edited 25 August 2015 at 3:36PM in Phones & TV
2.3K replies 493.6K views
1222223224225226228»

Replies

• leodis23leodis23 Forumite
    94 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Forumite
    How early can you call up to haggle with Sky? My next bill is due on the 25th May for £57.50 (my current price for TV, Netflix, Movies, UHD and fibre), but in June jumps to £76.76, then £109.50 in July. I thought my contract was up in July, but seems I'm having a hefty rise in June too?

Was considering just sacking off Sky entirely for the HD Netflix package (£11) and Talk Talk 150 for £32 a month - which works out cheaper than what I currently pay, and I mostly just watch on demand stuff and Freeview channels anyway. Reckon Sky would come close to that?
    Buy My First House During A Pandemic Challenge
    26/7 Nationwide 90% LTV Application Received | 26/7 Soft Credit Search | 4/8 Hard Search | 14/8 Underwriter questions | 17/8 Valuation booked | 19/8 Physical valuation & report received | 7/9 Mortgage offer | 27/11 Exchange & Completion
  • RupacompRupacomp Forumite
    10 Posts
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So heres my haggling story... albeit goes a bit beyond haggling. Last year my bill went up to £90+ per month at end of contract so went to do the same as always done and try to haggle. Then my husband reminded me that when we bought our house together years ago and he cancelled his sky sub, he was inundated with offers to come back for months after. So thought, shall we cancel outright for a little while and see if we get better deals than haggling.  

Well... that was last September and I've just had my lowest offer through the door of £17 per month (that's the signature package so not got all the add ons... guess that would hike it).

BUT... the real moneysaving part of it for us has been that we realised we dont miss Sky one bit! With so much choice on freeview and catch ups, my husband mainly watching Netflix, and me just barely watching tv at all anymore, were saving a packet. Even sport - which we love - were not missing. 
  • jacquelinecjacquelinec Forumite
    40 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My sky cuts off on Monday.  I have signature , HD, sports, BT sport  and multiroom.  Since my contract expired my bill has gone from £75 to £92.  My offers on chat have been £86  then £80. I had a review your options message and got offered £72.  Today I had another message and was offered £69 .  
    Although its cheaper than my previous deal , it's still a lot at the moment. Wondering what I could realistically expect to be offered.  Alternatively could I reduce to signature and multiroom and hope to get sports on an offer later.   
  • edited 22 May at 4:34AM
    jojacajojaca Forumite
    89 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 22 May at 4:34AM
    I have been offered signature/sports/HD/UHD for £36 and £41 with Netflix, if that helps you.
  • edited 22 May at 8:54AM
    GibbsRule_No3.GibbsRule_No3. Forumite
    183 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 22 May at 8:54AM
    jojaca said:
    I have been offered signature/sports/HD/UHD for £36 and £41 with Netflix, if that helps you.
    This is why I decided to cancel I was paying £46 for HD Basic, Sky Go and nothing else.  I cannot really upgrade to SkyQ as the communal dish would not work with that. Surprised they have not offered anything to keep me, they obviously have enough customers or are so busy with everyone cancelling.  They did send a survey asking why I was leaving, will be interesting to see if it is just a generic survey or if they do read the reason and then come back with an offer.  I’d accept £36 with a sports package added, since I get my sport via Now TV so i could save £30 a month with £10 off Sky and the current £20 Now Sports contract.  Freeview box is okay and I can live with it but Sky is easier to use. Nine days to go, so a waiting game.  How long do you need to be away from a contract before being able to take a new one out?
    Paddle No 21:wave:
  • jacquelinecjacquelinec Forumite
    40 Posts
    Forumite
    jojaca said:
    Can I ask is that without bt sport and multiroom.  Are you still connected or not with sky at the moment ?
  • jojacajojaca Forumite
    89 Posts
    Forumite
    That's without BT and multriroom, I have been without Sky TV for about six weeks. 
  • mda99dasmda99das Forumite
    136 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Been with sky for 22 years. They can offer sky Q 3 boxes, sports, HD, 75meg fiibre and best they can do is £102. Moving to Virgin who can do the same for 85
  • BoohooBoohoo Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mda99das said:
    Been with sky for 22 years. They can offer sky Q 3 boxes, sports, HD, 75meg fiibre and best they can do is £102. Moving to Virgin who can do the same for 85
    Virgin sell Sky Q boxes now?
  • gnat9gnatsgnat9gnats Forumite
    4 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Sky may be playing hardball on haggling discounts now. Im a Diamond VIP customer of 21 years and have haggled reasonable reductions in the past. We have TV, BB and Mobile with Sky and I've tried twice this week and failed to reduce my bill meaningfully despite being out of contract. On the first call the guy only tried to sell me Sky Glass. Today I tried again and eventually had to go through to cancellations. To the surprise of the rep given my customer status, the best he could do was a reduction of £7 off my £77 TV bill. He even tried again and got a higher price! 

Given I have the minimum package to get Sky Sports I note BT offer Sky Sports and BT Sports and a BB package for 40% less than my Sky TV and BB. I cannot ignore that!