WARNING - Using Credit Card at Interflora Online

Options

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Options
    Hmm - I'm considering reporting Shopper_Discount / Webloyalty for spamming - this isn't the first time they've posted this form-letter to this thread... (in fact it's the 5th time!)
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • PugLady_2
    Options
    I've just got caught out by this scam after ordering from electricalshopping.com
    Not very happy, I called Shopper Discounts who told me I'd agreed to a contract, after clicking through a link for a £10 discount. I was sarcastically told that I would of been informed of the £8.00 charge 6 times. If I was I did'nt see it.
    Apparently I was a member even though they had no reference of my email address. They only found me on their systems by my credit card number, so not sure how I managed to sign up to a contract.
    I got them to cancel it after stating I would be calling Trading Standards otherwise. No offer of a refund though.
    I wont be ordering from electricalshopping.com again either.
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ring back and tell them you want a refund....

Make sure you tell electricalshopping.com you won't be usine them anymore and explain why....!

M
  • PugLady_2
    Options
    I've just had a reply to my complaint from electricalshopping.com

Thank you for your e-mail. Our partnership with Shopper Discounts and Rewards allows customers who complete the sign up process with them to obtain a £10 cash back with us and further discounts at hundreds of retailers. This is a paid subscription service which you were required to sign up to; you did this and also allowed us to pass on your information to them by typing in your e-mail address twice as confirmation. The information on this was available on screen at sign up and you should have also received more than one e-mail and a letter confirming your subscription.

As this information was available to you we do not feel that we have misled you into signing up to the service. However, I will pass on your comments to Shopper Discounts for them to review their marketing material to make this clearer (the page you saw is created by them). Also, they have assured us that if you call them they will cancel your subscription and refund you in full and cancel your subscription. Their number is free phone 0808 234 1539.

I think that means tuff.
    I did not get any email or letter confirming subscription as stated though and shoppersdiscount had no record of my email address.
    I've now emailed shopperdiscount demanding a refund and comfirmation that they have cancelled it.

• bohica
    bohica Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For mothers day my wife ordered flowers from Interflora and claimed her £10 discount voucher. Fortunately, I'd heard about this on You and Yours Radio 4 (you can still listen to the item on the bbc web site http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/items/03/2008_05_wed.shtml). My wife rang webloyalty/shoppersdiscount but despite their email saying they are open 2pm to 10pm Sunday they did not answer and we found a place on their web site where you can cancel. Will wait to see if she gets any charges.

Well done Interflora - another 2 customers you have lost.
  • Pootlej20
    Options
    Hi

I checked my credit card today to find £8.00 taken for Shoppers Discounts, many thanks for the thread as it came straight up when I googled their details.

I went online and amazingly although I am a 'member' I cannot access the members area!

Anyhow I have emailed customer services this afternoon and cancelled the membership plus asked for a refund, they granted my request immediately, no arguing - guilty conscions me thinks.

I do remember being offered a £10.00 voucher on interflora but at no point have I ever signed up for a reward scheme.

Thanks again:beer:
  • tanker21
    tanker21 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi - just wanted to say I got caught by this while buying EasyJet flights.

So watch out there aw well.

I thought I was pretty web-savvy but this site is really sneaky and it doesn't look at all like something you're signing up to that's going to cost. EasyJet have the page at the end of the purchase process with a great big £10 voucher on it. The T&C are insignificant and I didn't spot them - so I'm still not sure how they work.

The sneaky bit is that you agree to let EasyJet (or whoever) transfer your card details across - it might even say personal details - so it doesn't't feel like your giving someone charging authority. I have a good mind to go chasing my card provider for refund as well because to my mind this is a weak control that makes all their secure-code stuff & CVCs etc a waste of time.
  • jenniem_2
    Options
    I too checked my credit card statement tonight, for the first time in 3 months, as I'd spent nothing on it. I was amazed to find 3 payments of £8 have been taken out since the end of December.
    I had bought a Pannini Iron at electrical shopping.com and remember seeing the £10 discount off your next item. I DON'T recall signing up to ANYTHING... I certainly would not have agreed to an £8 per month charge, what a scam!!!
    I'll be straight on the phone in the morning, and a very blunt letter is on it's way to electrical shopping.com. Up until now, I was really happy with their service. Ah well... another customer lost!
  • Dirty_Dog
    Options
    My wife fell foul of this one.....

Haven't had internet at home for a year and have just come back online.....

Found transactions of £8 a month for the last 12 months.....

Call bank and they traced it to....... wait for it.......... yep INTER BL**DY FLORA.....

Bank say they can't help.....

I have just called Shoppers Discounts on this number (don't press any buttons wait to be conected) 0808 234 1539.

I spoke to a most helpful young lady who explained what had happend, I explained that I was peed off and would do whatever I need to get my money back.

She cancelled the account..... I asked for a full refund which she actioned while I waited.....

She said that within a couple of days ALL payments (£96) would appear on my bank statement as individual £8 refunds..... :T

Sit back and wait now, I'll keep you informed.....
  • Dirty_Dog
    Options
    Well good news, I've got a refund, They have payed back 12 months.

I need to check my bank account because I'm sure that they took 13 payments, if this is the case then another phone call will be made..... :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure