NST: Standing Firm in November

Options

Comments

• littleskintdragon
    Options
    Just reposting to subscribe, im on my phone and not sure how to do it otherwise!! :)
    Still here..... but working on that!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this one - I think this is completely doable for me (she said optimistically). Batch cooking, lunches to work, pay debt beginning of month - all stuff I should be doing all of the time anyway.

And you can also do the go outside and breathe bit too! :T it is all down to planning ahead. I'm not a prepper like nsk, bur her foreward planning has rubbed off a little...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    tee113 wrote: »
    Hi. I would like to. join you all in this month's challenge, if that's ok. If I'm honest, I'm not that confident at the moment, but I've printed the rules and I'm going to spend a bit of time thinking about how I can achieve this, because I really, really want to sort things out!

tee

Welcome tee. Many of us lurked before jumping in to join these challenges, and now they are a way of life for us. Look at your schedule for the month: days at work where you need to have lunch with you; days where you get home late and need a plan for a quick-to-prepare-but yummy-to-eat meal; a notebook and pen(cil) with you at all times, to note each and every spend; planned activities/trips (only 2, mind!) and their costs factored in to your budget... Good luck! We shall all be cheering you on...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    lsd - you are in at #3... Want to enter twice???
  • littleskintdragon
    Options
    Lol no i forgot to subscribe to the thread :)
    Still here..... but working on that!
  • rawdinosaur
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge. All very doable and stuff I keep telling myself I should do anyway. As the weather gets worse, I hope to cook up a few large batches of stews/soups in the slow cooker. I have a feeling the hardest part will be remembering to come here every day to post but it's always good to be thankful and focus on the positive.
    Money made on etsy in April: £0
    Money made on ebay in April: £0
  • Jenner
    Jenner Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone id like to join this challenge please. I am off work on holiday for a week in November and would usually be trying to plan some fun things to do and I know id end up going over budget. Really hope with this challenge it will help me focus and keep myself in check.
    Windows 2548.50/3518.50
    CC1 2876.14/4100 - 0% Oct 2020
    CC2 0/2100 - 0% Nov 2019
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Yes, I will make sure that I get out and enjoy life a little bit. It's supposed to be a mild start to November (I'm not good at being out in the freezing weather).
    Quick question - if one of my 2 allowed outings is to meet a friend at a coffee shop, is that allowed? Or should I be sourcing an alternative venue?
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    If there is nowhere else you can meet up, then it'll have to be a coffee shop - ideally not a chain one... Just make sure you have a good time!
  • academiablues
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join in as well please :) there are a few things here that make me a bit nervous, so will have to think carefully about how I do them, but November is hopefully going to be a bit less frantic than October!
    Bought my first house in 2014 - now, to be mortgage free! :D

New York, New York: 3150/4000 (79%)
    Emergency fund £1000/1000
    Survey earnings 2016: £40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business