Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wazza99 wrote: »
    23 days since cancellation notice, only contact since 60% off via my services, was a letter in the post offering...60 % off !

We sit and wait...

Seems like the service has to actually be switched off before the 75% offers are negotiable:)
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Don't worry you don't lose everything on your planner, even if you get cut off. You just can't view it while you're cut off. Once you rejoin you can view it again. Wait until the day after you get cut off, then go on live chat and ask what deals they have if you rejoin. Then tell them you want 75% off with £100 credit and a rolling contract.

Tonymcp86 the above text was my response to your last post. Not sure if you missed it but I reiterate what I put. I did this and they never even tried to argue. No content loss whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just wanted to share my recent experience :)

Cancelled Sky a month ago.
    On the internet laptop in MySky it was coming up with the 50% off for 12 months offer, and in the My Account section in Services on the TV it was showing 60% off for 12 months.
    Ignored both 'offers'.
    Let Sky cancel completely as of midnight last night. This morning I could use the box to watch live freeview tv, but that's it, couldn't use the box functions and couldn't play anything in my planner.

Used the 'Stay with Sky' link someone posted above at 7.15am this morning and went onto Live Chat.
    Said (politely) that we would like the Original package with Sports and Cinema, no HD or multiroom.
    I said that a friend had very recently had a 75% off offer for 12 month with £100 credit and no contract, and it was this sort of deal that was tempting my return.
    Lady accepted my request! :T

Sky Original with Sports and Cinema is usually £56/month.
    75% off makes our package only £14 per month.
    £14 x 12 months = £168 per year.
    Factor in the £100 credit she added to the account... £68 for the year for Sky with Sports and Movies!
    We wont' be needing to pay the £14 monthly fee until the £100 credit gets used up!

Took about 20 minutes on Live Chat, and credit added to account and full services reumed by the end of the Chat Session!
    Planner now works again and all of our recordings are accessible again for anyone wondering!

So the 75% off for 12 months and £100 credit with no contract Offer is definitely working, but you will need to let Sky cancel completely to be able to then nicely request this deal. :)
    Hope this helps x
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2016 at 3:36PM
    Options
    these 75% offers plus £100 seem to good to be true! When my 50% rolling offer (plus £100 cashback!) comes to an end in March/April then I guess I'll be trying for the same thing!

The deal seems even sweeter after some of you posters are reporting its a rolling contract!!! This now gives me a dilemma. Do I cancel my contract now (its a rolling contract, but runs until March. Or cancel now and hope for a 75% offer!

I think theyre persuading people to carry on using their old boxes so they dont have to fork out for the new Q ones.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    wazza99 wrote: »
    23 days since cancellation notice, only contact since 60% off via my services, was a letter in the post offering...60 % off !

We sit and wait...

What is you what from sky ?
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to share my recent experience :)

Cancelled Sky a month ago.
    On the internet laptop in MySky it was coming up with the 50% off for 12 months offer, and in the My Account section in Services on the TV it was showing 60% off for 12 months.
    Ignored both 'offers'.
    Let Sky cancel completely as of midnight last night. This morning I could use the box to watch live freeview tv, but that's it, couldn't use the box functions and couldn't play anything in my planner.

Used the 'Stay with Sky' link someone posted above at 7.15am this morning and went onto Live Chat.
    Said (politely) that we would like the Original package with Sports and Cinema, no HD or multiroom.
    I said that a friend had very recently had a 75% off offer for 12 month with £100 credit and no contract, and it was this sort of deal that was tempting my return.
    Lady accepted my request! :T

Sky Original with Sports and Cinema is usually £56/month.
    75% off makes our package only £14 per month.
    £14 x 12 months = £168 per year.
    Factor in the £100 credit she added to the account... £68 for the year for Sky with Sports and Movies!
    We wont' be needing to pay the £14 monthly fee until the £100 credit gets used up!

Took about 20 minutes on Live Chat, and credit added to account and full services reumed by the end of the Chat Session!
    Planner now works again and all of our recordings are accessible again for anyone wondering!

So the 75% off for 12 months and £100 credit with no contract Offer is definitely working, but you will need to let Sky cancel completely to be able to then nicely request this deal. :)
    Hope this helps x

Now that is a serious offer! The full package for £14 !!!???? Plus the cashback! Goes to show, a little persistence goes a long way. And theyre still making good money out of you for £14 per month, just think how much more theyre making from the majority that dont bother to negotiate their deals!
  • cheekyreddevil
    Options
    Today I had the Sky engineer out as my sky was playing up, he fixed it and I asked him about Sky Q and would it be worth it when my contract is up in April to go for it..
    He told me, that in the past when contracts are up, people are cancelling Sky and getting better deals, but now Sky are letting people do this without offering anything, 2 months after being cut off, Sky will phone you up offering Sky Q for half price for 12 months.
    The Sky+ HD boxes are being phased out over the next 4 years..

Maybe this is why the deals aint coming through as they want you to have Sky Q..
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today I had the Sky engineer out as my sky was playing up, he fixed it and I asked him about Sky Q and would it be worth it when my contract is up in April to go for it..
    He told me, that in the past when contracts are up, people are cancelling Sky and getting better deals, but now Sky are letting people do this without offering anything, 2 months after being cut off, Sky will phone you up offering Sky Q for half price for 12 months.
    The Sky+ HD boxes are being phased out over the next 4 years..

Maybe this is why the deals aint coming through as they want you to have Sky Q..

...but the deals ARE still being offered - neighbour got 75% and credit yesterday morning!!:) ..and he had only been "off" for about 3 weeks!
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    75% and £100 credit, will do nicely thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    shaggy wrote: »
    Now that is a serious offer! The full package for £14 !!!???? Plus the cashback! Goes to show, a little persistence goes a long way. And theyre still making good money out of you for £14 per month, just think how much more theyre making from the majority that dont bother to negotiate their deals!

Yup, £14 a month :) well if you factor in the £100 credit it either works out as £5.66 per month, or nearly 8 months free whilst they use up all the free credit first! :D And as we are on a rolling no contract we technically could cancel after using up all of the free credit, so free Sky for 8 months ;)
    Just shows it's definitely worth cancelling, hanging on, letting the service cancel, and then be really nice and politely ask for a good deal!

My parents were paying full price for nearly 2 years before I even realised :eek: managed to quickly sort them out on that one!
    So many people must be paying waaaay over the odds!!! I wonder how much it actually costs them for this package if they're willing to let us have it for peanuts?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback