WARNING - Using Credit Card at Interflora Online

Options

Comments

• sarah_jason_3
    Options
    greatsite wrote: »
    I brought flowers from interflora this week, I did click on the link for ten pound off next order but filled in no details, wonder if I have been done, will be keeping a close eye on my statment

thanks for the warning

Check your emails including your junk mail. If you have signed up there should be some cranky email from them with all the small print about the monthly subscription. Found mine tonight.... that was sent in February and never read as I thought it was rubbish.
  • babyharry5
    babyharry5 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    icegixer wrote: »
    it gets worse i am £140 down vista print have done the same to me but they sign you up to two companys vprewards and clubprem they take £9.95 a month each both have been taking money from my card since i ordered cards from vista print in march i have contacted tescos who i had also taken out card protection from thay say i wont get my money back!!! they also say that lots more companys are doing this and it is legal another case of the little people loosing out

Hi
    same happened to me from Vistaprint - ordered cheap business cards and then at the end after transaction gone through they ask you to complete a questionnaire and as a thank-you you will receive discounts etc what you are actually doing is signing up to £9.95 a month
    I spoke to them and she cancelled it straightaway and i received refund - robbing dogs!:mad:
  • sdunc65
    Options
    I actually remember a pop-up on their website after placing an order offering a £10 discount of my next order on mothers day. I do remember being interested because I would use interflora a few times a year, but I read the ad and decided against it because there was a catch, can't remember what it was though, but I do remember it was misleading! Its probable that it involved a subscription. I also remember seeing the offer in an email. Do you have a log in account with interflora? It maybe you inadvertently clicked something and as a member, interflora have automatically passed your details on.
  • AnalgesiaCollective
    Options
    I was scammed too after booking tickets with National Express. Felt really stupid as I thought only idiots got caught by these sort of things!

However, after a quick phone call they said I'd get a refund easily. So easily it's suspicious. And I've just checked my credit card account and the money's been refunded.

I have complained to Watchdog and OFT (https://ssl.certifiedmail.com/(S(lcuuveqsvclbpo45km0qdv45))/form.aspx?co=699&frm=feedbackform&ri=LR&to=feedback) and I urge everyone else to as well.

And, for those of you who've had difficulty getting your money back here's the personal email addresses of the person I dealt with who was very efficient:

Karen.Tomas@webloyalty.com
  • miningmaven
    Options
    there seems to be two threads running on this subject - this what i posted last weekend on the other thread. There must be thousands of people being scammed by this racket.
    what i have learned since is that the companies involved (easyjet, interflora etc) rake off half the charge - £4 per month. How crooked do you have to be?? this is worse than the premium rate tv phone vote scam.
    I am talking to an investigative journalist this weekend to try and get the story out their - may need to count on some support from people here. Can I ask for that??

Cheers
    Maven

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=819869&page=5

Cant believe the nerve of this lot.

This is type of opt-out scam was big in the eighties with banks and insurance schemes and I honestly thought it had been run out of town by Trading Standards.

I innocently claimed my £10 cashback from easyjet. They get you to give your credit card and give you some reassuring blurb along the lines that they need it for the purpose of giving you cash back...

Because I trusted easyjet i filled it in. There was nowhere in that application that told you specifically that you were going to be paying £8 per month for the service. If it was mentioned, it was buried in small print and certainly not detailed as a consideration of receiving the £10 cash back.

I only just noticed the £8 debited today as I was paying my credit card bill online.

I will be speaking to someone tomorrow at my card company (morgan stanley owned by Goldfish) and also shoppers discount direct.

I am also livid with easyjet.com. They are in the Airline business and should stick to what they do.
    As far as I’m concerned they are equally culpable for facilitating this scam.

This is going to back fire on them something stupid.

Firstly I intend to contactSaad Hammad, Chief Commercial Officer of Easyjet to let him know in no uncertain terms how disgusted I am with their involvement and ask him for more details of their commercial relationship with shoppers discount – If my suspicions are correct I have a sneaky feeling that they also get a cut of the £8 per month. We shall see.

His details are here:

London Luton Airport
    Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 9LS

United Kingdom

Phone: 44 15 8244 3330

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/About/Information/infopack_keypersonnel.html

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=8675429&capId=2089681&previous CapId=2089681&previousTitle=easyJet%20plc

Anyone else who feels as strongly as I do I suggest you do the same.

This is really not about getting a refund of what you have been scammed out of - its about driving this crooked practice out of the market.

The sooner this is picked up by trading standards and watchdog the better.

Needless to say i will be doing my bit.

Miningmaven
  • edindie
    edindie Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    (morgan stanley owned by Goldfish)
    :eek: :eek:

:rotfl:
  • pinkribbon
    Options
    http://www.shopperdiscountscs.com/cs-shopper-discountsuk.asp
    I too got ripped off a few years ago by Shoppers Discounts after buying flowers from Interflora.Two lots of £8 was removed from my account, so I froze the account and found out where my money had gone.I never had a reply or refund from them!
    A website that I visit had a thread on there suggesting you sign up to some company in order to get good discounts on your online shopping with shops like Asda and Interflora.But I wont use it, once bitten and all that.
    http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/

I warned other posters not to, and I recommended this site.My husband has found this website to be very helpful, so big thanks to you for that Martyn & gang.
    If your going to buy flowers, go to the big supermarkets.Morrisons have had awards for theirs, or to a small local florist and pay in cash.
    I learnt the hard way.:rolleyes:
  • JEVS_2
    Options
    Thetrainline.com is also involved with shoppersdiscount. I signed up for the £10 voucher, but only realised the catch when I saw the first £8 charge on my credit card statement. I rang the number and went through a 'press 1' menu which allows you first to cancel membership and 2nd have a refund - and I have now received emails confirming both. So they obviously don't put up much of a fight if people object, and just rely on people not noticing.
  • jim11115
    Options
    :mad: I was done over by Vistaprint too. Looks like buying on the internet is becoming a minefield, they are all at it. The only advice I can give is; if you are getting something free, a discount or any other offer outside of the current purchase - you run the risk of being scammed. Don't take up any "free" or "discount" offers. I cannot believe that Amazon are putting in adverts for Vistaprint with their packaging, this is how I first got conned - replying to an advert in an Amazon package.
  • UK007BullDog
    Options
    It is only going to get worse. When filling in any type of forms look out for the T&C's and do take the time to read them. Best is to copy them on the computer and if anything dodgy happens alert the TV "Consumer Watch" people to it so they can do a TV report on it and warn the nation and shame those companies.

With the economy struggling some companies might start some dodgy dealings.

Also contact Amazon and tell them of the Vistaprint scam. They might not be aware.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure