Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• hr100
    hr100 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Nice

Did you have to let it get switched off for that?
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Just to let you all know, today I spoke with someone from the broadband department about a problem I was having with my broadband. During the conversation I casually enquired about any current phone/broadband offers. She informed me that they currently don't have any offers available to them but that there might be some coming up soon. Though she didn't give any more details. Will be interesting to see if people start getting some good offers again in the new year!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just to let you all know, today I spoke with someone from the broadband department about a problem I was having with my broadband. During the conversation I casually enquired about any current phone/broadband offers. She informed me that they currently don't have any offers available to them but that there might be some coming up soon. Though she didn't give any more details. Will be interesting to see if people start getting some good offers again in the new year!
    I noticed on their webpage, the other day, that they are advertising the phone/ fibre broadband price as though it's an offer, when , in fact, it's full price. There's just a £5 off for ADSL customers , which is still £5 more than the previous pre-combination full price.

The £5 off reads as though for new customers who don't have tv, but if you log on, the same offer is given to existing customers (ie those with tv, too)
  • geordiepaul2001
    Options
    I've had a letter from sky today in relation to my cancellation.
    They are offering 60% off but state that if I want this offer then I have to take it by the 26th of December 2016.

Not sure if the offer will remain after this date.

Paul
    June 2016 - Pair of Brooks Glycerin 14's
    July 2016 - Annual family pass to English Heritage
    August 2016 - overnight spa break with dinner and breakfast for two
    September - BBQ toolbox
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I noticed on their webpage, the other day, that they are advertising the phone/ fibre broadband price as though it's an offer, when , in fact, it's full price. There's just a £5 off for ADSL customers , which is still £5 more than the previous pre-combination full price.

The £5 off reads as though for new customers who don't have tv, but if you log on, the same offer is given to existing customers (ie those with tv, too)

Their offers are a bit odd at the moment as they seem to want to charge full whack for ADSL with TV (not a bad deal on the TV) and yet if you look at the standalone ADSL you just pay £17.40 line rental.

Was the pre-combination price for ADSL not £17.40 plus £10?
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    hr100 wrote: »
    Nice

Did you have to let it get switched off for that?

No,but my hd box had gone as dead as a dodo in which helped my case.:)
  • 2ofclubs
    Options
    Just agreed another 12 month contract.

I have the Variety TV package

60% off and £50 credit.

I'm happy
  • geordiepaul2001
    Options
    2ofclubs wrote: »
    Just agreed another 12 month contract.

I have the Variety TV package

60% off and £50 credit.

I'm happy

Was that via telephone or online chat?
    June 2016 - Pair of Brooks Glycerin 14's
    July 2016 - Annual family pass to English Heritage
    August 2016 - overnight spa break with dinner and breakfast for two
    September - BBQ toolbox
  • Aye_Up
    Aye_Up Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a call from Sky yesterday, 75% off and £100 credit, in effect makes my subscription 10 months free. The service on my account had lapsed about 6 months ago. I didn't have to jump through any hoops in which to get the deal, it was offered outright when the called me on my mobile.

It maybe the case in order to get the best deals you will need to let your subscription lapse and wait for the inevitable phone call.
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »

Yes I've noticed the £5 off deal and it's very sneaky how they are advertising phone/BB as a combined price these days. My current deal, free line rental, ends next month so I'll see what they offer. Will probably end up doing the cancellation charade again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback