING - Using Credit Card at Interflora Online

Options

Comments

• napoleon
    napoleon Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    They must have made millions out of this scam so far. Most people won't notice or won't complain about it.
  • luds_2
    Options
    i fully agree with ya,its a con,ive only just looked at my statement and realised they are doing it to me,to where they have made me go over drawn on my account,so i will now be charged a daily and monthly fee,dont worry im acting on it now and thats all down to you,so a big thanx and i will let u no ow i get on.
  • elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    I think the heat must be on these people as I got an email from them within 15 minutes of telling them I was reporting them to VISA. I still can't figure out how they got my details as I've never got anything from Interflora. I've told them I want at least a years payment refunded but to be honest I have no idea how long I've been paying this (shame on me I know!)
  • elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATE: 8months of payments refunded yesterday. Still don't know how these people got my details as I have never ordered anything from Interflora. I think people should name & shame the companies involved
  • jim11115
    jim11115 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have also been robbed of £8 by this shopper discount scheme. I am lucky that when I used interflora I paid a reloadable cash card - not a debit card linked to my bank account. I have not reloaded the card since, so they can't take any more money. I purchased flowers from interflora in april '07- then this £8 is taken from my card in march '08

This "shopper discount" scheme had the cheek to send me an email showing my membership number and showing my details - address etc on their site. I can't even log on to it to remove them - I don't know the password. I have contacted them by email to ask where they got my details. If I get a reply and confirmation - I am reporting interflora to trading standards.
  • Mononoke
    Options
    Yesterday I noticed on my credit card statement that two amounts of £8 had been paid from my account to a company unknown to me - Shopper Discounts(SD) with a description of '0808 234 1539'. I googled it and found this thread and contacted my credit card provider, Bank of Scotland, immediately. It transpires that the number is a free phone contact number.

I phoned
    SD and demanded an explanation. It appears that in my case my financial details had been given to SD by allposters.co.uk. SD emailed me telling me that I had given them my email address (true - I thought I was claiming a £10 discount that allposters had promised) and yes, I came to a screen that said if I joined I would be paying an £8 monthly fee ... at which point I thought, what a bloomin cheek! this is just an internet scam; I'm never going to use allposters again and clicked away WITHOUT agreeing to the offer and not thinking any more of it.

The state of play now is that after a couple of emails they informed me, "
    we have issued five refunds of 8.00 pounds each for the membership fees you were billed".... this did rather take the wind out of my angry sails, but I still felt compelled to tell them that I thought that this practice between themselves and allposters.co.uk is "at best, sharp practice and at worst, an internet scam" ... I'm sure they were so upset that they cried all the way to their off-shore bank!

I agree with a previous posting that Shopper Discounts, shopdisc.co.uk etc will profit off passive members. So be assertive if it happens to you because (assuming I actually get the refund!) they do seem to deal with refunds quickly after they have told you it was your stupid fault!!! There is also another lengthy US thread that has picked up on this company that goes back to 2006! http://leblog.exuberance.com/2006/03/why_does_wlisho.html

• Uncle_Odge
    Options
    Hi - here is another one caught by this - I only found out by accident because I accepted a £10 Voucher from Expedia and noticed in time that there would be an ongoing £8 monthly charge to shoppersdiscountsandrewards scam - so managed to cancel it in time. Then found that £8 was taken out of my credit card account by SHOPPERS DISCOUNTS 0808 234 1539 SCAM. On tracking this down in turned out that my wife had bought some flowers in Interflora a year ago and we had lost 11 amounts of £8 - (OK so I know I should be buying my wife the flowers and should check my credit card statements more thoroughly). Further research on the internet shows that Interflora more or less automatically register you with shoppersdiscountsandrewards scam without getting the appropriate authority from the user and by passing their credit card details to a third party - in my opinion this must be illegal - shoppersdiscountsandrewards interflora illegal scam - I would call it - though I am not a lawyer. Anyway I called the number I received in an email from my accepted cancellation and got them to cancel my wife's subscription as well - then attempted to get my bank to refund me for fraudulent transactions - they didn't want to know because they argued the user must have opted into the subscription - whereas in fact the user just failed to opt out of the scam. Eventually phoned 0808 234 1539 shoppers discounts and rewards scam again and got them to agree to refund the 11 payments. I will be looking out for the refunds on my next credit card statement. It seems if the customer is assertive enough (not necessarily rude or angry) then they will give refunds, especially if you hint at legal action, trading standards, watchdog etc.

My wife has also written to Interflora Scam telling them that she will never deal with them again - here is our advice Never Deal With Interflora with their Shoppers Discounts and Rewards Scam.
  • virgo149
    virgo149 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    I'm yet another one caught out by this with Interflora. Knowing I had another order to place within the timeframe for the free £10 off I clicked the link. Now this was last year so I honestly can't remember what I had to fill in.

Thankfully, I saw the £8 charge on the first payment and rang them and got it cancelled - don't think I got a refund though.

The only positive is that I did use the £10 cashback - I sent my next Interflora invoice and they sent a cheque by return so at least I made £2 out of them!

I'm a small print freak and if I ever thought I would have to sign up to this site to use the voucher I would have just moved on. Come on Interflora, this 'offer' is incredibly misleading, you really should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • greatsite_2
    Options
    I brought flowers from interflora this week, I did click on the link for ten pound off next order but filled in no details, wonder if I have been done, will be keeping a close eye on my statment

thanks for the warning
  • sjc_2
    sjc_2 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Should warn people about using Interflora full stop, IMHO poor quality & quantity for the extremely high price you pay. Which is because there are too many people in the chain taking a percentage of your money before the end Florist gets his money for the actual flowers.

Easiest way I find is to do a search on the Internet for Florists local to where I want to send flowers to, see if there are any recommendations or reviews of the store and call them direct to order. Get a hell of a lot better value for money this way.
    Cheers
    Steve
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family