Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Mr_Benn wrote: »
    I am a very long standing Sky subscriber (over 15 years ) - which is usually a good selling point when it comes to haggle time !

I have been on 50% off TV deal for last 12 months, as well as half price line rental and fibre.
    Just rang to see what they can offer as the deals have finished, and all he could offer was 20%. I said I am leaving as Virgin offer was very good. (they are doing Fibre, Sports + movies +extra box for £67) or £57 if I don't want movies.

Cancelled Sky a week ago, but have had no offers since. I presume it would show in My Offers when log into MySky ?
    I was surprised not to be offered half price TV at a minimum.

Patience, key is not to be desperate. You have plenty of time and the offers will come either via email or they will call you. Maybe give the retentions team a call next week
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Mr_Benn
    Mr_Benn Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was the retentions team that I spoke to originally.
    My big mistake was not cancelling a month before my TV 50% reduction finished , but the person at Sky I spoke to gave me the wrong info about what date I could cancel on.
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So as always I called sky. Was offered 50 percent off my full TV package but nothing on multi room.

So told my dad. He has everything with sky paying over £105 a month. He called. Said I had 50 percent off he wanted the same. Has been with them longer spends more etc. He was told that there is no such deal and that wasn't offered. Basically calling him a liar.

They offered him 15 percent and that was all. Blamed the system etc.

They were aggressive considering he is 76. So we are going to move him to Virgin.

Really bad customer service that.
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    So as always I called sky. Was offered 50 percent off my full TV package but nothing on multi room.

So told my dad. He has everything with sky paying over £105 a month. He called. Said I had 50 percent off he wanted the same. Has been with them longer spends more etc. He was told that there is no such deal and that wasn't offered. Basically calling him a liar.

They offered him 15 percent and that was all. Blamed the system etc.

They were aggressive considering he is 76. So we are going to move him to Virgin.

Really bad customer service that.

If he has been with them a long time, and happily paying full price, then why would Sky give him half price just because one day he had called to ask? They are a business after all and no doubt know that the longer people have been with them, the less likely they are to leave. I would imagine that for a full price paying customer that the front line staff wouldn't be able to give a 50% discount straight up.

What he needed to do was give his 31 days notice, and even be prepared to have it cut off for a few days. Then the deals would have started to come in.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The reduction is to persuade you not to leave so won't be given just because you ask for it.
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The point was on the lie and arrogance of the agent, not the deal. He has had deals before but to be told that the 50 percent off deal I had was an admin error is pure fabrication and dishonest of them
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• Lady_Bee
    Lady_Bee Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Cancelled this morning, see upthread. Just logged into my account and already have a 50% off any package offer, result. Previous years I was happy with this and willing to sign up for another 12 months but this time I'd rather not have a contract as I may be moving abroad in the new year. How do people negotiate this? Am I going to need to wait a bit longer or is it worth going into negotiations now?
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    My SKY services. TV.Phone and BB all expire on the same day....Dec 15

Can I do a deal on all 3 or do they All need to be discussed separate.

Thanks
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    My SKY services. TV.Phone and BB all expire on the same day....Dec 15

Can I do a deal on all 3 or do they All need to be discussed separate.

Thanks

TV is separate, BB and phone are one thing. I would cancel all of them and see what deals you get.

Generally they can't give you deals on all of them at the same time as there so many offers they can give on any one day
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Discodave
    Discodave Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    Lady_Bee wrote: »
    I've just been on live chat to cancel my tv package (phone and BB are with Plusnet). It wasn't available for a few days as they were making changes and sure enough there was a change. After you've entered your name they give you three options, I can't remember them verbatim but they are something like 'find out about offers', 'proceed with cancellation' and I think the last was 'other'.

I selected 'process cancellation' as this has been my successful route before at getting a 50% off offer and I am looking at other options after doing a channel audit and realising I watch very few sky only channels.

They were very keen to have someone from the retentions team call to discuss my options but I said I wanted to carry on with the cancellation on chat so it got sorted there and then.

I was pleased with this option as I didn't want to go through the rigmarole of discussing offers etc although there were quite long delays between messages so it took longer than it should have done, I reckon they're talking to more than one person at a time.

Anyway, it was quicker than it has been on previous occasions so good result. Will be interested to see what offers my come through, if any.
    how did you manage Live Chat, its always "busy"when i try :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure