edited 25 August 2015 at 3:36PM in Phones & TV
2.2K replies 475.9K views
1216217218219220222»

Replies

• LambyrLambyr Forumite
    427 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thanks, whats the case then, contact them via chat. If I click the link I get a url like : https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/pending-cancel/choose-pack?c=9VFEJ5JL&DCMP=dmc-skycom:ec_my_deal 
    With page not found. So suspecting its creating package maybe. The deal they offered me was not alot off. 
    If My Deal isn't showing, it could be a technical issue, or perhaps you're one of the ones for whom they've decided to try and call your bluff. They do occasionally decide not to offer anything to try and get the customer to break first. Like I say, last time around My Deal didn't work for me at all. I had one text message conversation invite during my last month with a crappy offer, and it was probably 4 weeks after my Sky had been switched off before they sent a winback letter through the post with something reasonable.

Personally, I have no idea what metrics they use, but I'd imagine if you contact them first, they're probably not going to give you the best offer because you'll be demonstrating you're not that committed to leaving. I also think if you have regularly managed to negotiate discounts in the past, they get less and less likely to give you one until you demonstrate you're willing to move on by letting Sky get switched off for a bit.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • slewis1972slewis1972 Forumite
    238 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Update, so the url is indeed a deal. So if anyone gets same issue, use the chat, say you got a message for the deal and post the url you get like I did...Paying £52 now for all channels except kids and extra box.Yes, could have held out for longer but needed to get the missus off my back.
    Once thing I did find out thats annoying, I dont use Sky Q. They wont allow me to add an extra sky box onto contract, yet I have the cabling etc in place...
  • LambyrLambyr Forumite
    427 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Update, so the url is indeed a deal. So if anyone gets same issue, use the chat, say you got a message for the deal and post the url you get like I did...Paying £52 now for all channels except kids and extra box.Yes, could have held out for longer but needed to get the missus off my back.
    Once thing I did find out thats annoying, I dont use Sky Q. They wont allow me to add an extra sky box onto contract, yet I have the cabling etc in place...
    Probably too late now, but they tried that with me last time and I just told them it was a dealbreaker. I can either use my second box or Sky wasn't worth anything to me. Magically, they were able to enable the second box after all. 
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • satwant76satwant76 Forumite
    12 Posts
    10 Posts
    Managed to secure the following deal on existing Sky HD box via Sky Chat with Winback team.

Sky Signature £18
    Sky HD £0
    Sky Cinema £5
    Sky Kids 2

Total £25/month for 18 months + £10 one off admin fee.