Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes I've noticed the £5 off deal and it's very sneaky how they are advertising phone/BB as a combined price these days. My current deal, free line rental, ends next month so I'll see what they offer. Will probably end up doing the cancellation charade again.

They have to advertise the line rental and BB price combined as it's now a legal requirement, so there's no 'sneakyness' involved at all.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They've now reverted to the regular ADSL offer at £17.40 (old line rental with free broadband).

If they keep that I will be back in 10 months time, (No sign, in my area, of the fibre supposedly due this month), though that's the offer I rejected and left, but it looks better now others have increased their prices.
  • Liberty1577
    Liberty1577 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 24 December 2016 at 12:37PM
    Options
    So after recently securing myself the complete TV package for £20pm, I set about sorting out my in laws TV package. They were paying full price for variety (£32!!!). So I cancelled it for them. Their TV went off this morning and I've just been on live chat. Told them I wanted the same offer I had been given (75% off plus £100 credit on rolling contract). After a little charade, 'that deal has been stopped, let me see what I can do for you', I got them the same deal. Variety for £8 pm, which once you factor in the credit means Sky are giving them £4 to have TV free for the year!!!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got them the same deal. Variety for £8 pm, which once you factor in the credit means Sky are giving them £4 to have TV free for the year!!!

...absolutely barmy -but well done:T
  • thescouselander
    Options
    My sky deal is about to end. Virgin media seem to be offering 200mb internet and the full TV package with HD, their new box and Sky Cinema for £55 a month Inc phone line. I'm very tempted. Does anyone think sky might beat this?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My sky deal is about to end. Virgin media seem to be offering 200mb internet and the full TV package with HD, their new box and Sky Cinema for £55 a month Inc phone line. I'm very tempted. Does anyone think sky might beat this?
    They can't as they don't have that broadband speed available.
  • thescouselander
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    They can't as they don't have that broadband speed available.

Yes, I realise that but I'd accept their fastest fibre package instead.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options

Not seen that.....can you send a link
  • thescouselander
    Options
    Not seen that.....can you send a link

There you go:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/full-house-movies-bundle.html
  • cocococo
    Options
    I'm paying £104 a month for TV only, every channel available, 1 main box and 2 additional boxes. (Not phone or broadband.) I asked about sky q (2TB box and two additional boxes) and was told they could provide it free and I'd save £12 a month but I'd have to pay £300 installation!
    Said no and they bought it down to £199 saving.
    Told them to go ahead and cancel.

Have received the 60% offer via TV services. Has anyone successfully negotiated the installation fee down further? Any tips? Planning to hold fire for a week if I can to see if I get a call. Under immense pressure from hubbie to get it sorted - he's having palpitations at the thought of no sky 😂
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback