Options

Comments

• duggo1
    duggo1 Posts: 175 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I cancelled this morning and already have two offers:
    Interactive is showing 35% off for 9 months
    My sky shows the same discount but for 12 months.

Managed to get 50% off and a credit last year so going to try and hold out for a better deal. Got until 1st May when it switches off.
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    see post 228.

Live chat day after I was told 50% offer had ended. Offered 50% off + £50 credit + a slightly confusing deal on multiroom.

I signed up for another 12 months
  • PurpleSteph
    Options
    Hello!

I called Sky twice this evening to cancel hoping to get a good deal - the most was 35% off TV only, wouldn't budge on anything else and no freebies to sweeten the deal. I'm thinking of going to BT.

I've been a Sky customer for 9 years with TV, broadband and phone and it does seem like they won't haggle like they used to!!!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have 9 days to go to our cancellation date.

No one been in touch to persuade us to stay.
  • stellasessions
    Options
    I have a 12 month 50% offer due to end next month, so called to cancel a couple of days ago. Was instantly offered upto 35% off TV. I don't have BB with them due to very poor connectivity in my area.

Happy to wait and see if they increase their offer like previous years, although the lady I spoke with told me that they no longer offer "massive 50%+" offers.......
  • stellasessions
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    We have 9 days to go to our cancellation date.

No one been in touch to persuade us to stay.

Last year, we actually left and called back a days later and were offered 50% for 12 months. Depends if you can cope without it...??
  • Sandra5036
    Options
    My son cancelled his Sky account 12 months ago. He now receives regular emails offering him a code to get 33% off for 5 years.
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AzzTheRAz wrote: »

I'll be waiting to see if they come back with a better offer ...Sky TV is to be cancelled 28/4.

Hang on in there!

I posted this on another thread but it probably makes more sense here:

I cancelled my TV and talk package (kept broadband only) and during my 30 day notice period the offers went from completely rubbish, to fairly tempting, but I held my nerve and got an email the day before the services were due to stop saying basically 'Call us and tell us what you want".

I now pay £25 for unlimited broadband, talk package, and original TV + movie channels. I also got a £50 credit so the first two months free.

If they believe you will genuinely cancel and go elsewhere, they will do what it takes to keep you. There are no more outlays for them if you already have dish/box etc. and they may as well have £25 of your money, rather than none of it, even though they'd rather have £50 of it!
  • Goodmanors
    Options
    I spoke to Sky a couple of weeks ago when our current "discount" was due to come to an end and said I was considering cancelling our subscription - after 16 years!! I admit to letting them off all the previous price increases, but last year got a 35% discount for 9 months (not all actual discount as we reduced our package!) The most they would offer was 35% and I would have to sign up for 12 months. I said I would get back to them - phoned today and went through the saga again, explaining offers of 50-60% had been made to others and, after 16 years, wondered where their loyalities lay. Adviser said 35% was the max, justifying it by saying over a year I was "saving" £200. His words were: "if someone offered you a £200 cheque as a discount for a service you would think it was pretty good"!!!???? I said I did not think so, when the service was actually a lesser product for more money, than when we signed up years ago. He did not try to dissuade me and the cancellation is in. D-day is 6 May so it looks like we will be cut off unless we get a better offer!!
  • gsddusty
    gsddusty Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have tried to haggle with sky over full TV including sports and movies, broadband and phone package as I have been a customer for 18 years. I have haggled previously with success but this year they do not seem to want to play. I have now cancelled my TV package which is due to terminate on 29/4 but I have to sign up with another firm soon for phone and broadband as they all seem to take two weeks so once I have done this is it worth waiting to see if they offer something better for TV or just sign up for the best deal around which seems to be talk talk for all.
    They are currently £40 plus cheaper for first six months than sky and £20 cheaper for next six months and still £6 in last 6 months of contract offer than sky were offer and sky's offer was TV reduction only and 6 months only.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback