Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

edited 25 August 2015 at 3:36PM in Phones & TV
2.3K replies 491.5K views

Replies

• Kodi32Kodi32 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Cancelled my Sky TV & Broadband today to try and get a better deal from them!
    Fingers Crossed!  It's worked in the past.   But not sure on their policies these days?   Really don't want to leave sky, i like the Sky Q box!
    The best they could offer me was £94 for 18 months.
    That was for Sky Sports & BT Sport, HD Pack, SkyQ Box & usual sky channels + Basic Fibre Broadband (25mbps download where i am, rural village)
    No Netflix, No Sky Movies. No Multiroom.
    What's the best i can expect for those options?
    Now Here, waiting for Sky to Call !!   :smiley:
  • edited 4 January at 8:05PM
    iniltousiniltous Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 January at 8:05PM
    Superfast FTTC broadband accounts for £25 of the £94, so £69 for sports and entertainment tv , I would think there should be some room for discounts, but no idea how much
  • ironmanjasonironmanjason Forumite
    132 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Kodi32 said:
    Cancelled my Sky TV & Broadband today to try and get a better deal from them!
    Fingers Crossed!  It's worked in the past.   But not sure on their policies these days?   Really don't want to leave sky, i like the Sky Q box!
    The best they could offer me was £94 for 18 months.
    That was for Sky Sports & BT Sport, HD Pack, SkyQ Box & usual sky channels + Basic Fibre Broadband (25mbps download where i am, rural village)
    No Netflix, No Sky Movies. No Multiroom.
    What's the best i can expect for those options?
    Now Here, waiting for Sky to Call !!   :smiley:
    I am in a similar situation where I signed up in mid 2020 on a long term deal for about 55 which then became 65 due to price rises. I was going to call them and cancel next week to see what they can offer.. 94 seems way too high! I currently have Sky Sports, BT Sports, Movies, Kids and Netflix along with UHD. 

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • ProfessorFate888ProfessorFate888 Forumite
    7 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just out of contract and my bill went from £88 per month to £113. I haggled them back down to £83 with a couple of phone calls (FTTP broadband discounted plus some of my old discounts on Sky Sports and HD) but then still went ahead and cancelled. Playing the waiting game now to see if any better offers come through, but will go back to them if not.
  • ProfessorFate888ProfessorFate888 Forumite
    7 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sky just sent me a text message with an offer to come back (further to my post directly above). Now down to £81 per month (£53 for TV including multiroom, HD, Signature and Sky Sports, plus £28 for FTTP broadband). I've accepted the offer.
  • razordrazord Forumite
    287 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I left Sky in 2018, so I'm probably past the existing customer come back offers... Anyone know the best approach as a "new" customer to get a good deal?
  • millermiller Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Really lengthy wait times (it was the first week of January to be fair) and went through to cancellations and twice got offered Signature + Sports for 39.99 on the same call with 2 different CS staff. Before they went through that process I agreed to switch marketing on and they confirm your email address / mobile number (I remembered from previous negotiations this can be useful to get offers through).

They tried to conflate things by offering fibre broadband (they offered £1 cheaper than my current provider after finding out the price from me) before coming up with the 39.99 figure for TV only.

About half way through the notice period and have had 2 email surveys about "what we could have done to keep you" and a text message with a link to /reviewmyoptions which will be ignored (as will everything else before the TV goes off).

The March price increases are going to hit soon so want to get as low as possible to start.
  • paul2louisepaul2louise Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on sky plus deal with sky sports complete and signature for £36.50 until Jan 22. My sky plus box is dying. It keeps glitching and freezing. My options are a £65 engineer visit including refurb sky plus box Or Sky Q. My question i suppose is what is the cheapest and simplest way to get Sky Q. If I go for 1 extra multiscreen box its £10/month for 18 months or if I just want skyQ its £99. What can I haggle with. I cant leave the contract so I need to pick one of these options unless I pick up a second hand plus box off ebay or something. Thanks
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on sky plus deal with sky sports complete and signature for £36.50 until Jan 22. My sky plus box is dying. It keeps glitching and freezing. My options are a £65 engineer visit including refurb sky plus box Or Sky Q. My question i suppose is what is the cheapest and simplest way to get Sky Q. If I go for 1 extra multiscreen box its £10/month for 18 months or if I just want skyQ its £99. What can I haggle with. I cant leave the contract so I need to pick one of these options unless I pick up a second hand plus box off ebay or something. Thanks
    My HD box is dying - I made an exploratory phone call to Sky when I was told that the only replacement now was a Sky Q installation. They wouldn't guarantee my existing 18 month deal so I've sourced a spare HD box for when it finally dies.
  • Kev4291Kev4291 Forumite
    9 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary First Post
    Currently paying £56 a month for sky signature, Netflix, sky sports and HD. Contract expires in mid February and they have offered a renewal from £64 a month. Is it worth trying to get my new monthly premium down? Offering an 18 month contract. Any tips greatly appreciated 😀