New! Automated Forum badges

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Do you ever credit for old stuff?

I had a MMD before you started giving out badges (it was the one about having 2 children one with high student fees and one with low and whether you should give both children the same amount in £££ or clear both their student loans.)

Sometimes :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    meritaten wrote: »
    Sorry Andrea - this is really bugging me! I feel patronised and insulted. why are you 'dumbing down' the forum?

I too wonder what you do up in MSE towers?

Sit around all day 'brainstorming'? come up with 'bright ideas'? reminds me of the Pounds to Pockets advert!

why don't you sort out the number of posters who 'bully' and 'target' other posters?
    why don't you make sure that PPR'd posters don't just get a new email addy and join again under another name, or join under multiple user names? that's what we really want you to be doing!

I may be slightly number dyslexic but I don't need a 'badge' to know that my posts number more than '10K'!

Hi!

If those users have been reported action will be taken (action might be a friendly message or more if they're going through our infractions process or nothing if the team doesn't agree).

If you don't feel they're being dealt with it could be because the team disagrees with the report, because we can't say what action we've taken or because the post hasn't been reported.

Can you make sure you report posts you feel are breaking the Forum rules so Megan and the team can investigate.

Thanks!

Join the MSE Forum
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    I don't dislike the badges but I don't particularly like them either, I'd never had one until yesterday and can't say it adds anything to my posts or anyone elses. Is the idea that the exact number of posts will not feature in the future? if so why? if not why the badge?

Hi!

We're not currently thinking of removing post counts.

Once everyone's current automated badges are in place forum users will start getting private messages when they hit new posting and anniversary milestones.

Join the MSE Forum
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    and I have a BA(hons), I don't want little 'badges', I am not even bothered about the 'medals' Martin handed out - but they were a part of the forum before my time so I just accepted them. You can have them back if you want! just leave my 'Counts' alone!

I have serious academic qualifications, but I don't feel insulted by forum 'badges'. It's just a bit of fun in the end.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,991 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Find it, and send the link to MSE Badger. That's how I got mine, one dates back six years!

Found it: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3152118
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Sometimes :)

Thank you!

fermi wrote: »
    I have serious academic qualifications, but I don't feel insulted by forum 'badges'. It's just a bit of fun in the end.

Totally agree. It's a friendly bit of fun. Hurts no-one.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Once everyone's current automated badges are in place forum users will start getting private messages when they hit new posting and anniversary milestones.
    Whaaaat?? A PM each time I reach some 'posting milestone' or have been a member for 10 years? Why? Good grief, I have enough trouble keeping my PM box from filling up as it is and I don't use it nearly as much as some. This must be something else someone's decided we have to have, even though nobody has asked for it?

I'm with meritaten, there must surely be serious issues that staff can be attending to, rather than these mind-bogglingly trivial details?
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2015 at 6:48PM
    Options

WE DONT WANT THEM

Can you remove mine please or at least let us switch them off in the settings. They are horrid and do absolutely zero to improve the site, I am an adult and this thing was given up when I started secondary school.
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2015 at 8:10PM
    Options
    why on earth would I need a Private Message when I hit a milestone - one glance under my username tells me all I need to know!
    Why a PM from MSE Towers? - is it going to be as exciting as getting a 100th Telegram from Her Majesty?
    You are 're-inventing' the wheel here! There are already 'medals' under the username which are given out at 'milestones'.
    oh and Andrea - I do use the report button when I see offensive posts.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    You are 're-inventing' the wheel here! There are already 'medals' under the username which are given out at 'milestones'.

And, of course, this 'milestone' stuff is already duplicated by the "Deliciously Dedicated ..." (and similar) descriptions, which waste 2, 3 or 4 lines of space on the Left Hand pane. :(
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I :heart2: badges! :D

I'm thrilled with mine! :D
    But then I go wheeeeee! when I'm bounced about in a motorboat!

Is there a badge for getting a successful compensation claim for a flight delay? I did it with the help of the MSE boards pointing me to the Resolver tool. It was so easy and I'm so pleased!
    There's a badge for a successful PPI claim! Could there be one for this sort of claim?

Pretty please? :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport