E.ON uSwitch Fixed 1 Collective Oct 15

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning POPPYOSCAR,

Just a few pointers when you're doing a comparison, it's always best to us your usage in kWh as this will make the quote more accurate.

The other thing is, it depends what the current tariff is, or if the quote has defaulted you on to the standard tariff as this would make the savings look bigger than what they actually would be.

It may also default you to the standard tariff if your current cheaper tariff is due to end, so it won't be comparing with your unit prices now, but with the standard tariff instead.

I hope this helps a little.

Helena

Hi Helena

Thank you for your reply.

I used the amount I paid last year and we are on the standard tariff.

I have requested the kw usage so I can do another comparison but cannot see that this would make that much difference and I am astounded by the huge saving just by being part of a collective.

I did not even think about switching until I was peeved when I noticed that I had not been receiving my usual Tesco Clubcard points and had to opt in, something I had not been notified of, and could not be backdated.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    I'm currently on Eon EnergyPlan, can I follow the Switch site and sign up with all my bank details or is their a easier process for me to move to the collective plan?

I assume the smart meter will continue to work as well despite on the sign up page saying it won't as I am with the same provider?
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Futuristic wrote: »
    I'm currently on Eon EnergyPlan, can I follow the Switch site and sign up with all my bank details or is their a easier process for me to move to the collective plan?

I assume the smart meter will continue to work as well despite on the sign up page saying it won't as I am with the same provider?

The only way to get the tariff is to switch via uSwitch, unfortunately you still have to fill out all the details, but eOn will action it as a simple tariff change (so smart meters won't be affected).
  • Futuristic
    dj1471 wrote: »
    The only way to get the tariff is to switch via uSwitch, unfortunately you still have to fill out all the details, but eOn will action it as a simple tariff change (so smart meters won't be affected).

Thanks. Also how does this fixed plan work?

Currently we're on EnergyPlan paying quarterly (paying via card online), on the uSwitch sign up page I entered last years MiData usage in kWh and direct debit page says I'll pay £56.13 a month?

Does this mean i'll pay a fixed amount each month or will it still be based of usage? I assume I can cancel DD and switch to Quarterly billing after my plan has been switched online?
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    You have a fixed monthly direct debit (which actually you can change at any time online) which splits the costs of your usage over the year. eOn apply a discount for paying by direct debit (included in the figure uSwitch are quoting) so you're best off sticking with that.

But I'm not sure whether eOn will change your billing to direct debit or stick with your existing arrangement, no doubt the eOn rep will be along shortly to clarify that for you.
  • Futuristic
    dj1471 wrote: »
    You have a fixed monthly direct debit (which actually you can change at any time online) which splits the costs of your usage over the year. eOn apply a discount for paying by direct debit (included in the figure uSwitch are quoting) so you're best off sticking with that.

But I'm not sure whether eOn will change your billing to direct debit or stick with your existing arrangement, no doubt the eOn rep will be along shortly to clarify that for you.

Thanks! Gone ahead and signed up, I see the option to "save £70 year by switching to DD" on my Eon online account so should be no problem setting up later if it's not.
  • preciousillusions
    preciousillusions Posts: 543 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2015 at 3:01AM
    pumen wrote: »
    Hello. I just moved to another flat last week and I am on a British Gas standard duel tariff which seems extremely expensive. I am looking to switch. This EoN USwitch Plan is shown on my comparison site as the cheapest.

If I apply today, when will I be switched and start paying new tariff? will I be charged an exit fee if I move the flat in 6 months, for example, or disconnect if I have to move out of the UK? Thanks.

Slightly similar query here. I note that the contract is for 12 months fixed with £30 cancellation fee if you opt out early. I literally moved into my flat yesterday and applied for this eon plan via uswitch today after finding out it would save me nearly £700 annually from the current supplier here which is Spark! My tenancy here is 12 months and I hope that I will be here the whole time, plus the even beyond that if it all works out. However if I do leave after 12 months, due to the fact it takes up to 14 days for the switch to confirm, would Eon really charge me £30 if I had to cancel literally a week or so early? Maybe a representative here can advise?

Another thing, I just realised I accidentally went through the sign up process twice as my computer was being glitchy! (new broadband also installed today! Also don't think quidco tracked first time) Should I contact Uswitch or Eon directly to cancel one of these requests!

I am also slightly worried I'll be rejected entirely based on the credit check as have a poor rating :(. How likely is that? Hate it as I am entirely responsible but simply don't have much credit due to undertaking a DRO which was over 6 years ago and so wiped off record by now but still means my score is very low. Hoping as well that due to the mistake of applying twice they won't credit check twice and so lower my score even more!

One last question: are applications for the warm discount scheme still open and can I apply if accepted as a new customer? I was actually on a pre-pay Eon meter at old flat and applied under that address so can I just switch over the details or do I need to make a new claim and cancel that one? I am included in the broader group for eligibility.

Sorry this was so long! Any advice on any of the above much appreciated!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hadn't picked up this USwitch collective tariff til today - shows a real saving of ~ £70 for me vs the EHL EON tariff I'm currently on -the only thing stopping me changing over via Topcashback is a nagging feeling that another EHL EON tariff is probably just around the corner:rotfl:
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Can an EON rep comment if we switch from the MSE collective EON deal to the Uswitch EON collective deal, will we incur exit fees?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Hi Helena

Thank you for your reply.

I used the amount I paid last year and we are on the standard tariff.

I have requested the kw usage so I can do another comparison but cannot see that this would make that much difference and I am astounded by the huge saving just by being part of a collective.

I did not even think about switching until I was peeved when I noticed that I had not been receiving my usual Tesco Clubcard points and had to opt in, something I had not been notified of, and could not be backdated.

Morning POPPYOSCAR,

That's why the savings are so high, as it's compared to the standard tariff.

It's good you're getting your usage in kWh, it's on your online account for you to see, just to do a double check.

I'm pleased it's such a good tariff for you :D

I'm sorry though about the Tesco points, this is something you have to opt in to, you should have received some correspondence or an email about it, so I'm sorry you didn't get it.

Thanks

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure