NST: Standing Firm in November

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
706 replies 36.4K views

Replies

• chocolatelover93chocolatelover93 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not Nov yet but I got some fuel this morning and it will be used in Nov so I think it counts :)
    £31.41/£130
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome gien! I misread one of your rules as 'declutter 2 kids'... oops!
    NST July; NSD 14; Ex 17

Mortgage £300 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome gien! I misread one of your rules as 'declutter 2 kids'... oops!

And now you've got ME thinking about "getting away with it if it wasn't for the pesky kids" :):rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And hello by the way. Please can I have a number?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • misstaramisstara Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally lost my focus this last week and still not feeling particularly motivated if I'm honest, however, I know I can count on you lot to spur me on. Once I've watched the rugby, I shall plan November.

Three things I'm grateful for today
    - a very busy shift at work is now over
    - the rain has stopped so it's lovely walking home
    - rugby final to watch once I get home
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £0
    Debt Feb 2020: Credit card - £607.09. Now £0
    Car - £4992.88. Now £2643.76 (47% paid)
    Emergency fund - £1000/£1000. Car fund - £1000/£1000.
    Flat deposit - £850/£15000 (5.7% saved).
  • JoRJoR Forumite
    4 Posts
    Hi, please may I join for November? Long time lurker on many threads, but never posted. Whilst it's very motivating seeing everyones achievements, think joining the challenge is the kickstart I need!
  • short_birdshort_bird Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in.
    My priorities will look a little different because, although I'm driving, I don't have that tight a grip on the reins :D So this is a get a grip and see where it all goes month, as well as reminding myself that my income drops in December and I really ought to do something about that fact...

Spending 4 days in Europe toward the end of the month but the major part of that is paid for. I'll be back.
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • threepenny_bitthreepenny_bit Forumite
    353 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    may I join please? I have lurked for a while but am ready to join now :)
    START TO SNOWBALL - Pay off credit card #1 $0/1000 Pay off credit card#2 $0/4500
    restart savings pot $0
    September grocery $56/300
    De clutter & clean 151/1000 items in 5 months.

• mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Off we go. Wrote a long post and it logged me out.

In brief (I hope)
    Food £100, hope it will be less usually but lots of things run out (wash powder tablets, turmeric, gravy granules, custard powder), stores run down (freezer full but mainly bread and veg which will only get me so far).

Extra £20, mainly for bus fares. May need to go back to solicitors, have anniversary appointment for hip operation on Monday will combine with outings/ hunt for YS goods (especially meat)/ bringing back things from other house and possibly cemetery visit.

Debt/ savings. As house is now under offer and TPP with StepChange is set up I will be concentrating on building an emergency fund (as debts will be paid in full, hopefully within 3 months, from proceeds of house sale). I want to put £50- £100 per month to this but although I have covered all the regular bills, between now and January 1st I also need to pay for value line rental (haggle sheet is ready), passport renewal (need for identification purposes) and final quarter of the water rates. I have only committed to staring the EF in January but will try to start before.

This is my new permanent frugal lifestyle budget so I want it to work.

(pause to chase after plan which has fallen on the floor and is half way to the door)

Need to try harder on SFDs. have picnic for Monday planned. Using up toiletries and cleaning stuff - just finished some cleaner that DS2 left behind and used up bottle of perfume and some of my brother's aftershave.

Still thinking about charity donation and helping others.

Remove 80 items - recording separately from annual total.

Daily habits
    Greet everyone with a smile (keep smiling if they think you're simple).
    Look round each room before leaving it and put away three items or re-locate them if they belong in another room.
    Put on some music and dance.

Today I am grateful for visits from DS2 and a friend, for walking all across town (sat down several times) and for Doctor Who.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • ani*fanani*fan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Hi there apple muncher :hello: and other friendly faces, misstara, crazy_cat_lady and everyone :hello:

What a brilliant challenge, how have I not found this before?? I'd love to join in please.

This sounds seriously badass, in the style of Mr Moneymustache or the Frugalwoods, I love it.

I'm away to get on with decluttering 80 things immediately. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides