3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey,

Wondering if I could join in?

I would love to set a goal of £7000, who knows when I will achieve this but it's good to have a goal and a focus!

Dxxx
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Hi Dolly Rocker - of course you can join. The more the merrier :D

When Helen pops in she'll add your number, target and progress to the first page.

Welcome aboard.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! This is a fab thread and you will never be judged about what you can or cannot contribute or when you have to dip into what you have set aside.

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • mylastpound
    mylastpound Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Afternoon

Payday has arrived, so ive transferred £400 across. so please update #96 to show £1,000 banked :-)
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hello all

Moved another £250 over to the 3-6 month fund, taking my total to £7520.80

For the time being anyway!

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    #2 Back again with a new update.

A little more added today making my new total £4945.43 aka 54.95%.

I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to get over the £5k mark when the monthly interest is paid in 2 weeks. Finger's crossed as it will be nice to hit another milestone.

Taking my own advice here - keep on keeping on!

Not sure what maths I was doing when I posted this a few weeks ago.
    I think I meant over 55%, not £5k. (I would be super excited if I had that much interest monthly though :rotfl: )

So here goes with my update

A little extra added (along with a little extra missed as my TSB DD didn't leave to earn generate the interest on one of the accounts :( )

new total £4960.89 aka 55.12%

I think the next update will definately get me over the £5k mark (with the correct maths used this time ;) )

Keep on keeping on everyone.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly, as always, despite your previous miscalculation, Dobbibill:T:beer::j

Apologies for having been MIA:o for ages but my EF situation hasn't moved up or down since I was here last.

Just wanted to touch base and send congratulations to all who have managed to add to their savings:T:beer:. Commiserations to all who have had to deplete theirs. Don't worry though, it's what the EF is there for after all. Better to spend from the savings pot than have to use plastic or borrow money when emergencies occur.

Sending hugs to anyone who is having a rough time at the moment whether money-related or not:kisses3:.
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Thanks CBC for your kind words.

I hope you are keeping well - welcome back after MIA ;)

Nice to see you touch base - hopefully you will be able to pop in more often now with your updates :D

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey all,

Everyone is doing so well with their EF's.

I've just made a start to mine today, I have decided that I am going to tackle mine 1% at a time until I reach my goal of £7000.00.

Today I am 1% towards achieving my EF goal.

Deleted_User - £70/£7000

Looking forward to ticking off those % each time I add to this!

Dxxx
  • Dragon_Lily
    Dragon_Lily Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 6 June 2018 at 7:36PM
    Options
    Hi Helen. Long time since I posted but not taken anything out of my EF. Not had the cash to add to it until now. Adding £130, so my total is now £1230 :)

#66 Dragon lily
    :staradmin Star from Sue-UU

3 - 6 Emergency fund #24 £2273. Target £3,000
    SPC15 #57 [SPC14 £195.50, SPC13 £114.08, SPC12 £215, SPC11 £183, SPC10 £209]

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure